All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - Part 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Zod resolution those saying Superman shouldn't have been put into tha situation. Well this was a grounded comic book movie so end of the day its fair to assume in Superman's line of work that this situation would occur at least once. So I don't see a problem that they put him in tha situation at all, regardless of how I feel about the outcome.

I loved it because it made sense and he is eventually going to be put in one of these situations.

No because he didnt kill him
There exists a cut overseas where the three kryptonian criminals And Luthor were turned over to the police .

Is there really?

The theatrical version and oure TV version have Superman only turning over Lex and Otis to the police!

The Kryptonians are never seen again! That is why they are presumed dead....here.

I'd have to go by the theatrical version tho. The overseas version seems to be a "softened" version for some reason.

U dont understand father. Spend more time with him.

:huh:

Is there really?

The theatrical version and oure TV version have Superman only turning over Lex and Otis to the police!

The Kryptonians are never seen again! That is why they are presumed dead....here.

I'd have to go by the theatrical version tho. The overseas version seems to be a "softened" version for some reason.

You can see them being taken away around 0:11...

[YT]mA5d66AnT7s[/YT]

Again that scene was cut. So if it's not in the final film, it didn't happen.

What if they shot an extra scene of Zod blinking his eyes for this film but cut it. It doesn't mean he's alive all of a sudden.

Well, I have never seen that version,
but I never got the feeling that he killed them.
I just figured it was a very hard landing ,LOL.

Well they are never seen or heard from again...in the theatrical version , so they leave it as if they are "gone".

Next thing you overseas guys will tell me is that Boba Fett didn't die in the stomach of Sarnac and that he crawls out somehow too!

And everyone that saw them thrown into the pit knew that there was an overseas cut where it ended differently going in?
No , but I dont think I am the only one who thought they got banged up.
Do you really believe they ended Superman II with Los Lane Committing MURDER?

Well they are never seen or heard from again...in the theatrical version , so they leave it as if they are "gone".

Next thing you overseas guys will tell me is that Boba Fett didn't die in the stomach of Sarnac and that he crawls out somehow too!
Do you think Lois Lane Killed Ursa and cracked a joke while doing it ?

No because he didnt kill him
There exists a cut overseas where the three kryptonian criminals And Luthor were turned over to the police .

A cut overseas. As it stands, in the US version...he killed them. Why does it matter what some other cut of the film has? In the common US version he kills them. Them surviving is not in the finished film.

Do you really believe they ended Superman II with Los Lane Committing MURDER?

Yeah. Because they did. You knock a villain down a gigantic hole and never show them again? Even after 3 sequels? They're dead.

I was just thinking on all the aliens in Avengers that wished they were mourned as Zod is being. They're thinking to themselves, "was I so bad?"

:huh:

You can see them being taken away around 0:11...

[YT]mA5d66AnT7s[/YT]

Wow! What a rip, Thanks!

We never saw that here in the US.

In the original theatrical version, Superman leaves them all in the arctic, flies Lois home, then somehow grabs Lex and Otis and flies them into the jail, replaces the flag on the US capital and smiles for the camera.

The Kryptonians are presumed dead.

Last edited:
I was just thinking on all the aliens in Avengers that wished they were mourned as Zod is being. They're thinking to themselves, "was I so bad?"
Zod isn't being mourned. Supe's is just held to the highest of all standards.

Wow! What a rip, Thanks!

In the original theatrical version, Superman leaves them all in the artic, flys Lois home, then somehow grabs Lex and Otis and flyes them into the jail, replaces the flag on the US capital and smiles for the camera.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they show different versions to different audiences. Maybe it's a rights issue or something.

Supposedly, they had 3 hours worth of footage for MOS. Don't know what they'll do with it.

A cut overseas. As it stands, in the US version...he killed them. Why does it matter what some other cut of the film has? In the common US version he kills them. Them surviving is not in the finished film.

In the original Donner version, Superman never kills them. The Richard Donner Cut has always been the true version of the film that Donner intended. Donner was taken off the project and replaced in the middle of the production.

Lol. Because they look ugly. It's alright. Lol

Wow! What a rip, Thanks!

In the original theatrical version, Superman leaves them all in the arctic, flies Lois home, then somehow grabs Lex and Otis and flies them into the jail, replaces the flag on the US capital and smiles for the camera.

It's on the DVDs released in the United States.

Hey, in the overseas version of Return of the Jedi, Does the Emperor survive the fall down the reactor shaft and get taken out of the bottom of the reactor by the Jedi police and brought to justice to teach him the error of his ways?

Jeech, how many versions do they make.? Talks about fickle, or wishy washy or waffling...

But I do like waffles....

It's on the DVDs released in the United States.

Superman 2 just aired a few days ago , again, . That scene was not in there.

Are their multiple versions ala Lucas?

But I personally don't think it counts since it was not in the original version.

Just like Ewoks don't blink!

And Han shot first!

Last edited:

There are 2 versions: The theatrical and the Donner cut which is how the movie would have been had it not been for Donner being kicked off the project.

The original Richard Lester cut and The Richard Donner Cut(imo, the superior version). That scene was a deleted scene in the 'Murican DVD release.

It's superbly ironic how people are taking Superman's moral code or standard of ethics and applying it to characters everywhere. Good job.

Whilst we're at it let's compare Superman to Rambo as well since it's all the same.

Way to prove a point and not get lost on the way.

Look for SUPERMAN II: THE DONNER CUT.

This is where they tried to follow the original script that Donner filmed. The theatrical version was removed from his directorship (after he had filmed about 90% of it) and the new director removed some scenes and added others. The Donner cut puts it back to the original script as much as possible. The scene showing Zod, Non, and Ursa walking to the police car was not put back into the Donner cut for some reason, but you can see it on the extra deleted scenes (there are several more) on the DVD. Some faneditors have put them back into the movie so you can watch it that way if you find it.

It's superbly ironic how people are taking Superman's moral code or standard of ethics and applying it to characters everywhere. Good job.

Whilst we're at it let's compare Superman to Rambo as well since it's all the same.

Way to prove a point and not get lost on the way.

I'm sure you weren't referring to my (obvious)joke, but on the issue, there is a difference between comparing Comparing Superman to John Rambo(especially in part four) and comparing him to his peers(and I'm not even talking about wolverine here, not even talking about Cap, rather batman himself). I personally think they won over my approval with his reaction after the fact.

let's not get into strawman territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"