All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - Part 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not onboard with serializing all of DC's properties into a longrunning shared universe films. At least not right now. I'm thinking MOS2 will be next on WB's sights for 2016. Then I hope they'll find themselves in a similar situation with TDK where they're like well we've got this high-caliber acting talent (Diane, Amy, Lawrence), and they're not getting any younger, we can protect the integrity of this brand and close the trilogy, to move on.

Then from there just recast Bats (Mark Wahlberg?) and Supes (Matt Bomer?), don't bother rehashing origins, just go straight into a full DC film universe maybe even spearheading it with Justice League, using the brand identity of Bats and Supes and all the newness to sell it to audiences. Plus have it be much more light and colorful like The Avengers.

If Henry proves to be a great superman, no need to recast.. you can do a trilogy.. then move on to the future where Lois does not exist anymore, or maybe not play any major roles anymore... like an older Lois/retired Lois... and henry will still be in his prime for another 15 years... i mean, he can still play supes for at least another 15 years...

Mark Wahlberg? I dunno... he just doesn't have the stature to be Batman.. I would rather someone much tallker, wider shoulders... and not so much of a round face..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"