All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be a dud. it won't make iron Man money but it will be successful. Enough to fund a sequel.

I expect MOS to ever so slightly make more dough than Supes Returns.

As ridiculous as your post is, it might have a tiny bit merit. I might just know a little more then the those at the WB. Considering their track record this year and the fact that they made Green Lantern. :funny:

Not as ridiculous as yours, but if you really think you can do better than Geoff, WB & co, go ahead and show us your perfect master plan of how they should do it. :o

Thinking about a JL film being the sequel to MoS. Considering how so have been talking about how big and almost "untoppable" MoS is looking, perhaps that is why they are looking at a possibly Superman-centered JL film as the sequel.

Man, you guys talk fast. I'm still trying to catch up with Part 59.

I expect MOS to ever so slightly make more dough than Supes Returns.

Not good enough. Adjusted for ticket costs SR would make 242 million. Slightly better than the 200 million it made in 2006 would mean it makes less than SR. I have a hard time believing it does worse than SR. Though I doubt it reaches to 600 million it needs for a sequel or a JL film to be made.

Not as ridiculous as yours, but if you really think you can do better than Geoff, WB & co, go ahead and show us your perfect master plan of how they should do it. :o
I'd just rip off the brilliant Skyfall campaign. That was perfection. They made going to see Skyfall and event around the world. A year worth of buildup, serving both the fans and the casual, emphasizing the tied in nostalgia of a huge anniversary. Led to a lot of widespread goodwill and attention.

If this film is as good as it looks and the reviews are positive, it will have some serious legs. I know. I know, I know. Obvious post is obvious. :o lol
I think this could be a surprise like Inception.
If I recall correctly the early BO estimates were pretty modest. Reviews came in, word of mouth spread, and it just took off!

I'm setting my alarm for 6am on Saturday. My Walmart is about 20 mins away by bike so I'll hopefully get there in time to grab a bite from Burger King and then get my tickets once 8am hits.

Oh and saw TV Spot 5 (the one with the Fishburne voiceover at the beginning) with the season finale of Big Bang Theory :up:

Thinking about a JL film being the sequel to MoS. Considering how so have been talking about how big and almost "untoppable" MoS is looking, perhaps that is why they are looking at a possibly Superman-centered JL film as the sequel.

Brings up a good point. If it makes enough to get a sequel or JL film (I'm not convinced it quite makes it to 600 million) and they do a JL next and Henry is signed for 3 films total and JL is a huge hit - what does WB do? Make a JL sequel and use up Henry's 3rd film or follow JL with an MOS sequel but loose Henry for the JL sequel?

I think this film is an easy 500m WW at the very VERY least, but it could definitely soar to 800 depending on the last stretch marketing and the word of mouth.

Brings up a good point. If it makes enough to get a sequel or JL film (I'm not convinced it quite makes it to 600 million) and they do a JL next and Henry is signed for 3 films total and JL is a huge hit - what does WB do? Make a JL sequel and use up Henry's 3rd film or follow JL with an MOS sequel but loose Henry for the JL sequel?
They do a sequel to MoS and JL and sign him for more films. :cwink:

I think this film is an easy 500m WW at the very VERY least, but it could definitely soar to 800 depending on the last stretch marketing and the word of mouth.

But....but....It needs to make more than $600 million to warrant a MOS sequel and JL movie. :o

Yeah, you would think 500m WW would be a bare minimum at this point. 600m seem quite reachable. If the movie is as good as we all hope for, WOM could take it past that easily imo.

They do a sequel to MoS and JL and sign him for more films. :cwink:

Sounds like he want ta to try other things now film-wise.

What do you do if he doesn't sign on for more.

A jl2 and no MOS sequel or a single MOS sequel and recast Supes for JL2?

Bummed as hell. I thought the June 13th screening would include IMAX but no such luck. :csad:

Sounds like he want ta to try other things now film-wise.

What do you do if he doesn't sign on for more.

A jl2 and no MOS sequel or a single MOS sequel and recast Supes for JL2?
If these films make the kind of money that makes that many movies possible, it changes everything.

Adjusted for inflated ticket prices 500 million is about what SR did WW. That would be a failure IMO in WB's eyes. I'm not especially optimistic, though compared to Sabelli I look like an optimist, and I think it does 50 million or more than the 500 million SR made. Again, adjusted for ticket prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"