All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow he'd be perfect! :wow: that description fits him. :hehe:
Liam is a great actor but he doesn't look as scary IMO
I think I'm gonna start watching Sherlock and everything he does from now on.

Well I had Liam pegged back in '05 for the way he played Rā's al Ghūl in Batman Begins. He has this presence, and his voice would be perfect for that specific character.

That being said, I was FLOORED by Cumberbatch's performance. That one scene where

Khan talks about his "family"

Was just so perfect!! :woot:

Well I had Liam pegged back in '05 for the way he played Rā's al Ghūl in Batman Begins. He has this presence, and his voice would be perfect for that specific character.

That being said, I was FLOORED by Cumberbatch's performance. That one scene where

Khan talks about his "family"

Was just so perfect!! :woot:

I know right. I loved how the camera kept on focusing on his face the entire time, you could see the progression of his emotions. Even the way he cries is scary and :hrt::hehe:

I can't wait to see Zod!

We can only hope Andreth. :super:

You haven't seen Sherlock? You should as soon as possible. It is fantastic.

The first time I recognized Cumberbatch was in "Atonement". It is kinda of funny considering his status as a bit of a sex symbol now.

Nope, sadly I haven't seen it yet, but I was aware of a funny conflict between the american Sherlock fans vs the british sherlock fans lol :doh:

I know right. I loved how the camera kept on focusing on his face the entire time, you could see the progression of his emotions. Even the way he cries is scary and :hrt::hehe:

I can't wait to see Zod!

Holy crap DAT TEAR!!!! :hehe: so perfect :applaud

And the scene between Kirk and Spock (yes, I'm referring to THAT scene :hehe:) had me in epic man-tears.

Holy crap DAT TEAR!!!! :hehe: so perfect :applaud

And the scene between Kirk and Spock (yes, I'm referring to THAT scene :hehe:) had me in epic man-tears.

they're soulmates, alright?! :hrt:
I don't think that qualifies as "bromance" anymore
That's in the level of Sawyer's mancrush with Henry :hehe:

I teared up when

Spock started crying :waa:

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Lois lives in a small apartment, is obsessed with social media, and always fights with Perry White. I love it
tumblr_mmym1oRwHQ1qkx4nbo1_1280.png

Wow! Everything about Lois sounds great

Seconded. And Adams has a very versatile and strong personality. I think she could eclipse Margot Kidder as the "definitive" cinematic Lois.

Kay so I just saw Into Darkness....

I got nothin'. And that is a VERY good sign. Definitely made up for IM3, got me VERY excited for Man of Steel.

Seriously though, I got nothin' :dry::up::up:

I just watched STID too, great movie!
I loved LOVED Khan! now THAT'S a villain, I'm looking at you IM3 :p
And the actor is so sexy :atp: I've never really cared for Chris Pine but wow, he gave a wonderful performance!

I finally got MoS trailer #3! :D Sadly it played at the beginning while everybody were taking their seats and bringing their pop corn, it distracted me , I couldn't really enjoy it :cmad: but oh well.
AGREED, GUYS!!
But I'm not here to start an IM3 (which I still did enjoy, for the record) debate, while talking about how much I liked 'Into Darkness'... on the MoS forums. :oldrazz:
Freaking finally saw trailer 3!
A couple of *****ey sounding guys realized it was Superman pretty early into Jor-el's dialogue.:

"Ugh... Superman. Again?!"
"He'll be a god to them."
"Yeah, a Sthuperman. *imitation lisp*"?
"SHUT UP, YOU!!!!" :argh: I thought quietly, to myself...
At the end they conceded. "Hm. Looks pretty good."

Seeing it on my phone, and computer monitors does it zero justice! It's just so much better in "LieMax".

I can't wait to see her arguing with Perry, I wonder if we'll get any of these:

Great caesar's ghost!

LAAAANE!

Don't call me chief!!

:hehe:

AGREED, GUYS!!
But I'm not here to start an IM3 (which I still did enjoy, for the record) debate, while talking about how much I liked 'Into Darkness'... on the MoS forums. :oldrazz:
Freaking finally saw trailer 3!
A couple of *****ey sounding guys realized it was Superman pretty early into Jor-el's dialogue.:

"Ugh... Superman. Again?!"
"He'll be a god to them."
"Yeah, a Sthuperman. *imitation lisp*"?
"SHUT UP, YOU!!!!" :argh: I thought quietly, to myself...
At the end they conceded. "Hm. Looks pretty good."

Seeing it on my phone, and computer monitors does it zero justice! It's just so much better in "LieMax".

how annoying, I heard the same thing "Superman again?" ugh :argh:
They just don't understand! Let's see all of them jumping the "superman is so cool again" bandwagon after the premiere

Last edited:
And that's the thing. Superman isn't my fav at all. But I recognize that if you do his story correctly...
He can't be touched, by superhero standards.

Last edited:
yeah 2 superman films in 25 years

damn that superman movie again lol

You guys should expect some push back. Superman still has the uncool image and that is all WB's fault for not fully updating he and his world like they did Batman's in 2005. Hopefully this movie shows people how awesome, how not stuck in the past Supes really is.

Went to a screening to STID, nothing for MOS, maybe because it was a privately owned theater. Literally only had 4 trailers for other films.

My 3D screening of INTO DARKNESS had the third trailer in 3D and boy, you could tell the audience was paying close attention during the trailer. It made you stand up and take notice...especially in 3D. It's a special trailer that grabs the attention, no doubt.

As for INTO DARKNESS? Floored. Easily the best film or second best film (Soderbergh's SIDE EFFECTS) I've seen this year. Hands down the best film I've seen in this early summer movie season and might be the best when it's all said and done (Come on MAN OF STEEL...prove me wrong).

And it's official. I'm on the Cumberbatch bandwagon big time after his interpretation of..... That guy, Tom Hardy, and Heath Ledger, if he were still with us, need to have a villain's convention, they're so good in their respective roles.

I am so happy to see more people discovering Cumberbatch. I absolutely adore him.

BTW BH/HHH... are you gonna take some pics of that Starburst mag? :p

Oh crap yeah well just the cover as there's nothing new inside but it's nothing special, I can't do it right now cause I gotta take my dog out but I might need reminding later

Edit: nvm it's up on the site now

Issue_389___Cove_519634313cbc6.jpg

After Into Darkness, MOS has some stiff competition for best summer movie, in my opinion. Though, I have a lot of faith in Snyder, Goyer, Nolan, Cavill, Adams, Shannon and everyone else involved.

And the 3D in the trailer before Star Trek was marvelous. I know it was just a trailer but I felt that was some of the best 3D I've ever seen. Star Trek's 3D was really good too. Funny how bad conversions have come out (ex. Clash of the Titans) and these two conversions look fantastic.

Oh crap yeah well just the cover as there's nothing new inside but it's nothing special, I can't do it right now cause I gotta take my dog out but I might need reminding later

Edit: nvm it's up on the site now

Issue_389___Cove_519634313cbc6.jpg

Cool :)

They always do these cool drawn covers, I had a Spider-man one that kicked ass too

They always do these cool drawn covers, I had a Spider-man one that kicked ass too

They never did when I was a teenager and buying the mag. Their covers looked like this:

starburst334.jpg

I prefer the new style :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee