BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
if thats true, I guess The Rock starts the new GL franchise

he's a moneymaker, so it works in that sense.

The Rock as Jon Stewart? Don't tell me he was the best actor for the part and they couldn't find a black guy?

Well many have already speculated that he is up for John Stewart so I'd put that one down as a fan casting rumour rather than anything concrete.

The Rock as Jon Stewart? Don't tell me he was the best actor for the part and they couldn't find a black guy?

The guys box office gold right now so him been cast could have something to do with that

if thats true, I guess The Rock starts the new GL franchise

he's a moneymaker, so it works in that sense.

And he is the savior of franchises. And the highest earning movie star of last year so it makes sense. He could fit the role nicely, though he isn't my first choice.

ЯɘvlveR;27559731 said:
Peter Georgiou @Peterg_TMT Follow Rumor: I didn't hear this directly, but it's floating around behind the scenes in the industry: @TheRock is up for Jon Stewart. Shrugs.

let this be. :wow:

Called it.

Honestly, he's the best choice alongside Idris Elba.

Though, I think Elba is better suited for John Jones aka Martian Manhunter.

Aw, yeah! Hollywood's finally giving us the biopic on Jon Stewart and the creation of The Daily Show. It's going to be the next Social Network!

Well many have already speculated that he is up for John Stewart so I'd put that one down as a fan casting rumour rather than anything concrete.
Agreed.
My guess is that is a much more physical role, whatever it is .

imagine these casting decisions 10 years ago?

"Ben Affleck as Batman?!!?! The wrestler guy as green Lantern?!?! What next, is Michael Bay directing?"

The operative word here is RUMOR.

The other thing to keep in mind is that WB is playing the misinformation game, not disregarding the possibility, but the rumor could also be amusingly far from the truth.

I'd be okay with Johnson as Stewart.

Even if he is up for John Stewart and even lands the role, I don't think it's going to be for BVS.

CBM posted this rumor and also pointed out that in April, someone on Twitter suggested Dwayne for John Stewart in a DC movie, and he responded "Funny U should say that" on his Twitter account.

However, this could have just been a hint from Dwayne that he was in talks for a DC project; not necessarily John Stewart.

CBM posted this rumor and also pointed out that in April, someone on Twitter suggested Dwayne for John Stewart in a DC movie, and he responded "Funny U should say that" on his Twitter account.

However, this could have just been a hint from Dwayne that he was in talks for a DC project; not necessarily John Stewart.

And back in early November, he took this pic:
BYWwYjhIIAAyXAX.jpg-large.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"