All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolan you're seeing it today?!? I'm jealous! I'm seeing it at 7 on Thursday. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the film!

What's with all the analytics regarding online critics/reviews whatever you want to call them these days without having seen the film yet?

I base my views on my own opinions, and it's only after that fact, can I read or listen to someone else's view and choose whether I agree or disagree with them.

To base an opinion solely on somebody else's view is lazy armchair "social commentary" at it's finest. Take a step back and actually read what some of you are writing. It's nonsense. Utter nonsense that I'm sure no one would bring up in a normal conversation where you would be held accountable for your claims.

(this is probably coming a little late in the game, apologies to those that are maintain civil conversation).

A lot of people have said they are waiting to see the film before going up in arms about the reviews myself included. And the other half are blinded by pure fanboy rage (I am barely holding mine in check) as a wise man once said patience is the answer and in this case I believe that to be very true.

Well I just wish most critics will like it, most as in high 80s above. Just wishing.

Personal satisfaction is sweet but public vindication is sweeter.[blackout]And haters' tears are sweetest.[/blackout] In an ideal world...

Well I just wish most critics will like it, most as in high 80s above. Just wishing.

Personal satisfaction is sweet but public vindication is sweeter.[blackout]And haters' tears are sweetest.[/blackout] In an ideal world...

So far the haters don't have anything to shut them up. Especially with a 72% on RT.

Critic's choice is still 90. Good

but what's with the rotten scorea on positive reviews? Are they trolling us or something?

Nolan you're seeing it today?!? I'm jealous! I'm seeing it at 7 on Thursday. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the film!

Haha yup. I honestly cannot wait. I'm taking my girlfriend because today is our 9th month anniversary and she's super excited(she's a Marvel fangirl, btw) and I'll be taking my little bro and step-dad this Thursday night for the midnight release. To think, it was just almost 3 years ago when Snyder was announced and I'm finally seeing it today. Crazy how much time passes.

Anyways, I cannot wait to report back to you guys later on tonight! :woot::supes::super:

Come on guys all this talk about "haters" and review percentages and crap. Stop. Just stop, please.
Don't give in to it. Enjoy the experience and watch the movie and enjoy it. Or not. It's not worth getting wrapped in pointless online reviews or scores.

Shawshank Redemption was generally rubbished when it was released. Now it's considered a classic film of all time.

What's with all the analytics regarding online critics/reviews whatever you want to call them these days without having seen the film yet?

I base my views on my own opinions, and it's only after that fact, can I read or listen to someone else's view and choose whether I agree or disagree with them.

To base an opinion solely on somebody else's view is lazy armchair "social commentary" at it's finest. Take a step back and actually read what some of you are writing. It's nonsense. Utter nonsense that I'm sure no one would bring up in a normal conversation where you would be held accountable for your claims.

(this is probably coming a little late in the game, apologies to those that are maintain civil conversation).

Amen.

Some of the discussions people are having, it's like we're a month past the release and they are passionately defending their thoughts on the scenes that touched them.

My favorite thing to do with critics is to dig into their archives and see what they thought of films I feel strongly about. The absolute only "critic" that I can say almost always see's things as I do is Drew(Moriarty). Even then, not so much weight.

Congrats on the anniversary! I can't believe it's been three years either since Zack was announced! It seems like yesterday!

Come on guys all this talk about "haters" and review percentages and crap. Stop. Just stop, please.
Don't give in to it. Enjoy the experience and watch the movie and enjoy it. Or not. It's not worth getting wrapped in pointless online reviews or scores.

Shawshank Redemption was generally rubbished when it was released. Now it's considered a classic film of all time.

Which is why I really don't pay attention to RT all that much. If a movie I'm really looking forward to gets really good to great reviews, great, but I would still reserve judgement until I myself have seen the film and can form my opinion.

Haha yup. I honestly cannot wait. I'm taking my girlfriend because today is our 9th month anniversary and she's super excited(she's a Marvel fangirl, btw) and I'll be taking my little bro and step-dad this Thursday night for the midnight release. To think, it was just almost 3 years ago when Snyder was announced and I'm finally seeing it today. Crazy how much time passes.

Anyways, I cannot wait to report back to you guys later on tonight! :woot::supes::super:

looking forward to your impressionsa, have a great night!

BMfP4ixCYAAH2xc.jpg:large

Congrats on the anniversary! I can't believe it's been three years either since Zack was announced! It seems like yesterday!

Wow, is it really 3 years? That's so long ago. I still remember the announcement and the waiting for all the casting info. Fun times, with all speculation and discussions. It's been a long road, nearly at the end of it now!

Thanks and I know right. Crazy how fast time flies by(no pun intended).

looking forward to your impressionsa, have a great night!

Thanks and I cannot wait to give you guys my thoughts. :woot:

This movie is no shawshank redemption lol. People have to accept that not everybody likes movies about an alien who shoots laser beams out of his eyes and who's dad flys around on a dragonfly on an alien world, and who's last hour of his movie is non stop over the top city leveling action. And that's fair, to each their own. Theres a reason the transformers movies make tons of money without great reviews, although im sure this movie is much better than those. For us it's going to be amazing, be happy with that. And for the general public who want an entertaining movie it will be grea too and make a ton of money and get sequels. It's not going to make dark knight or avengers money yet, but it will make more than enough to make the fans happy as we will get our sequels which I think will only be better as they will learn from any mistakes or criticisms.

I'm more interested in how IMDb members will rate this film and where in the Top 250 it will debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"