All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
WETA is working on MOS?

YEEEEEEEEES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

That's sweet that its WETA

Awesome news. I really like that Snyder is doing as much practical stuff as he can.

Last edited:
Awesome news. I really like that Snyder is doing as much practical stuff as much as he can.

Indeed; and it was definitely a added treat to hear them saying that MOS was still a very much "character-driven" story.

I would guess we get the teaser in July with TDKR.

Oh and knowing that WETA is working on this seriously made me skip a heart beat. This is fantastic news.

I think I just saw a reference to the Superman legal battle on Lois and Clark. I'm watching the episode Whine, Whine, Whine, and Superman is looking for someone to represent him in a lawsuit against him. One of the lawyers is played by Ben Stein, and he suggests to Superman that they counter-sue the plaintiff, and to also sue the makers of the Superman comics for not cutting him in on it, and in return, let him (the lawyer) have the tv and movie rights. I'm not sure how long the legal battle has been going on though. Could it just be a coincidence?

Hmmm.... Man of Steel has:
A story written by C. Nolan and David Goyer (The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception).
A script written by J. Nolan and David Goyer (The Dark Knight Trilogy).
Henry Cavill as Superman (The Tudors, Immortals)
Michael Shannon as Zod (Revolutionary Road, Boardwalk Empire, Take Shelter)
Amy Adams as Lois Lane (The Fighter)
And is directed by possibly the greatest visual director around, Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300).

How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Because he knows it all....DUH!!! :oldrazz:

Weta has always for me always fallen short in terms of pure photo realism when compared to the work of ILM.

They do other stuff well but that one aspect always falls short.
It maybe because they've dealt with more organic elements or perhaps because the films they have done haven't had the more contrast based lighting that some of ILMs films have.

For their earlier work and some shots in Rise of the Apes, I agree with you. But the rest of their work, especially Avatar, was excellent. On par with ILM at their best, IMO.

any idea at all when we might see the next pic/poster/teaser trailer?

For their earlier work and some shots in Rise of the Apes, I agree with you. But the rest of their work, especially Avatar, was excellent. On par with ILM at their best, IMO.

having seen some Rise of apes clips again you may be right. I still would rather ILM though.

just look to batman marketing. And hopefully not GL's (man did that film do anything right?)

We can't say for sure, until we know June 2013 is the definite, definite release date. But if it is, expect a teaser and poster roughly a year before release.

having seen some Rise of apes clips again you may be right. I still would rather ILM though.

just look to batman marketing. And hopefully not GL's (man did that film do anything right?)

Mark Strong as Sinestro :o

In regards to potential date for a MOS teaser; I definitely see it happening at TDKR, especially since a teaser for TDKR was shown at the WB's last biggest franchise that came to a end as well: Harry Potter.

It should be interesting to see on how much footage they show given the fact that unlike most comic book films, the MOS would have had time to film A LOT more footage than most films would have had prior before their teaser trailer release date...thus they can't say that they didn't show as much because they didn't film as much before then.

Yeah, I don't see why it couldn't be as long as a full trailer by then.

But here's hoping :)

Do you guys think they'll do anything like they've done with the Dark Knight films and show a MOS prologue with another movie?

Do you guys think they'll do anything like they've done with the Dark Knight films and show a MOS prologue with another movie?

I don't think so. If MOS was being directed by Nolan instead of Snyder, sure, but I don't think Snyder would want to do it. Nolan has a say in the production to a degree, but the decision to do a MOS prologue is up to Snyder and Warner Brothers.

I say if Snyder wants to do it and WB is incredibly confident in the final product, then by all means do it. I'd rather have a good marketing campaign instead.

In regards to potential date for a MOS teaser; I definitely see it happening at TDKR, especially since a teaser for TDKR was shown at the WB's last biggest franchise that came to a end as well: Harry Potter.

It should be interesting to see on how much footage they show given the fact that unlike most comic book films, the MOS would have had time to film A LOT more footage than most films would have had prior before their teaser trailer release date...thus they can't say that they didn't show as much because they didn't film as much before then.

Apparently the teaser is already done, because Zack is sticking to his original schedule in which MOS would come out in December.

Of course there'll be a MOS-teaser in front of TDKR. They're like DC's counterparts and WB's biggest superhero-assets. One franchise ends, another begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"