All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was more of a general public oriented trailer much closer to the release date. Shorter and filled with action. Next to the TV Spots, which is the advertising that really makes a difference with the general public, this is as good as it gets.

Agreed. Each trailer has been targeting different segments within the general audience. I think they have succeeded in covering most of the bases by now, but the key will be how much exposure this latest trailer gets. If it is seen by sufficient people and gets a buzz going (with still 3 weeks to go) this could open bigger than people imagine. Perhaps not IM3 big, but if it is as good as the trailers suggest, then it'll will imo likely have better legs than IM3.

Trailer 4 was a mixture of scope, heart, emotion, and action. This new trailer is balls to the wall action, and that is what WB needs after everyone (general audience) was Meh about SR. I know most of us want a well rounded awesome movie, and that's what it looks like we are getting. For some, trailer 4 was the game changer, maybe for some, this new one is. All in all, I believe they have shown a good mixture of what the overall movie may be like, even though this last trailer is action heavy. Gotta get those teenage boys in the seats.

(Going into SuperHeroHYPE mode)

:wow:

Movie of the year! Greatest visuals since Avatar! Best superhero movie since TDK! Most spectacular scenes since (you guessed it) Avatar! Best superpowered action scenes ever!!

YES, the world is ready Superman!

Now seriously, I don't expect perfection because every movie has flaws, but MOS should easily be the best Superman movie yet and one of the best genre movies of the last few years.

The King is back!

:super:

Keep it clean with the comments people.....

NP4aFKK.gif
jg6z5A0.gif
JIs8E7M.gif

I think this film will put a rest to the whole notion of Superman being too powerful. In this film he has to face several battle experienced kryptionians with the same powers he has, plus deal with black zero. All by himself.

Problem was some Wal-Marts had lines, some had two people and no lines.

What kills the 1 Billion predictions is the overseas take.

Good point - and it's truly bizarre how vastly different regions of the U.S. can be.

Are we assuming that MoS won't do phenomenally overseas because Superman is thematically/mostly an Americana character, and is therefore not as "universal"? If so, I think this movie might scratch all that. He's from another planet, anyway. I think he'll have worldwide appeal.

If anything, this movie has a better shot at a billion than Iron Man ever did. Iron Man actually is an American; Superman is not - regardless of him looking like an American flag flying around.

Just a thought. I could be wrong. It's a vastly different situation than say, Captain America.

Either way, this will be a tricky movie, and the opening weekend will be fascinating.

That image of the huge guy looks just like doomsday from the comics when he had the costume on! I can't be the only one that noticed this...
Yup, I've noticed it too. Looks like they're prepping/testing the effects for a sequel with Doomsday. I really can imagine him in this universe while I couldn't in other movies.

I just love the documentary style feel to this movie. It really sets it apart from not only previous Superman films but most other superhero films in general.

I'm happy with how most of the visual effects look. I don't see any ridiculously looking waxy cgi body doubles.

The trailer was clearly the "young males, come and see our movie trailer!" I also agree that it makes the movie look as different as possible from the last film. It makes Superman look cooler than ever and Superman has to look like that to put asses in seats. It's a good marketing idea and a great, chilling and thrilling kickass trailer that of course isn't as good as the last trailer. I didn't expect it to anyway so that's not a dig. And now to fangirl my ass off...

SUPERMAN ****ING PUNCHES VILLIANS!!! :woot:

I just love the documentary style feel to this movie. It really sets it apart from not only previous Superman films but most other superhero films in general.

You mean the hand-held style of filming? I really dig it.

I told myself I wouldn't watch anything after Trailer #3 and first two spots.

I lied. :(

Problem was some Wal-Marts had lines, some had two people and no lines.

What kills the 1 Billion predictions is the overseas take.

If you are talking about the foreign market then I agree, Superman 2-4 weren't shown over seas?! And Superman and Superman Returns never reached 200$ million or more over seas.

Just what is happening when superman is in the what looks to be a calm-and-in-tact building, as he screams??? He looks absolutely frightened...

You mean the hand-held style of filming? I really dig it.

Yeah, it's 100% different to any other superhero film before it. Nolan's Batman had elements of it but it looks as if it's going to be the main visual style for this film.

I actually suspect part of the story line is that he "DOES" Surrender to protect the humans, but they basically say "we are going to claim earth anyways" and then the fight happens..because at some point, he is in their ship and I think Lois is as well.

I am really wondering at what point in this process is the whole "Superman standing in the desert getting ready to fly off into the distance".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"