All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the colors used for the cover.

Yeah me too!

I wonder if the color correction was approved by WB's and Snyder? If it was, then this color correction may occur in post production perhaps?

I hope it is. Those are the exact colors I wanted.

Same here, here's hoping

Had I been flying like Peter Pan while having just read that… I think I would have lost my “happy thoughts” and fall from the sky.lol

Well the least that they could do is get their facts straight about the release date. I mean, it has to be common knowledge for most people that it’s being released in 2013, so unless they know something that we don’t…. then I’d wish that they correct their dates.

Maybe they do, I hope they do :D

Well looks like the muted Colour scheme was a myth, this will definitely look to keep on the saturated contrast tear that is Snyder. (Hopefully haters will finally learn to keep their hasty reactions till after the fact(see the hair))

Whats really interesting to me is that Amir Morki's visual voice looks to be blending beautifully with Snyders. I can't wait to see some of the city shots.

Yeah, I doubt there's gonna be any new info, but I'd buy the mag for that wondeful cover alone.

Yeah, I doubt there's gonna be any new info, but I'd buy the mag for that wondeful cover alone.

Definitely, I'm gonna collect covers I got the Entertainment Weekly with Cavill on the cover and the Mens Health (first and only time I will probably buy that).

Well looks like the muted Colour scheme was a myth, this will definitely look to keep on the saturated contrast tear that is Snyder. (Hopefully haters will finally learn to keep their hasty reactions till after the fact(see the hair))

Whats really interesting to me is that Amir Morki's visual voice looks to be blending beautifully with Snyders. I can't wait to see some of the city shots.

While the cover may not actually represent what the colors will look like on film, I think the colors will sort of emulate the Spider-man suit in the Raimi films. Set pics colors were a bit drab or muted, but in film they really popped.

I think your assumption that the cover of a magazine somehow accurately reflects the final visual style of the very much still-in-production film is... misguided, to say the least.

^^^
Couldn't agree more with everything you said up here! :up:

I think your assumption that the cover of a magazine somehow accurately reflects the final visual style of the very much still-in-production film is... misguided, to say the least.

Am I to assume that they color corrected the (only studio)image at their own discretion and that it somehow represents an even less accurate representation of an image released several months prior in produciton?

All I said is that the muted look was a myth and that this is more in line with both Snyder/Morki's work.

Am I to assume that they color corrected the (only studio)image at their own discretion and that it somehow represents an even less accurate representation of an image released several months prior in produciton?

All I said is that the muted look was a myth and that this is more in line with both Snyder/Morki's work.

Plus, we must also remind ourselves the source of this more than likely approved color correction? The magazine IS an SFX special visual effects trade mag afterall people!

I think it's a good bet this color scheme will be pretty damn close to what we will be seeing in trailers and when the final print of film for MOS is released in the theaters!

IF this is the case, I'm officially stoked! :word: :supes:

That reminds me, there was some one(people) around here saying that it would be a mindless waste of money for post to go in and colour his cape red for every single frame or some non sense like that.

good times.

My apologies, but your comment reads, to me, as suggesting that the style of the cover image is somehow indicative of how the movie will look, as opposed to the photo's original release.

My opinion is that you're putting a lot of stock in this one version of the image, and one simply cannot discern how the movie will look from either presentation of the image, certainly not this far in advance of the film.

(That said, I'd be much happier with the film leaning towards the more saturated look.)

I see,
my overall conclusion was/is that
1. I've never seen a publication change an image in the opposite direction of production.
2. It now looks like what we've come to expect from Snyders work(see watchmen)

You're right, it's still too early to know for sure, especially with still photography, however it's a very solid conclusion.

Truth is I was kinda hoping for something fresh from Snyder. But at the same time after the Singer job(and even the stuff in Captain America) I welcome the Bayesque photography. The farm scenes will be amazing.

I see,
my overall conclusion was/is that
1. I've never seen a publication change an image in the opposite direction of production.

There were several instances where publications messed around with the first image of Superman from SR.

Plus, we must also remind ourselves the source of this more than likely approved color correction? The magazine IS an SFX special visual effects trade mag afterall people!

I think it's a good bet this color scheme will be pretty damn close to what we will be seeing in trailers and when the final print of film for MOS is released in the theaters!

IF this is the case, I'm officially stoked! :word: :supes:

It's not a special visual effects trade mag, trust me i've been reading it for a decade. It's kind of a misleading name.

It's actually more like 'Science Fiction Xtra'. They run news and articles on anything Sci-Fi/Fantasy in Films, Television, Comics, Books etc.

It's run from a town called Bath in the South West of England (about a two hour drive from where I live). I'm not certain on the legality of publishing a picture on your front cover with colour changes, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have done that.

The staff are pretty much just a big bunch of geeks like us :D

Yeah, I think the official image reminds me of the Snyder Look. It has a stylistic quality that has a kind of glaze to it, making the image look somewhat artlike

sucker-punch-sweet-pea-abbie-cornish-poster.jpg
watchmen_movie_poster.png

superman-man-of-steel-movie-image-henry-cavill-02-600x400.jpg

I think it becomes tough to gauge what it will look like specifically in the film, until the trailer, but Snyder saying it wont look like anything he's done before...makes me think it will be closer in look, colors, and sharpness to his "Dawn of the Dead" remake

dawn-of-the-dead-2004-jake-weber-sarah-polley-mich1.jpg

The strong saturation and crisp imagery added to the realism of that film.

Last edited:
It's not a special visual effects trade mag, trust me i've been reading it for a decade. It's kind of a misleading name.

It's actually more like 'Science Fiction Xtra'. They run news and articles on anything Sci-Fi/Fantasy in Films, Television, Comics, Books etc.

It's run from a town called Bath in the South West of England (about a two hour drive from where I live). I'm not certain on the legality of publishing a picture on your front cover with colour changes, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have done that.

The staff are pretty much just a big bunch of geeks like us :D
Do you know if this magazine is available in the US? If so any idea as to where one might be able to get this issue?

No idea i'm afraid. I know they do a downloadable version for ipod/ipad that's available anywhere in the world.

Other than that, perhaps try ebay or amazon once it's come out.

You're right, it's still too early to know for sure, especially with still photography, however it's a very solid conclusion.
If this were a well-known major publication (like Entertainment Weekly), I might be inclined to agree with you, but since it's a small-name magazine with no discernible direct connection to the production or WB, I'm going to say again, I think you're putting too much stock in it. :)

Those colors seem to match the fan pic colors taken outdoors, but who knows how it will appear on film... can't wait to see.

Interesting developments with two of WB's 2013 films -- Paradise Lost and Arthur & Lancelot are being re-developed with lower budgets in mind. Even the WB execs are getting antsy and want the writer of the latter to move the project to another studio if he can.

A&L has a March 15, 2013 date slated. If WB and Legendary can't thrash out a lower-budgeted A&L, could MOS take that spot?

This is a somewhat weird question, but does anyone know what the budget for the movie is? Or at least an estimated one? I can't see it being cheap. It's Superman. But I am curious. The movie seems to be coming along excellently and I want the visuals to be just as great.

Why is this movie going to be released in 2013????

They started filming in 2011.

And it should be done by now or 2012.

Movie shoots are around 3 months.

This movie should be released on winter 2012

Not sure if you heard, but it was originally intended to be released in Winter 2012, and for some reason, they decided to push its release date in Summer 2013...maybe since they didn't want it so close to the release of "The Hobbit".

Because they have The Hobbit in Winter 2012 and nothing for Summer 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"