All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - Part 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has posted this, so I apologize if this has been repeated. However, I just read on Twitter that the embargo for official reviews will end Monday at 10 PM (Not sure the time zone). Not sure why it is not lifted earlier since the early viewings from last night are going to produce critiques and non-professional reviews regardless of embargoes. Might as well lift it, IMO.

It lifts 4AM on Monday over here, lol,.

It lifts 4AM on Monday over here, lol,.

Lol, there ya go. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not really one for professional reviews, though I do enjoy viewing metacritic and RT scores just to see what the consensus is on films.

Well, this is awkward

[YT]CmWdhbIB2hI[/YT]

Weak acting by Cavill. *ducks and hides*

You know what makes it strange I actually think its his facial expression, I didn't think it was necessarily bad though but not great.

But the reason it could seem kinda off is that there's alot of sexual chemistry between the two, you can see that they like each other.

Well, this is awkward

[YT]CmWdhbIB2hI[/YT]

Weak acting by Cavill. *ducks and hides*

Does anyone else think the way Amy delivers the 'here its an S ' line is different than in the trailer 3?

Does anyone else think the way Amy delivers the 'here its an S ' line is different than in the trailer 3?

Yes... The way she says: "What about Sup...?" is also different

Cavill's first two lines = weak. As are his scenes in the FOS that we've seen so far. He looks great in all other clips. But he's easily the worst actor of the main group so some mediocre spots are to be expected. Of course say this in a nest of a fanboys and you'll get jumped on. Whatever. Deal with it. ;)

Deal with it ? Its your opinion alone, very few believe the bs

Yeah. I prefer the trailer version, and I liked the close-up of Cavill after in the trailer they cut out too.

Yes... The way she says: "What about Sup...?" is also different

Yeah, I think the entire take is different. Even Cavill's "it's not an S" delivery is different. Facial expression is definitely different from the trailer. Camera angles on the shots of their faces appear to be different as well.

The way the scene is cut in the trailer makes everything seem to flow smoother. Even Amy's lines.

You know what makes it strange I actually think its his facial expression, I didn't think it was necessarily bad though but not great.

But the reason it could seem kinda off is that there's alot of sexual chemistry between the two, you can see that they like each other.

I think I've figured out why it sounds so off to me.

It's because of his delivery. The best way I can describe it is that it sounds alien.

He actually sounds alot like Jor-El and Zod in this clip and they (from what we heard) also sound very alien; inhuman.

Last edited:
The scene is much more natural in the new clip though as in the trailers it looked forced, here it doesn't look forced at all. Also when the buzz occurs both actors react to it in this clip rather than only Cavill reacting in the trailer

If the expectation is that he is confident as new Superman, then his acting is weak. If the expectation is that he is nervous as the new Superman, his acting is excellent

I didn't see a problem with the new clip personally, the only bit i thought was a bit off was Amy's 'well here its an S'.

I can't believe we're only 2 weeks away from this movie, I've hada bit of love/hate relationship with Superman so hopefully this movie will make me like the character all over again. :)

Ya know, its been 2 years since we first saw the suit and I still decide whether or not the MOS \S/ shield is the same size as the L&C one

lois-clark-the-new-adventures-of-superman-the-complete-second-season-20060707052833532-000.jpg

40824510152889384305354.jpg

Last edited:
http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com/201...man-man-of-steel.html?m=1&zx=2f05a5d2a64aeb87

The Overall:
I would rate this movie a 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was good, I enjoyed it. But when you stop and think about it, it just pissed me off. I can't get over the 'bad's' mainly because I expect two things: Originality and Staying true to the 'books'. Too much was like Independence Day for me to stay it was 'original' and the plot, while I did enjoy it, veered to far off the origins of the story.

Would I recommend it? Sure, it was one of the better movies I've seen as of late, would I rush out and buy it to keep, nope.

One of the stupidest reviews i have read. Hey lady! You cannot have originality and staying true to the books in the same movie its a freaking oxymoron!!

Plus another gem

I actually just read my first comic a couple months back with Cat Woman and Batman. I did enjoy it but comics just aren't for me.

How can you say stay original to the books when you havent read any or like them.

What
The Hell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"