All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

:yay: I'm beginning to love your posts.

2. ThePowerCosmic

Or the freaked out black cab driver in TASM during the Lizard scene.

3. ThreadPool

ThreadPool Thank you, SHH

[​IMG]

4. DaJanksta

DaJanksta Henry Cavill's chest hair

5. moviefreak

moviefreak Jalwah tree loiter

LOL. I remember that scene. Is that supposed to reference Bo Tucker as the Pimp yelling, "Woooh, that's baaad outfit" in Superman TM?

6. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Haha! From ashy, to classy.
    Why oh why..
    Well..they're both comics.

7. JaD

JaD Thriller Night

Cool, I won some yesterday as well :) :up:

8. DaJanksta

DaJanksta Henry Cavill's chest hair

Woohoo! Superman fans getting free tickets since we are probably the only ones playing it lol.

9. moviefreak

:yay: Most of them tend to be guy/gal born after 1978 and a couple of dude/dudette who were still in their nappy. At least IMO. Not a knock on them, but I simply do not understand their obsession with a 30+ years old movie.

I'm older than Damon Lindelof, but I do not have such attachment to Donner Superman like some of these guys. When I saw Superman Returns I was just disppointed with the lack of original idea in that film and the re-use of John Williams score - I don't need to hear it over and over again. One of few reasons I hardly go to the cinema these days - I get bored too easily.

10. ThePowerCosmic

lol, maybe since this is a different Spider-Man, that's the same guy from SM2 but a "rebooted" version who looks different but is still the same character essentially. :funny:

11. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

At least we're obsessed with a movie we've actually seen.

12. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

Thanks big time, got 2 free tickets for the 12th!

13. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Hahaha to be honest, I liked the SM2 guy better. But since this is a Supes thread, maybe we can see the cute little kid from Superman Returns in MOS! Maybe a shot of Stan Lee saving the kid from falling deb-...wait a minute. :]

14. ThePowerCosmic

I agree, the SM2 was better to me too. He was funnier.

LOL I remember that scene!

[​IMG]

But dear god, I hope that kid from SR isn't anywhere near MOS. Even if he isn't the same character, I don't want to see him! :woot:

15. moviefreak

It's not a problem with me if you felt that way.:yay: I have seen Superman in the cinema in 1978, wore classic shield T-shirt, had an action figure and a couple other collections. That and also Star Wars. But this does not mean that I'm obsessed with it too much to point of say complaining about the tone, direction etc of the future Superman film.

Like what Donner said when asked for his view & advice by a media outlet upon Snyder being hired to direct about two years ago, he said that he would like the director to show him something different. I'm of similar view to Donner in that regards.

16. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Glad you got it :]
    And aw why not?! He's pwecious! Haha I'm kidding I could care less. That's like telling me you wanna see Topher Grace in TASM2. God no

17. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind feedback guys.

I'm not a Nolanite sir, as a matter of fact I'm one of Goyer and Nolan's biggest critics when it comes to the Batman franchise. I have been highly critical all of Nolan's Bat-films. I do not ignore their flaws like a lot of people seem to because they are "dark n hardcore!" On the contrary I like slightly less self serious fair than Nolan has given us with his comicbook films. I am hoping for a less popcorny movie than Trek 2 and IM3 though because, although I like those films, the constant jokiness and thrill ride pacing has gotten tiresome. I want a little more depth (says the girl eagerly awaiting Fast 6). Hopefully this new Superman film is a little less self serious than Nolan's Bat-films.

Even with Goyer's iffy writing I perfer Batman Begins over Superman the movie. Even getting into a 1970's mindset doesn't help me like the film. I like parts of it, it's not terrible and I respect that it created the structure of modern the comicbook film.

Obviously there is greatness in the film for that very reason and it cannot under any circumstances be dismissed. I consider it a classic eventhough I don't care for it. Surly you can agree though that a 1970's tone would be reduntant and not work as well in a 2000's Superman movie, that it needs to get with the times for lack of a better term?

18. BatmanBeyond

BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

Umm, I don't think she was suggesting anything along these lines at all.

Edit: ^Beat me to it. :woot:

19. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Tell em Steve-Dave

:up:

20. I SEE SPIDEY

It's fine, he just doesn't know my posting history. I assume wrongheaded things all the time so I'm not the one to judge...too harshly.

I do agree with his thought that we shouldn't call MOS great sight unseen. Just like that whiny ass screenwriter Lindy shouldn't call it bad, we should see the movie before declaring it anything.

I won't apologize for thinking it looks outstanding though because I think it does.

I hate to assume things but I'm guessing by his avatar that he didn't take to kindly to me saying that a 2000's movie shouldn't play out like a 70's film and because I said that Donner Superman fans were wearing rose colored glasses. I understand why he would lash out if he is a fan of the film. I do the same thing and I'm sure my nostalgia goggles are on when it comes to certain films.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  21. Notrip

Notrip SuperDaD

You're welcome :yay:

22. jasvll

jasvll Well-Known Member

Interesting how often he said the exact opposite just a couple of years earlier. :cwink:

23. BatmanBeyond

BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

Agreed. As I've mentioned in another post, I really do hope this movie's as good as it looks. But I'll be holding back on the hyperbole for a little while longer. :o

24. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Speaking of hyperbole -

IF some of our members or outside critics see advanced screenings and come back with negative reviews, we need to make sure folk around here don't attack them for it. I've seen it happen on the TASM and IM3 boards. Its ridiculous. You can't disagree with a negative review without first seeing the movie yourself.

Just a random aside.

25. I SEE SPIDEY

:up: I can promise you that I won't be agreeing or disagreeing with any reviews until I've seen the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.