All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hehe: Big big advantage not having a kid!

There is so much to give me confidence tho. Lots of little things that individually don't mean much, but put together with everything else they cement my faith in this movie.

Like Snyder saying in an interview that ironically, if he was ever going to make a movie set in the real world, it would be Superman.

Everything Michael Shannon has said about Zod, and how 3 dimensional his character is going to be, and how he's focusing on what it's like to be a General.

Cavill saying that he isn't rewatching old interpretations because he wants to find his inspiration soley from the script and from the comics.

Pictures of a shirtless Cavill looking cut, manly and heroic.

Interview with Amy Adams where she talks about how Lois is such a strong female role model (or something to that effect :))

Russel Crowe tweating about fighting with Shannon, showing that we will be getting scenes on Krypton like nothing we've ever seen before.

And most recently, hearin WETA is involved, that Snyder is trying not to overuse CGI, and that the story is very 'character driven' :D

I could go on and on! :p

I don't think there is a single interview or piece of leaked information that I don't love. I mean, it's shocking how right they keep getting what their saying!

How can you take all those ingredients and not make something delicious? :D

Yuuuuuuuuup!! :word:

Saw The Hobbit trailer, and wow. I wish WB would find another holiday 2012 movie to push to summer 2013 -- because I would definitely see a double feature of MOS and The Hobbit if they're released two weeks within each other.

Quick question, has Snyder or anyone else stated how much of the film will be shot in IMAX?

Saw The Hobbit trailer, and wow. I wish WB would find another holiday 2012 movie to push to summer 2013 -- because I would definitely see a double feature of MOS and The Hobbit if they're released two weeks within each other.

I'd give nearly ANYTHING to see MOS released earlier.lol

That trailer.

Proof positive that the Internet will lose their **** over anything and overpraise something to high Heaven when its merely because they've been waiting forever to see footage. See also: Avengers and Dark Knight Rises teasers.

It was OK but to say it blew The Dark Knight Rises trailer outta the water is full on nerdgasming.

Now assuming if the theories are true about Superman's first big official save being a train rescue, I wonder on how they'll be able to stage that to make it look as exciting as it was for the airplane rescue in SR?
where did u get that? i thought that was from a fan script.

where did u get that? i thought that was from a fan script.

well, while I'm not putting much faith into it..I just went to IMDB, and several actors listed on the page were registered under "train passenger" roles.

It was OK but to say it blew The Dark Knight Rises trailer outta the water is full on nerdgasming.

I didn't say it did. I wasn't holding my breath on footage for The Hobbit, but the trailer was impressively put together.

And I truly mean by what I said. If WB can move MOS to November or late December 2012, I would definitely take a day off and see both movies on the same day. Warner Brothers gets my money either way.

That trailer.

Proof positive that the Internet will lose their **** over anything and overpraise something to high Heaven when its merely because they've been waiting forever to see footage. See also: Avengers and Dark Knight Rises teasers.

Hell, I saw some guy on Collider saying that the WRATH OF THE TITANS trailer was better than the one for The Dark Knight Rises. :facepalm:

But people are entitled to their opinions.

I have always thought that a new reboot of Superman should be illuminated when he is using his powers, that way it would be hard to make out his face and even those who were close to him would be in awe of his illumination to realize he is Clark. We often hear of Gods of the old being illuminated, I think this would be a cool way to "disguise" Superman... any thoughts?

Quick question, has Snyder or anyone else stated how much of the film will be shot in IMAX?

I've heard they will be shooting a fair amount of scenes using IMAX cameras. This is just from birdies. I haven't heard anything official regarding that though and I would like to hear something official or something from Snyder, Mokri or one of the producers.

Wait? Snyder is shooting Imax too? Nolan, Snyder, Bird. There are three. needs more people to recognize this awesome format.

I saw it as well it's just another movie about hype and walking it should be called lotr the long hike before the great hike

:hehe:

Thanks for that :) I occasionally forget how much I love Ace Ventura :D

And on that note, i'll express my excitement at the WETA news...

tumblr_lw01b8srFX1qigzmv.gif

Correction, I meant Double Negative not Digital Domain! haha

I wonder when we can expect to get some new and official stills soon.

J.J. Abrams is using IMAX for the Star Trek sequel, too.

I don’t think that’s confirmed. An Abrams quote on the MTV site reads…

“We’re shooting on film, 2-D, and then we’ll do a good high-end conversion like the Harry Potter movie and all that…Luckily, with our release date now we have the months needed to do it right because if you rush it, it never looks good… We were talking about [shooting in IMAX] and I would love to do it. IMAX is my favorite format; I’m a huge fan.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676322/jj-abrams-star-trek.jhtml

Man of Steel Movie Trailer to Debut in Six Months. Warner Bros. will reveal the first trailer and new images this June in preparation for Superman’s highly anticipated return to the big-screen. Warner Bros. will begin promoting its Zack Snyder-directed Superman reboot ‘Man of Steel’ a whole year before it’s 2013 release date. The studio had a similar strategy with ‘The Dark Knight Rises’. The teaser trailer for that film debuted July 18, 2011, almost a year to the day of its July 20, 2012 scheduled release date. The ‘Man of Steel’ teaser trailer is set to debut on or before June 11th with official movie stills to appear in movie magazines and online before that date. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon and Laurence Fishburne star in the superhero action-adventure. See the latest photos and movie posters for ‘Man of Steel’ below in the photo gallery. Born on the doomed planet Krypton, but raised on Earth, mild-mannered newspaper reporter Clark Kent (Cavill) must become the superhero known as “Superman” to defend the world against two other surviving Kryptonians, the tyrannical General Zod (Shannon) and his evil partner Faora (Antje Traue).
http://www.movienewz.com/superman-man-of-steel/# Thanks to the MOS facebook page for the heads up. :woot:

Not that I'm complaining, but I wonder why they didn't want to wait until TDKR to have maximum impact on its debut. Perhaps they didn't want to share the limelight.

Called it. Nah, it was obvious. But I'm kinda sad that 2013 is definitely the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"