BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quality product in a subjective market....

The point I was trying to make was that my dissatisfaction with the film had nothing to do with me "filling in the blanks" and everything to do with the film being what it was. I got the impression that you were trying to dismiss or downplay the criticism the film got by attributing it to absurdly high expectations. While I'm sure that's true for some people, it isn't for a lot of us.

Never really said anything about obnoxious expectations, only that people expect their own ideals.
I'm not seeing a big difference. Filling in the blanks on your own can lead to a development of high expectations that can sour your viewing experience.

Can't please everyone all of the time. Too bad, so sad. :csad:

I still get confused when people claim that they were "fooled" by a trailer that in fact, actually features what is in the movie.

Seriously...what's up with that?

I still get confused when people claim that they were "fooled" by a trailer that in fact, actually features what is in the movie.

I wouldn't say I was "fooled" by it because, as you said, all that stuff was in the movie.

It's just that those trailers were like compressed greatness. It was all the greatest moments edited together in a more pleasing way than the end product.

And again, I don't think the final product was crap. I just think it wasn't as great as the trailers made it feel. For me, anyways. And it didn't ruin the film for me, so this is really just an observation on my part.

The point I was trying to make was that my dissatisfaction with the film had nothing to do with me "filling in the blanks" and everything to do with the film being what it was. I got the impression that you were trying to dismiss or downplay the criticism the film got by attributing it to absurdly high expectations. While I'm sure that's true for some people, it isn't for a lot of us.

I was merely pointing out what may have happened for some people, many people even. Not dismissing everyone's criticism. Mostly the people admitting to and championing this "trailer fooled me" syndrome

=MrsKent26;27496765
It's just that those trailers were like compressed greatness. It was all the greatest moments edited together in a more pleasing way than the end product.

This is what generally trailers comprise of.

^^^ I'm not saying it isn't. I guess this is really a compliment to Snyder's trailers. Not everyone makes such great ones.

That's why I say I wasn't "fooled." I'm saying, the trailers did their job and MOS got my money.

^^^ I'm not saying it isn't. I guess this is really a compliment to Snyder's trailers. Not everyone makes such great ones.

That's why I say I wasn't "fooled." I'm saying, the trailers did their job and MOS got my money.
Henry Cavill alone is more than worth it and don't you forget it. :oldrazz:

The interesting thing about the trailers were that they actually hid the majority of the action scenes in the movie which, imo, enhanced the actual movie experience. I mean we had a couple of quick cuts of Supes knockin Zod around but they really hid the majority of the smallville and metropolis battle and action sequences.

Henry Cavill alone is more than worth it and don't you forget it. :oldrazz:

True, lol.

The interesting thing about the trailers were that they actually hid the majority of the action scenes in the movie which, imo, enhanced the actual movie experience. I mean we had a couple of quick cuts of Supes knockin Zod around but they really hid the majority of the smallville and metropolis battle and action sequences.

They showed key action shots that let the viewer know the action was gonna be big, but didn't give it all away. It was a delicious tease. Remember seeing this in a trailer?

Last edited:
Definitely. I didn't think the movie was going to be as action packed as it was. In that way the trailers did fool me.

I personally criticized the marketing at the time, for holding so much back. At the time superman had been cursed with an audience that had never seen contemporary action from him and all we were being sold was "where did I come from" marketing and such.
Interesting how it all turned out(too much action criticism et all).

For all the praise the marketing gets, I felt they could have had more impact if they got a little more conventional. Now that the cat's out of the bag so to speak, I can only expect truer snyder trailers going forward. Especially if Nolan has less a hand in all of this.

Make no mistake, I guarantee you the BvS trailer is going to be the #1 most viewed, most popular trailer of 2014. As much as I am anticipating Avengers 2 and Star Wars, I think this is going to be THE trailer that gets fanboys on pins and needles for 2015.

Make no mistake, I guarantee you the BvS trailer is going to be the #1 most viewed, most popular trailer of 2014. As much as I am anticipating Avengers 2 and Star Wars, I think this is going to be THE trailer that gets fanboys on pins and needles for 2015.

Yep. Batman and Superman (and Wonder Woman) in the same trailer? Minds will be blown.

Probably.
If only to see snyder/affleck batman curiosity. I don't suspect all those folks that trended their hate for such a venture will skip out on the free trailer. Like asm2, there will be the curiosity of seeing the next chapter. And then there is that glimpse of wonder woman...
This Lex casting might just be the final piece of the hype puzzle.

I too expect big numbers for it.

:up::up:

All it's gonna take is that one shot of Batman and Superman coming face-to-face and pants will go flying.

All it's gonna take is that one shot of Batman and Superman coming face-to-face and pants will go flying.

LOTS of pants are going to be in need of changing come 2015.

Yes, indeed.

It's easy to be fooled by a trailer. The editing, music and what shots are chosen to be featured in the trailer can give off a completely different impression.

The Batman vs Superman trailer will filed with Cape P o r n.

WANT. BADLY. :wow:
tumblr_mttxt50WsL1ry8rcwo2_250.jpg

You might say Trailer of 2015 since you can guarantee we wont get a trailer for it until this time next year.

Unless a teaser plays in front of either Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Godzilla, or X-Men: Days Of Future Past. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"