All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tornado scene could've been better obviously but I still liked it. Cavill teenage acting in the scene was good.

Cavill really didn't have a lot of dialogue but he was so good. Then again, I don't remember ever caring for that Superman is a mute compliant regarding SR. Others cared but I didn't.

It's kind of sad to see that we have more people talking about the issues they had with the film than talking about how they liked it. Kind of says a lot about the film's quality imho.

Meh, t minus a few more hours before I can see the film where apparently more people are disappointed in than SR itself.

Which was my biggest problem with the movie. They both were aware, we all were aware that Clark is a hero. He accepted that role as a child, yet they put all these shackles on him keeping him from becoming that. I just didn't buy it.

They were afraid that the world would turn on him. As powerful a being as Clark is, he's their son; and they wanted to protect him. If you read through the lines, they also appeared to be somewhat concerned about the kind of effect he could have on the psychological and/or spiritual progression of humanity.

Why are you even seeing the movie herolee10? You have already made up your mind sight unseen that it's a crappy film. You should do what I did for SR and wait for the dollar theater then.

Herolee, I think you should ignore what anyone has said in here, or anywhere else, and just watch it. Just my opinion

It's too late, herolee has already convinced him or herself that they aren't going to like it because it has problems.

I can see the problems but I still like it, a lot actually!

It's kind of sad to see that we have more people talking about the issues they had with the film than talking about how they liked it. Kind of says a lot about the film's quality imho.

Meh, t minus a few more hours before I can see the film where apparently more people are disappointed in than SR itself.

Don't worry man, the movie was SOLID. No movie is perfect, and this movie is far from being terrible. I believe we're just discussing the flaws because we ALL were pretty much set with high expectations with the way the movie was marketed. But trust me, this is Superman like you've never seen him before in live action, and that, my friend, is a good thing.

It was the best CBM to date for me. I loved everything I about it. I just need to see it again to get a better grasp on things.

Why are you even seeing the movie herolee10? You have already made up your mind sight unseen that it's a crappy film. You should do what I did for SR and wait for the dollar theater then.

Sadly our dollar theater here closed many years ago, so we have none.

I’m only going because I might as well after 3 years of having waited for the film, and I think the action will at least amuse me, maybe not so much on the story or other stuff.

Herolee, I think you should ignore what anyone has said in here, or anywhere else, and just watch it. Just my opinion

If I had to be frank, I think it was the reception of this film that I was looking most towards to when I think about it in the overall long run of things and seeing as how this film is both praised and trashed as much by everyone here, that’s something gone for me apparently.

Frankly, I’m already beginning to wonder if Superman is still relevant or whether anyone will ever be able to do the character justice. I can’t even say I’m a fan of the character now because of the sheer disappointment from seeing all of this coupled with the fact that we’ve not had a great superman film since Superman 2 still. From my opinion, Superman will never be able to reclaim the top spot ever again until proven otherwise. The only thing that this film has seemingly done is showing what people can do with the characters powers with modern day technology.

As soon as the film started -- the way the birth was filmed -- I knew we were in for something special.

I want to see it again, and I want to see a sequel. I really enjoyed it. But being honest, I don't feel pumped up with excitement or anything, more, "what the heck was all that about". It just felt like a load of chaos rushing by at the end.

It was like 30 mins of the Asgard parts of Thor, an hour of Batman Begins, then an hour of Independence Day or Armageddeon.

Have you seen this interview on Fox Business?

She's an Rotten Tomatoes reviewer who's pretty shocked by Rotten Tomatoes ratings of 58% when she believes it deserves much more. She says that it's not a perfect but a good movie which can easily reach 100 million dollars for its first weekend.

Will 'Man of Steel' soar above the competition

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2479...box-office-preview/?playlist_id=2418215023001

Well lady, this is what happens for making it rotten after giving in 3/5, B- ratings and counting rotten reviews twice! :argh:

I like hopeful but why is everyone concerned about her because she didn't like a movie? Were you guys concerned for me when I thought TDKR was only okay? If I can get over The Matrix Reloaded, she can get over this.

A 100+ mil opening says he's very relevent.
For real. its gonna possiblily double what SR made. I'm sorry that some of our members here dont like it, but the public ( apparently ) does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"