BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love an opening like Watchmen's. Maybe something like this:

They could show a bunch of different situations. Just people doing every-day things, like maybe a women walking down a dark street, people driving on the highway in the winter, a man walking in the woods. The audience would wonder what do these different people have to do with one another? The screen would alternate between each of them and show the scenes gradually getting more sinister. Some sinister men could appear behind the woman on the street and start following her. The people in the car could remark on how it's getting hard to see because it's snowing and the road seems a bit slippery. The man walking in the woods is now joined by numerous other people, some of them cops, and they're starting to call out someone's name. The scenes keep alternating, getting worse and worse. The woman starts to look behind her and panic, as the men start muttering about hurting her. The people in the car start to go into a slide on the road and begin screaming. The man starts to cry about how he can't find his son and it's getting cold in the woods. Some music starts to play. Softly at first. Maybe it's the beginning of An Ideal of Hope by Zimmer. Then things get really bad. The woman is grabbed by the men, she's screaming. The people in the car crash through a guard rail and sail off a cliff and they're screaming. The man falls to his knees and sobs his son's name, the other searchers keep looking through the dark, cold woods. There would be a close-up of each terrified/sad person's eyes so the audience knows how they feel. The people see it coming. A terrible thing is about to happen to them. They're almost losing hope. The music gets louder. The audience wonders why because these people are about to die....then BAM! Superman. The men let go of the woman and run in the opposite direction. The car floats in mid-air. An alien in blue is standing there with a small boy in his arms. The people just look stunned at first. There's another close-up of their eyes as relief and utter wonderment sets in. The music plays loud and triumphant and maybe Superman gives them all a small reassuring look, like he gave Lois when she got hurt in the ship in MOS. Then the movie's title is displayed and it fades into black to allow the movie to begin.

Yeah thatd be pretty cool, except for Superman I'd like to see something similar to this (as a lot of people have said before)

superman-saves-regan.jpg

And then when you talked about a girl in an ally/dark street have that be Batman where he does something like this: (man IDK why its so hard for me to figure out how to post youtube videos on here)

http://youtu.be/5UbuH98Ykzg

Minus the explosions, just have Batman drop down, bad guy gets scared, says he'll shoot/cut/kill lady, cat/ally rat makes noise to distract said bad guy, bad guy looks back to Batman who is already in his face disarming him with "no you won't"

IDK if a montage of just Superman would be the best way to go, since Batman is also going to be a lead, but a montage of just Superman and then them showing Batman watching via his drones would work too.

I just hope that Snyder opts to shoot more on location than the previous film and doesn't regress back towards shooting on sound stages with Green/Blue screen background.

One of the reasons why I thought the "Battle in Smallville" was more effective than the one in Metropolis was that Snyder shot most of it on location, so it obviously looked more real...whereas nearly everything that took place in the Battle of Metropolis, sans the train station scene, took place inside of a studio with green screen.

Personally, I thought Snyder could have shot the office scene where Zod blasts his heat vision inside an actual office along with shooting Superman and Zod fighting each other on an actual street (before Zod gave Superman an uppercut into the air) since it was obvious that the background wasn't real.

I just hope that Snyder opts to shoot more on location than the previous film and doesn't regress back towards shooting on sound stages with Green/Blue screen background.

One of the reasons why I thought the "Battle in Smallville" was more effective than the one in Metropolis was that Snyder shot most of it on location, so it obviously looked more real...whereas nearly everything that took place in the Battle of Metropolis, sans the train station scene, took place inside of a studio with green screen.

Personally, I thought Snyder could have shot the office scene where Zod blasts his heat vision inside an actual office along with shooting Superman and Zod fighting each other on an actual street (before Zod gave Superman an uppercut into the air) since it was obvious that the background wasn't real.

Smallville didn't require the scale of a city and ariel battles and what not. For example a giant crater in the middle of smallville might have needed a sound stage. Avengers used plenty of stage work.

That being said if bay can turn chicago into what he did, with that much on location work, who needs a sound stage.

I also like this idea of a watchmenesque montage at the start of the film. It's one of my favorite things about snyder's vision and it might solve the problem of giving the fans this saving montage they need to see.

I would actually like the movie to start with us hearing Martha's voice saying "What are you going to do when you're not saving the world..."

