All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whedon hasn't directed enough films to be compared to any director really.

I'm trying to figure out who annoys me more, Whedon worshipers or Nolanphiles? It's like Alien v. Predator, whoever wins I lose.

Last edited:
What would this continuity of Superman be called by the fandom? I know people sometimes call Donner's continuity the "Donnerverse", so I guess this could be called the "Snyderverse".

I'm trying to figure out who annoys me more, Whedon worshipers or Nolanphiles? It's like Alien v. Predator, whoever wins I lose.

I would go with Nolanphiles. They always seem to cry the most.

Eh, the Nolan bashing doesn't bother me because it's offset by the constant worshiping that he receives.

See, but that's childish. I love Nolan's work and so does 98% of the Batboards, but the 'extremists' are only a small portion (from what I've seen). Alot of Nolan fans on this site are reasonable, and cite Nolan's weaknesses as a film-maker. They might worship him but it's not the case where the Batboards claim Nolan to be a God. At the worst, we'll get a poster or two who exaggerate and make menial remarks, however, that shouldn't justify backlash.

Will it be fair to all Marvel/Avenger fans if the successes of film leads to instant Joss Whedon hatred/bashing?

If the opinion of Nolan comes via Nolan-Extremists, then I pity the individuals who bash Nolan because of a group of idiots. In other cases, it's just competitive fanboyism -- that doesn't bother me.

I'm not a fan of Whedon, like, at all. I haven't liked any of the stuff he was solely in charge of and think he's a pretty arrogant person. He was part of Roseanne and Toy Story, I liked those as a whole and I liked Dr. Horrible because of NPH and Fillion. But he looks like he's done a fine job with Avengers.

I'm not a fan of Whedon, like, at all. I haven't liked any of the stuff he was solely in charge of and think he's a pretty arrogant person. He was part of Roseanne and Toy Story, I liked those as a whole and I liked Dr. Horrible because of NPH and Fillion. But he looks like he's done a fine job with Avengers.

Same here. I haven't been a fan of most of the work he's done in the past (except Toy Story, and The Avengers is starting to shape up quite nicely).

What would this continuity of Superman be called by the fandom? I know people sometimes call Donner's continuity the "Donnerverse", so I guess this could be called the "Snyderverse".

Nolanverse. ;)

To be honest Whedon jokes but it wouldn't shock me if WB's approached him about the possibility of doing a Justice League movie.

I have to disagree.

You can get a clear vision of Whedon's direction, counting way back when he was showrunning Buffy. He wanted the show to feel big and cinematic, even with the budget constraints. And you can notice his style (camera setups, lighting) running throughout Buffy all the way to The Avengers. But I won't say Whedon isn't infallible... Alien: Resurrection was an unmitigated disaster and Dollhouse didn't bowl me over.

But, back to Snyder and MOS...

TV resume =/= Film resume.

Thus far, you can't compare Whedon to someone like Nolan in the film world. Christopher has the longer and more accomplished resume.

• Nolan
  • The Following
  • Memento
  • Insomnia
  • The Prestige
  • Inception
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Man of Steel (producer)

• Whedon
  • Serenity
  • Cabin in the Woods (producer)
  • The Avengers

In "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" where they just threw out the comic or "Watchmen" where they did it frame for frame, neither of them worked.
Oh snap.

That Superman and all his Super-ness is awesome...

Speaking of which, how many people are actually positive about MoS?

I, myself, have high hopes for this film but it seems that the fellow legion of DC fans are not.

I have to disagree.

You can get a clear vision of Whedon's direction, counting way back when he was showrunning Buffy. He wanted the show to feel big and cinematic, even with the budget constraints. And you can notice his style (camera setups, lighting) running throughout Buffy all the way to The Avengers. But I won't say Whedon isn't infallible... Alien: Resurrection was an unmitigated disaster and Dollhouse didn't bowl me over.

But, back to Snyder and MOS...

But surely Whedon is no Snyder?

I, myself, have high hopes for this film but it seems that the fellow legion of DC fans are not.

I've liked everything I've seen thus far. MOS is one of my most anticipated films.

Considering the pleasure he seems to give his fans I'd call them "Whedonistics." :yay:

This, I've been seeing a rather lukewarm response to the film (most of it is based on spy photos, interviews, leaks, etc. and not on actual footage). There appears to be little to no faith in Snyder, Nolan or Goyer when it comes to Superman.

I personally, am looking forward to it, but not truly excited. I'm holding my hype for the actual trailer.

It's great to see some positive responses regarding the film. MoS has so much negativity attached to it. I personally believe MoS is gonna deliver.

I wonder though... how much of a preview we are gonna get in July.

"Never before seen MAN OF STEEL set images and video coming very soon to Nuke The Fridge .... Stay tuned" per NTF facebook page.

Then they probably aren't big fans in the first place.

I'm pretty sure when more pics or a teaser comes out, they will quickly switch bandwagons.

"Never before seen MAN OF STEEL set images and video coming very soon to Nuke The Fridge .... Stay tuned" per NTF facebook page.

Interesting; course didn't they promise to show HD quality pictures as well a few months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"