BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused at the continued argument over superman killing zod....one argument is that people don't like johnathan kent saying young Clark should've maybe let those people die and on the other hand, when Clark chooses to kill in order to save people, everyone loses their minds!

When it comes down to it, police make that terrible decision everyday to shoot an armed criminal who won't lower their weapon and is threatening the lives of others. Now, the argument could be made that superman should be above humans but how would people react if he let zod do it? He'd be called a softy or that he didn't care. It's a realistic decision. Superman made it and onviously felt remorse so he's not a monster.

It's touchy subject for some as the idea of him killing someone lowers him in some way. For them the point is he's Superman, so he shouldn't have to kill. That may be an outmoded way of thinking for most, but it is what it is.

I agree. It irks me when people say Superman is a cold blooded murderer in this movie. And I've heard people say that. It's like they didn't even watch the movie. I feel the same when people say Superman destroyed Smallville. If they even watched the movie, they would see that the military and the other Kryptonians did most of the damage. If people want to dislike the movie, that's fine. But don't hate on it for make-believe reasons that aren't supported by what was actually shown on the screen.
Yup. :up:

I'm a little confused at the continued argument over superman killing zod....one argument is that people don't like johnathan kent saying young Clark should've maybe let those people die and on the other hand, when Clark chooses to kill in order to save people, everyone loses their minds!

When it comes down to it, police make that terrible decision everyday to shoot an armed criminal who won't lower their weapon and is threatening the lives of others. Now, the argument could be made that superman should be above humans but how would people react if he let zod do it? He'd be called a softy or that he didn't care. It's a realistic decision. Superman made it and onviously felt remorse so he's not a monster.

THANK you for saying this. What was Clark supposed to do? People are also forgetting that Zod was clearly stronger than him and as a result superman had little control over the flow of the fight, he did the only thing he could possibly do to stop him and save more people from dying.

[YT]SqF9OwwaL-A[/YT]
this movie is shaping up to be like this ^

Based on recent rumors, I'm thinking Superman will most likely die in this movie at the hands of Doomsday. The rumors of Nightwing and Wonder Woman make sense if Doomsday is the villain. Superman might die midway through the film, leaving Nightwing, Wonder Woman and Batman to fight Doomsday before Superman is resurrected in the final battle, where he'll ultimately have to kill Doomsday.

In the Tim Burton Superman Lives script, Brainiac comes across a deep space probe from Lexcorp, featuring a greeting that welcomes aliens to Luthor's planet. Brainiac ignores the message until Luthor reveals Earth is harboring a Kryptonian. He then goes to Earth seeking to use Superman as an energy source. When Brainiac comes to Earth, he unleashes Doomsday in Metropolis. I could see something like that working for sure.

i hope that if Brainiac and Doomsday are included, that they are both originally from Krypton.

Last edited:
Doomsday, eh?
*insert Theodin Two Towers gif*
What can men do against such reckless hate?

Last edited:
so doomsday and wondy are in this? who else is in it? nic cage AND sam jackson, since they're in everything?

so would superman be morgan freeman's son? since he's alien space jesus in man of steel?

makes soooo much sense. it's a rumor i can stand behind.

The plot will be about Nic Cage as Lex and Liam Neeson as Brainiac kidnapping Morgan Freeman's God until they "get their damned money back!"

[YT]SqF9OwwaL-A[/YT]
this movie is shaping up to be like this ^

Based on recent rumors, I'm thinking Superman will most likely die in this movie at the hands of Doomsday. The rumors of Nightwing and Wonder Woman make sense if Doomsday is the villain. Superman might die midway through the film, leaving Nightwing, Wonder Woman and Batman to fight Doomsday before Superman is resurrected in the final battle, where he'll ultimately have to kill Doomsday.

In the Tim Burton Superman Lives script, Brainiac comes across a deep space probe from Lexcorp, featuring a greeting that welcomes aliens to Luthor's planet. Brainiac ignores the message until Luthor reveals Earth is harboring a Kryptonian. He then goes to Earth seeking to use Superman as an energy source. When Brainiac comes to Earth, he unleashes Doomsday in Metropolis. I could see something like that working for sure.

i hope that if Brainiac and Doomsday are included, that they are both originally from Krypton.

Wonder Woman might last a few minutes against Doomsday, but Batman and Nightwing would be killed in less than a second if they engaged Doomsday.

I just posted this in the Batmobile thread but thought it would get more traction here.

The fact that one of the only things we know about Batman for this movie other than "he will be a seasoned crime-fighter" is that Wayne Enterprises has a SATELLITE. I feel that of all the different portrayals of Batman's character explored in the comics mythology, Batman is really tech-savvy when he is written for the Justice League.