Then show the last scene from MOS of Clark being introduced to the Daily Planet. This would be followed by a Watchmen style opening credits which would catch us up on the next couple of months of events.

Then the move kicks into high gear.

I'd love an opening like Watchmen's. Maybe something like this:

They could show a bunch of different situations. Just people doing every-day things, like maybe a women walking down a dark street, people driving on the highway in the winter, a man walking in the woods. The audience would wonder what do these different people have to do with one another? The screen would alternate between each of them and show the scenes gradually getting more sinister. Some sinister men could appear behind the woman on the street and start following her. The people in the car could remark on how it's getting hard to see because it's snowing and the road seems a bit slippery. The man walking in the woods is now joined by numerous other people, some of them cops, and they're starting to call out someone's name. The scenes keep alternating, getting worse and worse. The woman starts to look behind her and panic, as the men start muttering about hurting her. The people in the car start to go into a slide on the road and begin screaming. The man starts to cry about how he can't find his son and it's getting cold in the woods. Some music starts to play. Softly at first. Maybe it's the beginning of An Ideal of Hope by Zimmer. Then things get really bad. The woman is grabbed by the men, she's screaming. The people in the car crash through a guard rail and sail off a cliff and they're screaming. The man falls to his knees and sobs his son's name, the other searchers keep looking through the dark, cold woods. There would be a close-up of each terrified/sad person's eyes so the audience knows how they feel. The people see it coming. A terrible thing is about to happen to them. They're almost losing hope. The music gets louder. The audience wonders why because these people are about to die....then BAM! Superman. The men let go of the woman and run in the opposite direction. The car floats in mid-air. An alien in blue is standing there with a small boy in his arms. The people just look stunned at first. There's another close-up of their eyes as relief and utter wonderment sets in. The music plays loud and triumphant and maybe Superman gives them all a small reassuring look, like he gave Lois when she got hurt in the ship in MOS. Then the movie's title is displayed and it fades into black to allow the movie to begin.
I love this

Posted this in the Cavill thread too... sorry if it's already been posted here.

Henry was nominated for a Critics Choice Award in the "Best Actor in an Action Movie" category. Regardless of whether he ends up winning, it's good to see that he got the nod. I like RDJ's and Brad Pitt's performances (haven't seen Wahlberg's yet) but I think Henry edged them both out. (If we were putting Henry up against RDJ for the first Iron Man, I'd give it to RDJ, but I found him a little less convincing than usual in IM3).

http://www.criticschoice.com/movie-a...s-nominations/

has this been posted already?

they ask a bunch of actors who they prefer, bats or supes.

[YT]ul3T3VuoJgQ[/YT]

I would actually like the movie to start with us hearing Martha's voice saying "What are you going to do when you're not saving the world..."

Then show the last scene from MOS of Clark being introduced to the Daily Planet. This would be followed by a Watchmen style opening credits which would catch us up on the next couple of months of events.

Then the move kicks into high gear.

I watched MOS again last night and one line stood out in my head…

Perry White: Can you imagine how the people of this planet will react if they knew there was someone like this out there?

That should be the first line in the trailer.

I still find it odd they talked about showing how the world will react to Superman, but pretty much limited it to the few members of the military we got to see. And a little bit of Perry's thoughts and that blogger Lois talked to.

And Lois herself of course, and kind of Jonathan and Martha.

ЯɘvlveR;27453677 said:

[YT]ul3T3VuoJgQ[/YT]
Nice! Batman always wins. Sorry Supes!

That's generic as bad place. Probably been used a million times, especially in comic book movies.

Right, because Superman saving people in a montage isn't generic and hasn't been done a million times already. :whatever:

The motto of movies is to show don't tell…and you want to open on the most powerful image and scene as you can…Superman saving people is more powerful than interviewing people about what they think.

I never said I wanted it to be an opening sequence. I think the opening sequence could be about Superman saving people. One group. That's it. I don't want or need to spend fifteen minutes of the film watching Superman saving a bunch of people from a bunch of different things.

But I think the opening of the film should address Zod's death quite early on. We're supposed to see the fallout from that, right? That needs to be brought out early in the film, and see how it affects how he fights bad guys. That is much more interesting to me than Superman saving people from random stuff.

