BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it's just the slum areas of Gotham that Detroit is getting used for. They don't even need to build sets. It's all ready for them.

H3YDwrI.jpg

@LEVITIKUZ

I can bet that this movie will be called Batman vs Superman though I would just prefer DC's World's Finest

I know that it's their first time meeting, not nessesarly a team up and more of a conflict but The Avengers was a conflict for alot of it and it wasn't called Iron Man vs Thor vs Hulk vs Captain America.

I wonder if it's just the slum areas of Gotham that Detroit is getting used for. They don't even need to build sets. It's all ready for them.

H3YDwrI.jpg

wow that does look depressing

@LEVITIKUZ

I can bet that this movie will be called Batman vs Superman though I would just prefer DC's World's Finest

I know that it's their first time meeting, not nessesarly a team up and more of a conflict but The Avengers was a conflict for alot of it and it wasn't called Iron Man vs Thor vs Hulk vs Captain America.

Because Avengers is the name of the team.
When Batman and Superman team up they are not known by the name World's Finest. It's the name of the comic book.

Because Avengers is the name of the team.
When Batman and Superman team up they are not known by the name World's Finest. It's the name of the comic book.

It really should be called World's Finest because that's what batman and Superman are... two of the finest men this world will see. Similar to how the NYPD are referred to as "New York's finest", World's Finest is a perfect title that aptly describes the two core characters.

While I won't claim to know what the film will be called, I do believe that Batman vs Superman is simply a working title, if that. It's a simple way for the filmmakers to refer to this as-yet-untitled film when describing it.

It really should be called World's Finest because that's what batman and Superman are... two of the finest men this world will see. Similar to how the NYPD are referred to as "New York's finest", World's Finest is a perfect title that aptly describes the two core characters.

While I won't claim to know what the film will be called, I do believe that Batman vs Superman is simply a working title, if that. It's a simple way for the filmmakers to refer to this as-yet-untitled film when describing it.

I'll put it like this:
As a comic book fan I can see what people want it to be called World's Finest.
As a filmmaker I can see why they are reluctant to use World's Finest.

H3YDwrI.jpg

I think most of the reasons from chosing detroit are for filming those parts. But I hope they shoot the beautiful parts of Detroit

Last edited:
I'll put it like this:
As a comic book fan I can see what people want it to be called World's Finest.
As a filmmaker I can see why they are reluctant to use World's Finest.

Not sure I get where you're coming from.

If MOS had been titled "Superman", then Superman vs. Batman makes sense for a follow up film. But since WB/DC followed in the footsteps of TDK by titling the film Man of Steel (which along with The Dark Knight are words that have long been used to describe the characters), World's Finest is a fitting title.

It's also a more fitting title for a film that has the potential to be a classic, compared to BvS which sounds more like a stunt or event title.

Not sure I get where you're coming from.

If MOS had been titled "Superman", then Superman vs. Batman makes sense for a follow up film. But since WB/DC followed in the footsteps of TDK by titling the film Man of Steel (which along with The Dark Knight are words that have long been used to describe the characters), World's Finest is a fitting title.

It's also a more fitting title for a film that has the potential to be a classic, compared to BvS which sounds more like a stunt or event title.

You want the title of your movie to excite people and generate a mental picture. As comic book fans we see World's Finest we picture Batman and Superman together. From the GA standpoint when they hear World's Finest they don't immediately think of Batman and Superman…they could be thinking of chocolate or coffee or any of the various companies that market products under the title World's Finest.
So if I was to go up to any random non-comic reading person in the street and said:
"Warner Bros. is making a World's Finest Movie"
or
"Warner Bros. is making a Batman vs Superman movie"
Which would get people's attention more?

Last edited:
Titles, titles:

Man of Steel 2: TDK over Metropolis
Man of Steel 2: World's Finest
Man of Steel: Superman/Batman
Superman/Batman: World's Finest
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Man of Steel 2: Public Enemies

Last edited:
Plenty of films have been shot in detriot, the city can be made to look great or bad. Plus with the compositing approach used in Begins, anything is possible.

The island was shot in Detriot, TF4 as well.
I personally hope the place is shot to look like a horrible slum, I remember having just read batman year one I went into begins ready for a the broken city to look like Robocop...instead, it was less show and more tell from nolan at the time.

I really don't want a colon in the title. Beyond cheesy. That's one thing I hope DC stays away from for as long as possible.

If we get a main poster that isn't just their symbols on top of one another, than WB failed.

You don't need some crappy photoshop of the heroes standing next to each other in a crammed space (ala Avengers, MOS, F&F...).

Let's go back to the greatness of the '89 one-sheet.

World's Finest is a silly name. I don't see the general public warming up to that. Even if you had a very public campaign informing people why it has such an odd name.

Plenty of films have been shot in detriot, the city can be made to look great or bad. Plus with the compositing approach used in Begins, anything is possible.

The island was shot in Detriot, TF4 as well.
I personally hope the place is shot to look like a horrible slum, I remember having just read batman year one I went into begins ready for a the broken city to look like Robocop...instead, it was less show and more tell from nolan at the time.

Agreed. I'd like to see a Gotham that is so corrupt it needs a guy in a bat suit to clean it up.

Agreed. I'd like to see a Gotham that is so corrupt it needs a guy in a bat suit to clean it up.
Seconded. But Gotham need to have a beautiful part cause you know rich people.... :word:

Batman/Superman: World's Finest or Superman/Batman: World's Finest feel like better titles to me. But, if it is called Batman vs Superman it is what it is. Butts are going to be in the seats in BIG numbers that's for sure no matter what it's called.

World's Finest is a silly name. I don't see the general public warming up to that. Even if you had a very public campaign informing people why it has such an odd name.

It's so nondescript that it could be talking about anything.
worlds-finest-chocolate.jpg

Batman/Superman: World's Finest or Superman/Batman: World's Finest feel like better titles to me. But, if it is called Batman vs Superman it is what it is. Butts are going to be in the seats in BIG numbers that's for sure no matter what it's called.

IMO Batman vs Superman is a better title and I know people hate vs titles. It conjures up a lot of images and questions…something a good title does…
"Batman and Superman are in the same movie…and they are fighting??? Why? I have to see this??"

I hope this movie has a title sequence similar to The Watchmen. Showing things like Krypton exploding, young Bruce kneeling in front of his dead parents, young Clark lifting something heavy and amazing Martha, Bruce training, Clark meeting Jor-El, a back-shot of Bruce as he stares at the Batsuit, etc.

H3YDwrI.jpg

The way that I think about it, Detroit has a more fitting Skyline for Gotham, which is why I prefer it over Chicago's "Metropolis-esque" skyline. All cities have their rough slums and nice burbs, but I like Detroit's ratio for Gotham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"