BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "guy" is clearly lying. Why would WB hype Batman and Superman being in the same movie if Batman is in it for only an hour? That's like having Samuel L. Jackson billed next to RDJ on the ads and posters for the original Iron Man movie despite him being in that ONE SCENE!

Off topic but how strong and how 'invulnerable' do you think Superman is in MOS?

We saw that he was straining and using a lot of effort to lift the oil rig crane/ structure and at the same time missiles and high calibre 30MM bullets from the A10's seemed to give the Kryptonians a pounding (Probably equivalent to a punch).

Then again Jor El told Superman to keep exploring his limits. So does that mean he doesn't have an upper barrier and could conceivably keep getting stronger or was Jor El just sprouting some Mr. Miyagi advice.

The oil rig scene has him easily holding the crane. The problem was the steel bar below Clark gave in due to the immense weight of the crane and Clark. If he known that he could fly or at least power-jump, chances are he wouldn't even come close to straining.

It terms of strength, it took Faora and Nam-Ek (essentially his equals) to knock him out temporarily. WIth that I can conclude that this Superman is pretty damn powerful (more so than SR Superman, and unsure about Christopher Reeve Superman as it's been an extremely long time since I last watched SI and II).

Superman's biological mom rocking the Clark Kent disguise

tumblr_mgdbg7PKXI1qep0l9o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m8gzaagqH61qhe9xv.png

about as dead a ringer for fleischer's lois lane as it gets all things considered.

That "guy" is clearly lying. Why would WB hype Batman and Superman being in the same movie if Batman is in it for only an hour? That's like having Samuel L. Jackson billed next to RDJ on the ads and posters for the original Iron Man movie despite him being in that ONE SCENE!

Gotta consider Shared Screentime...thats half the movie

The oil rig scene has him easily holding the crane. The problem was the steel bar below Clark gave in due to the immense weight of the crane and Clark. If he known that he could fly or at least power-jump, chances are he wouldn't even come close to straining.

It terms of strength, it took Faora and Nam-Ek (essentially his equals) to knock him out temporarily. WIth that I can conclude that this Superman is pretty damn powerful (more so than SR Superman, and unsure about Christopher Reeve Superman as it's been an extremely long time since I last watched SI and II).

i don't know about more powerful then sr superman, he lifted an island of kryptonite into space. :hehe:

seriously though, he's ridiculously powerful, and he hasn't even began to scratch the surface. as jor said, he has to keep testing his limits.

Guys we gott consider we arent telling as backstory for Batman and all that....Simple he needs to go to Metropolis for whatever reason. The rest of the movie deals with Clark/Superman. An hour sounds about right

Not saying he is right but its plausible

they meet as bruce and clark and later on as supes and bat and in the end they fight the common threat.
hollywood here i come :woot:

Off topic but how strong and how 'invulnerable' do you think Superman is in MOS?

We saw that he was straining and using a lot of effort to lift the oil rig crane/ structure and at the same time missiles and high calibre 30MM bullets from the A10's seemed to give the Kryptonians a pounding (Probably equivalent to a punch).

Then again Jor El told Superman to keep exploring his limits. So does that mean he doesn't have an upper barrier and could conceivably keep getting stronger or was Jor El just sprouting some Mr. Miyagi advice.

Well, in some of the comics it's said he gets stronger as he gets older, due to absorbing the suns energy for a longer time. I'm thinking Kingdom Come, when Luthor mentions that he's now invulnerable to Kryptonite.

I don't think that's what they were going for in the movie, but it could become that with sequels.

ЯɘvlveR;27242409 said:
i don't know about more powerful then sr superman, he lifted an island of kryptonite into space. :hehe:

seriously though, he's ridiculously powerful, and he hasn't even began to scratch the surface. as jor said, he has to keep testing his limits.

I won't lie, I take that as complete BS because of how contradictory the internal logic of the film was in terms of Kryptonite's effectiveness.

I like the origins suit idea and that it's titled batman vs superman the rest sounds fishy to me (yeah they are gonna make a Bane movie). We will see

I won't lie, I take that as complete BS because of how contradictory the internal logic of the film was in terms of Kryptonite's effectiveness.
just one of several things wrong with that movie. 76 on rt though :o

we wont get any news so soon...everything will be made up :shock

ЯɘvlveR;27242475 said:
just one of several things wrong with that movie. 76 on rt though :o

Indeed. And every time I see that score...

RRnhhqW.gif

I'll take it with a freighterload of salt because I don't believe it'll be a straight up MoS sequel.

Eh, you never know.

If DC, in any way, is trying to give the Marvel Movie formula a try, they could be going the Iron Man way.

Introducing/expanding on Black Widow/Nick Fury/SHIELD in Iron Man 2 after setting up the first hero of your new shared Universe in a solo movie(Iron Man and Superman respectively).

Of course, Batman would get considerably more screen time in the sequel to Man of Steel than Black Widow/Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, so an hour if not more might not be far off.

Batman making himself(and, hopefully, Kryptonite) known to Superman and then keeping to himself in Gotham until a threat that requires both of them arises.

So it's a possibility that this is still basically a Superman movie(with of course the World's Finest flavor) while Batman will obviously be getting his own movie(s) soon after.

Last edited:
tyler perry presents: madea's world's finest.

there's your title.
Starring Tyler Perry's Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Amy Adams with special appearance by Kim Kardashian as Wonder Woman. :wow:

It made sense to me. He soaked up a bunch of sun light and pushed himself to his limits that it almost killed him.

Exactly. It made perfect sense. He knew he was likely going to die, but he charged up beforehand.

Also, people who whine about him lifting an entire continent of Kryptonite conveniently forget that the whole thing was, in fact, not made of Kryptonite, and that it wasn't until he got the thing almost into space that some of the kryptonite was able to get near him as the continent continued to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"