All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - Part 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't a council almost always depicted as idiotic? It's the ultimate movie cliché. Paging Master Windu...paging Master Windu...

So, listening to the Empire podcast with Snyder. The script had Superman banishing Zod to the Phantom Zone yet Snyder was adamant that Superman should kill him. Now you all know who to blame! :D

Jokes aside, at what time does he talk about his decision?

No they just cite superman's regret after killing someone he had to, as reason why this film can't do....the exact same thing.

Their argument was that Superman's power didn't give him the authority to decide who lives or dies and he gives them up once he broke he rule. But, with MOS, his power did give him the authority to do it.

Well I think they had bigger fish to fry with punishing the people trying to take over the world.

Agreed. I think the attempted coup d'état and seismic anomalies were probably keeping the natural child birth on the back burner, if it had been discovered at all.

Well Jor-El almost spilled the beans about a child to them. Zod tells Lara "you think your soon is safe, I will find him!" (he says it three times) with the council preset. I think Zod was right when he could the council members 'idiots'. ;)

Council members are probably thinking "lol this guy is fried" when he spams "I WILL FIND HIM"...or they think he's referring to their House of El clones since Zod didn't specifically say what kind the child was.

I have a feeling that if Jor-El exposed himself as being the progenitor of Krypton's first natural born child in centuries, that the Ruling Council wouldn't punish him (mostly due to the prequel comic's exploration of Ruling Council as corrupt). I wish that was explored, since that would've made Zod's hate against the Ruling Council and his conflict with Jor-El that much stronger

Nah, Goyer revealed on the podcast that Nolan was against Superman killing Zod at first. But looks like Snyder convinced him otherwise. :woot:

Someone successfully convinced Nolan?
owl_wtf_gif.gif

Snyder needs to stop messing with the scripts and any and all story elements. I was expecting him to be on a tighter leash. I'm kind of worried about MOS2. I doubt they will focus more on character development but probably just try to up the spectacle even more and in the process turn Superman into a Transformers-like money making series. I pray to Zod that I am wrong. :D

Did anyone else get this ad with their screening - [YT]WPkByAkAdZs[/YT]

Thanks guys for trying to answer.

Another question: Where did the council think the codex went? The security recognized Jor-El and tried to blast him. Surely that was reported to the council.

Snyder needs to stop messing with the scripts and any and all story elements. I was expecting him to be on a tighter leash. I'm kind of worried about MOS2. I doubt they will focus more on character development but probably just try to up the spectacle even more and in the process turn Superman into a Transformers-like money making series. I pray to Zod that I am wrong. :D
I'm personally glad he convinced him of the change, but maybe that's just me ;)

WB is apparently speeding the production of MoS2. Do we really want to know what a Snyder/Goyer film looks like rushed?

at least they didnt have superman throw zod into a random pit and say nothing about it(looking at you superman II)

Nah, Goyer revealed on the podcast that Nolan was against Superman killing Zod at first. But looks like Snyder convinced him otherwise. :woot:

Dammit, sounds like this would have been a better movie if Nolan had more script control. LOL

WB is apparently speeding the production of MoS2. Do we really want to know what a Snyder/Goyer film looks like rushed?

depends on when Goyer wrote MoS2...which could be last week or when he turned in MOS.
However the thing to understand is these guys know how fast or slow a movie can be put together...and if Nolan is ok with them fast tracking it then who knows whats been going on behind the scenes.
I think we'll get a clarification on the schedule at Comic con.

depends on when Goyer wrote MoS2...which could be last week or when he turned in MOS.
However the thing to understand is these guys know how fast or slow a movie can be put together...and if Nolan is ok with them fast tracking it then who knows whats been going on behind the scenes.

Let's just hope he didn't start writing the sequel this morning and he ended around lunchtime. It's scary to contemplate. :oldrazz:

Thanks guys for trying to answer.

Another question: Where did the council think the codex went? The security recognized Jor-El and tried to blast him. Surely that was reported to the council.
I've only seen it once, and might not remember it clearly enough, but right now I'm going with that the Council know the truth of what Jor-El did, know the planet is going to self-destruct, and there's nothing to be gained by punishing Lara. Zod is a threat to the people here today (the killing), but the codex being gone or the child being born doesn't cause harm to the people on the planet now. Might add a layer "we don't want to reveal to the population that the codex is gone, so we can't prosecute anyone for it."

Let's just hope he didn't start writing the sequel this morning and he ended around lunchtime. It's scary to contemplate. :oldrazz:

to be honest it depends on his speed...some screenwriters are fast and some are slow. I've heard of movies being written and rewritten over a weekend. I read somewhere that Goyer and Snyder talked about sequel ideas while filming this movie...stands to reason the sequel may have been written some time ago.

I got the impression from his recent interview that he had yet to come up with much for the sequel. Could be wrong.

The whole "In Nolan We Trust" thing could make a come back on SHH. Lol

I got the impression from his recent interview that he had yet to come up with much for the sequel. Could be wrong.

probably but I don't see WB fast tracking a movie without an idea of what that movie is gonna be.

so did Faora and the other Kryptonians get sent back to the Phantom Zone, or just into a generic black hole thing??

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to this podcast? Thanks :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"