For me the film has to open with Superman to show this is still his story. I think starting with Batman would be a mistake. I like the idea of a super montage opening and having it end with Batman watching Superman on some monitors through his drones.
That sounds kind of nice. I like it. I would like to see Batman using surveillance on Superman that is superior to what the military. That's usually his thing.

Right, because Superman saving people in a montage isn't generic and hasn't been done a million times already. :whatever:

I never said I wanted it to be an opening sequence. I think the opening sequence could be about Superman saving people. One group. That's it. I don't want or need to spend fifteen minutes of the film watching Superman saving a bunch of people from a bunch of different things.

But I think the opening of the film should address Zod's death quite early on. We're supposed to see the fallout from that, right? That needs to be brought out early in the film, and see how it affects how he fights bad guys. That is much more interesting to me than Superman saving people from random stuff.

We were talking about the saving montage over the opening credits.

I don't think it has been done that much, but it's ok if it's not your taste.

I'm not sure a montage of Super-saves has ever been done in a movie before. Some saves were shown in the Reeve movies, but they were 30 years ago. Superman returns had that scene of Superman stopping that robbery and getting shot in the eye, which was kinda cool, but didn't really capture the emotion of being saved from death by a flying man. There was a sort of montage in the background on the TV in SR when Clark entered the daily planet, but it went by in a second and was shown as tiny images on a tv screen. The plane scene was really his main save in that movie besides the lifting of a giant island.

Personally, I'm ready for some scenes that show what Superman is all about. It has been done many times (and well) in the comics. But not in a movie. The movies seem to take the fact that he's Superman and everyone knows he saves people for granted. I want to see it, not hear about it.

Also, in the MOS universe, Superman doesn't have a very good reputation at this point with the average person. The audience knows he's a hero (at least they should :oldrazz:) since he spent years helping people in secret and saved billions from Zod. But the public in MOS doesn't know about his secret saves, unless they were saved themselves. They also know that he was involved in a 9/11 like event that could have ended the world. Perhaps Lois will write an article to tell people that Superman saved us, but would everyone believe that? And even if they did, maybe people think that even though he sided with us, he attracted trouble to our planet. Plus, if Lex Luthor is in the movie, you know he's gonna fan the flames and try to trash Supes publicly. People will be scared. They just learned aliens exist and one has been living amongst them and his counterparts attacked them brutally. So, they need to see that he can be good. Yes, he was involved in a terrible thing, but he also has much to offer humanity.

The Battle in SV is one of my favorite sequences because it does look real. Though speaking of this makes me wonder how Snyder will top the action in the next movie, or more importantly what sort of fight sequences do I want to see? Hmm...not really sure. I know I want a lot of Bats fighting with cape action. I would also like to see more up-close combat with a bit less shaky cam. I'd like to see Supes fighting someone who keeps him close. Zod was clearly running for a lot of the fight. I want to see him fighting someone who keeps it close. If the villain truly is Doomsday, and they keep him true to his fighting style then that should be what we see.

I still find it odd they talked about showing how the world will react to Superman, but pretty much limited it to the few members of the military we got to see. And a little bit of Perry's thoughts and that blogger Lois talked to.

Yeah, I wanted more too. But I thinking they'll expand on it in this movie. I think the public will be divided, much like the Hype is. And I can't wait to see what Batman and Lex Luthor (if he's in it) have to say.

I would like to see Superman and Batman inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame as characters for their contributions for Film and TV. Maybe have Wonder Woman up there for her TV contributions.

I'm fairly certain They only commemorate real people and not fictional characters.

Yeah, I wanted more too. But I thinking they'll expand on it in this movie. I think the public will be divided, much like the Hype is. And I can't wait to see what Batman and Lex Luthor (if he's in it) have to say.

I'm sure they will. But, I just saw no point in bringing it up when talking about MOS when they weren't really exploring it after watching the film. No film's guaranteed a sequel.

ЯɘvlveR;27453677 said:

[YT]ul3T3VuoJgQ[/YT]

Heh. Stan Lee FTW!

ЯɘvlveR;27453677 said:

[YT]ul3T3VuoJgQ[/YT]
Hahahah :woot:

Loki FTW...

I'm sure they will. But, I just saw no point in bringing it up when talking about MOS when they weren't really exploring it after watching the film. No film's guaranteed a sequel.

I see what you mean. They hyped up that aspect of it in the trailers and didn't really feature it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"