I guess we could not only be seeing the Batmobile, but the Jet or the Boat or the Bike as well. Seeing as how many CGI scenes there were in Man Of Steel, I feel that a tech-savvy Batman is definitely in the works here. The biggest design element of MoS was Kyrpton in the OPENING of the film and Zod's ship and plot at the END. Especially if rumors of Lex Luthor and LexCorp are in the mix, technology will take on a more of a futuristic science fiction role than the realistic-sci-fi concepts in TDK Trilogy. These DC movies Post-MoS are not supposed to be "realistic" as much as they are supposed to be "contemporary." Dare I say, like what Marvel is doing?

Marvel may be dominating the film-market, but I don't think DC is really interested in making it a competition. I think they really care and focus on their characters with each iteration and try to create a definitive portrait of their heroes. In my personal opinion, the Marvel films are too comic book central, where as I think DC has a nice harmony in their films. Their Green Lantern film, though, I feel, tried to be too much like a Marvel film.

And why is there so much hate on these boards?! We're getting another Batman film now and we will have another one before we all die in 50 years!

All I'm saying is Batman is definitive. I think he is gonna be a techie this time around.

Last edited:
I just posted this in the Batmobile thread but thought it would get more traction here.

The fact that one of the only things we know about Batman for this movie other than "he will be a seasoned crime-fighter" is that Wayne Enterprises has a SATELLITE. I feel that of all the different portrayals of Batman's character explored in the comics mythology, Batman is really tech-savvy when he is written for the Justice League.

I guess we could not only be seeing the Batmobile, but the Jet or the Boat or the Bike as well. Seeing as how many CGI scenes there were in Man Of Steel, I feel that a tech-savvy Batman is definitely in the works here. The biggest design element of MoS was Kyrpton in the OPENING of the film and Zod's ship and plot at the END. Especially if rumors of Lex Luthor and LexCorp are in the mix, technology will take on a more of a futuristic science fiction role than the realistic-sci-fi concepts in TDK Trilogy. These DC movies Post-MoS are not supposed to be "realistic" as much as they are supposed to be "contemporary." Dare I say, like what Marvel is doing?

Marvel may be dominating the film-market, but I don't think DC is really interested in making it a competition. I think they really care and focus on their characters with each iteration and try to create a definitive portrait of their heroes. In my personal opinion, the Marvel films are too comic book central, where as I think DC has a nice harmony in their films. Their Green Lantern film, though, I feel, tried to be too much like a Marvel film.

And why is there so much hate on these boards?! We're getting another Batman film now and we will have another one before we all die in 50 years!

All I'm saying is Batman is definitive. I think he is gonna be a techie this time around.

Good insights! And I agree. I think this new Batman will be very tech-savvy... not Tony Stark level, but I think he'll have a bit more futuristic tech than he had in the Nolan films. And that's the right way to go with this, I think, because this Batman will likely be facing off with some superpowered villains at one point or another.

As for why there is so much hate on these boards... you know how it is. For years, people bemoaned not getting Batman and Superman onscreen together. Now it's finally happening and they... b**ch about it. It makes me want to slam my head into a wall.

We're getting another Batman film now and we will have another one before we all die in 50 years!
The writing is already on the wall...:csad:

I just hope for 3 Superman sequels...just 3. I don't need anymore though I know I've been greedy as a fan, but just 3.

While it's somewhat easy to know as to how Batman will benefit from being in this film, in what ways do some of you guys see Superman benefiting from sharing this film with batman?

While it's somewhat easy to know as to how Batman will benefit from being in this film, in what ways do some of you guys see Superman benefiting from sharing this film with batman?

I could see Bruce being a father-Jonathan Kent-Jor-El-wise-type figure for Clark to learn from. Batman is strategic and rational, sharp with wit and survival instincts (in his Justice League written characteristics). Superman should be ready to do a whole lot of learning from wise old Bats.

clark has so many fathers. sadly none of them stick around for long, but with batman...he's got a nightwing, probably a dead jason, pre tim, he could be looking for a son figure.

Batman as a "Father figure" to Superman???

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

All this talk of the PZ makes me think. It's seems after the Black zero was sucked in, the PZ disappeared. It seems Supes doesn't have access to it anymore. So I wonder how he will deal with any super-villains in the future. He has nowhere to stick them, but clearly doesn't want to kill. It will be interesting to see what he does now.

He may not want to, but it doesn't mean he won't. Killing Zod is what saved the world. If he were put in a similar situation and refused to kill the bad guy, it would make him look bad. Superman will either kill again or there will be something or someone written in that will spare him the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"