All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops, sorry for spoiling it......lol

oops, sorry for spoiling it......lol

Ohh don't worry I don't mind, I spoiled alot if stuff for myself before I saw the film so spoilers in the book don't bother me :woot:

I think Russ wants us to tweet Legendary.
"A lot of you are asking about a KRYPTON prequel, if that's something you feel strongly about let @Legendary pictures know your thoughts."

If they have enough money to film it, it should be in the Man of Steel:SuperCut edition. If not, a voiced-over motion comic would be a cool DVD bonus.

If push comes to shove, another prequel comic-book can come with the 2-disc DVD or something ;)

Wow...

I'm not sure what to think of this?

So he's saying he'd be up for it, we don't need to see a prequel leading up to the last scene on Krypton in the film but something that's set before the birth of Kal El would rock. They could do a film based on Jax Ur destroying one if Krypton's moons or something.

The thing is after Man of Steel I think people would go see a Krypton prequel

I can't recall a similar scenario where a supporting cast member of a blockbuster has tried to garner support for a spin-off or prequel for their character before?

Granted i did enjoy the krypton scenes.

Ohh don't worry I don't mind, I spoiled alot if stuff for myself before I saw the film so spoilers in the book don't bother me :woot:

lol.....me too.

I spoiled a lot of stuff before seeing the movie, too.

I wonder if a Krypton prequel would've helped...I mean you could end the movie with Kal-El being sent to Earth.

And then voila, sequel begins with Martha and Jon opening the rocket and finding a baby...all the way to Superman making himself known on Earth.

Damn...the potential.

I actually enjoyed the krypton scenes more than 2/3rds of avatar tbh.

I wonder if a Krypton prequel would've helped...I mean you could end the movie with Kal-El being sent to Earth.

And then voila, sequel begins with Martha and Jon opening the rocket and finding a baby...all the way to Superman making himself known on Earth.

Damn...the potential.
This reminds me of the idea to do a Superman film franchise like the Godfather trilogy. I liked the idea a lot actually.

Damn...the potential.

I don't think you could have sold it before the film though. I'd rather a prequel be set before the birth of Kal El cause they're not just gonna stick the opening if this film on the end if another.

You can't make a Superman movie without Superman. It is pointless imo.

Some people were upset that Clark didn't arrive at the Daily Planet till the end of MOS. Imagine having a film where he doesn't appear at all.

I actually enjoyed the krypton scenes more than 2/3rds of avatar tbh.

Krypton was awesome. I enjoyed MUCH more than Avatar as a whole. This was the first time I actually wanted to stay on Krypton longer than they gave us.

You can't make a Superman movie without Superman. It is pointless imo.

Well technically it wouldn't be a Superman film. I think before this film you'd have trouble marketing the S without it involving Superman but now I think you could do it.

I think the point of doing it is to make a good entertaining film.

How about an animated film along with other animated shorts that shows the Man of Steel's adventures between MOS and MOS2? :hmm

It shall be called, "Metropolis Steels". :awesome:

This reminds me of the idea to do a Superman film franchise like the Godfather trilogy. I liked the idea a lot actually.

The Zodfather: Heresy

With some Jor-El-Zod bromance and liberal shots of Faora kicking interplanetary ass.

Well technically it wouldn't be a Superman film. I think before this film you'd have trouble marketing the S without it involving Superman but now I think you could do it.

I think the point of doing it is to make a good entertaining film.
It is about Krypton, it is about Jor-El and Lara, it is about Superman. Lets not get technical about something that isn't technical. And you don't make that without the guy who can fly.

It is about Krypton, it is about Jor-El and Lara, it is about Superman. Lets not get technical about something that isn't technical. And you don't make that without the guy who can fly.

You totally can it's just not very likely. I'm not sure why you're making it seem like there is some law that would be broken?

Plus Goyer had some brilliant ideas when he wrote the Krypton sequences. Those ideas alone could EASILY make for a standalone movie, your key conflict can even be Jor-El and Zod (which would make the Superman vs. Zod battle that much more symbolic). Though I wish it were more in-depth...Especially for these following reasons:

1) Eugenics - especially since the last natural birth was a 1000 years ago...so what happened that caused the paradigm shift?

2) Zod's motivation for the coup d'etat against the Krypton Ruling Council - We're left to assume that Jor-El and Zod were friends and likely shared the same idealistic values, but what did the Ruling Council do wrong for Zod to set up a coup? And why is Jor-El in conflict against Zod? I was personally hoping for the theme of corruption to be explored as part of the reason why Zod believes the Ruling Council needs to be disbanded.

3) Codex - Why did Jor-El leave Old Krypton in the hands of Kal-El if he wanted Krypton to aspire to a greater goal? Why did he feel that Krypton lost the essence of chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"