BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Woman beat Storm in that Marvel vs DC thing years ago, right? someone's gotta find a picture of that.

dcvsmarvel_03_22.jpg

ЯɘvlveR;27473649 said:

This awesome manips prove Dafoe would be a great Joker!

Fantastic work to whoever created them!

He pretty much is ripped straight out of the Arkham series, kinda like how Affleck looks like Bruce Wayne from the Arkham series haha.

Reminds me of the DBZ fights where they'd go at it, pause, and reveal it was just a warm up/test. Everyone else would go, "WTF? For real?!" Then the real fight would start.

it reminds me of this scene

[YT]AeeoEpmyb2Y[/YT]

I don't think using the Joker would be a good idea. It's not fair for whoever has to play the role to be criticized and compared to death.

I don't think using the Joker would be a good idea. It's not fair for whoever has to play the role to be criticized and compared to death.

Yes. IMHO, I think the Joker should be used minimally, if at all, in the next Batman films. As flawed as TDK was in a few aspects, I consider it to be the definitive BatmanvsJoker film.

Fair enough, haha.

To be honest, I don't have any expectations, high or low, for this movie. I don't want to be disappointed again if it turns out to be another MOS. I'm the slightest bit optimistic now that another writer has been brought on to help polish the script, but I still don't want to fall into a trap.

Also, I was only half serious when I said it the first time, but I'd really love it if Donald Glover was Jimmy. :funny:

Yes. IMHO, I think the Joker should be used minimally, if at all, in the next Batman films. As flawed as TDK was in a few aspects, I consider it to be the definitive BatmanvsJoker film.

Yeah, I mean thematically it's so spot on and is pretty much a PERFECT Batman vs. Joker film. I'm sure Affleck would agree too.

I only see Joker being used sparingly in the new universe as more of a side character with an implied heavy history with the Bat family.

And I'm not saying that there can never be another Batman/Joker centric film again...obviously not. But it needs more time, just like there needed to be some time between Batman 89 and TDK.

Yeah, I mean thematically it's so spot on and is pretty much a PERFECT Batman vs. Joker film. I'm sure Affleck would agree too.

I only see Joker being used sparingly in the new universe as more of a side character with an implied heavy history with the Bat family.

And I'm not saying that there can never be another Batman/Joker centric film again...obviously not. But it needs more time, just like there needed to be some time between Batman 89 and TDK.

I don't know that it's even just about time. I think that it's about movies in between. If Batman appears in two movies without the Joker over the next 6 years, I'm okay with another Joker/Batman movie then.

I'm actually okay with the Joker being in all of the Batman solos, just not as the primary threat. I'd like to see him hinted at and build up until he ultimately is use as a main baddie.

Heath Ledger didn't create the Joker I think the Joker should be allowed to live on in films. I'm not asking for him anytime soon but the character should not be retired because an actor overdosed.

Heath Ledger didn't create the Joker I think the Joker should be allowed to live on in films. I'm not asking for him anytime soon but the character should not be retired because an actor overdosed.

Bold, but true. In 10 years, will it matter to us? It's about telling the right story. I was actually a little disappointed that the Joker was only involved with Nolan's Batman one time in his entire life.

Let's be honest...it's gonna happen regardless.

Considering how many times we've gotten Luthor in Superman flicks, (and it looks to be happening again) I think it wouldn't be out of line to have him appear at least once more in the next few years

Bit of a non sequitur, no? I don't think anybody in the thread was implying or suggesting such a thing.

I also think it should be a while before we seen Bane in a film again too. The Batman rogues gallery is so vast, there's no reason to go right back to the well immediately. Riddler, Freeze and Penguin are all ripe for new cinematic interpretations and that's only scratching the surface.

I don't know that it's even just about time. I think that it's about movies in between. If Batman appears in two movies without the Joker over the next 6 years, I'm okay with another Joker/Batman movie then.

I'm actually okay with the Joker being in all of the Batman solos, just not as the primary threat. I'd like to see him hinted at and build up until he ultimately is use as a main baddie.

Well, yeah that's true too. I don't mean it has to be another 20 years, in fact I highly doubt it will be. But some sort of buffer in between, which could simply be more movies with different villains. It's just about building up anticipation and hunger from the public to want to see him again. It should be a huge event when they play their 'joker' card so to speak.

Last edited:
The Joker is my favorite villain of all time but I'd much rather see some of the other rogues gallery pop up that we haven't see before or new versions of the likes of Penguin or The Riddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"