All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

All my non comic book friends hate Marvel movies and love MOS and TDKT for this reason. We're all adults, we have no interest in seeing movies aimed at ten year olds. TDKT and MOS just feel like more "adult" movies. But at the same time, kids can appreciate them. I think Marvel is underestimating their audience. Kids are going to see their movies regardless of whether there are dumb kid-aimed jokes or not.

2. smallville fan

Not really, they planned Batman to show up in MOS 2 long before MOS had its first review, so it wouldn't feel imposed at all.

Wow, what an ignorant little prick. He should really get his facts checked out. Superman's hardly "happy-go-lucky" in the modern era, not since the 70s-80s especially with the new 52 taking him back to his Golden Age personality as well as that he should check out "Death & Return of Superman" or "Kingdom Come". Honestly, why is it that there's some consensus belief that Superman's personality is akin to Captain Marvel's/Shazam's?

I'd like to give him a piece of my mind, can I have an email please?

3. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

Did that Drew whatever just confuse Snyder with Ratner? How many reboots has Snyder been a part of?

4. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

I agree with everything. Again.:oldrazz:

It always gets my goat when people complain about DC movies not being kid-friendly. There's nothing wrong with having some more adult CBMs. Older kids can still watch DC anyways.

5. smallville fan

Yep, this is Snyder's first.:csad:

6. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

I agree! To me the humor is more natural while Marvel does have the odd funny, but it's overdone where i feel it's too childish or unnatural.

Why cant there be CBM's for adults?? There's enough of them to go around for decades to come, for the kids. Some Marvel movies have a good balance for all ages and im sure that's what we'll get from the Batfleck era. Even Burton's had that balance but Shumacher was all about the kids. Nolan's movies were definitely made for adults and the humor reflects that.

Same here. Or the friends that enjoy comics but aren't so obsessed with reading them that they'd rather watch movies of them instead. I find they cant take how corny the old Supeman movies are or the current Marvel flicks but they enjoy TDKT and sometimes even MOS.

:woot: ohhhhh please do!

7. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

Almost all of that article was made up. It must have missed their fact-checker.

8. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

that list is oxymoronic.

9. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Well that's a nonbiased, informed opinion...

Which is all well and good. ASSUMING this is what will happen, though...that is what many are doing...and that I take issue with.

It's nice to want things.

10. The Guard

See, I don't. Because that's just such one-sided thinking. Instead of going, "Wow, my favorite character/Superman is going to have THE coolest superhero movie EVER" and being proud of that fact, people are whining about it.

11. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Right. I guarantee Snyder doesn't, nor should he. GQ is basically a fashion magazine for men.

12. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Exactly. There's an awful lot of assumption based on nothing but rumor and guesswork. About the only "guest star" we know for a fact will be in the movie is Affleck as Batman. End of story.

13. InJustice

InJustice Well-Known Member

I wonder if he gave Nolan the same **** for making his Batman movies gritty. If he praises him for that...he just opened up a can of worms.

14. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Some people are just sick of every franchise doing what Nolan did, so they pick on Man Of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man, James Bond, etc.

15. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Unlike with batman, both MOS and ASM faced following up to beloved installments to a degree. Goes some way to explaining why both got similar "tired of nolan" detraction.

If only like batman, they had followed stuff that wasn't "amazing balls."

16. NoLaNitE007

NoLaNitE007 Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Holy crap.

Probably one of the stupidest and least influential OPINION pieces I have heard in 2013. The guy who wrote that sounds like a *****e.

Go figure! :doh:

17. DA_Champion

DA_Champion Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Nolan, but I'm not impressed by other people trying (re: failing) to be Nolan.

Star Trek into Darkness is a good example of a failed Nolan imitation.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  18. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Well-Known Member

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I happen to be well versed in the comics, so that is going to influence what I like in CBMs. I don't begrudge anyone who wants the pairing.... I just think all of y'all suck! :word:

19. The Guard

But the comics support them having a relationship...even older comics have toyed with the idea.

20. charl_huntress

I know this Guard, but Supes and Wondy are too boring as an item. There was a reason they have not been paired for the 50-some-odd years they have both been in existence.

21. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

I'm sure there are people trying to imitate Nolan, but sometimes I think people are too quick to accuse everyone of that. Nolan didn't invent the concept of serious or "gritty" movies and they shouldn't be off limits to others just because of his style.

22. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

Superman and Wonder Woman are more like brother and sister, in my eyes. Bruce and Diana is a much sexier relationship.

23. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Quick. Someone manip up a pic of the rednecks from The Simpsons as Superman and Wonder Woman. :oldrazz:

24. charl_huntress

This man or woman right here is speaking serious truth!

25. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

In all seriousness though, I too prefer the Diana & Bruce pairing. I was really disappointed with the issue that decided to put a stop to it as far as the comics go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.