BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
ЯɘvlveR;27559731 said:
Peter Georgiou @Peterg_TMT Follow Rumor: I didn't hear this directly, but it's floating around behind the scenes in the industry: @TheRock is up for Jon Stewart. Shrugs.

I don't like this. I hope it's just a rumour, I'd rather see him as Black Adam or Lobo. As John Stewart? eh.............

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

This was considered the most favorable fancast just short of 9 months ago:

Henry Cavill as Superman
Christian Bale as Batman
Emily Blunt as Wonder Woman
Idris Elba as Green Lantern
Ryan Gosling as The Flash

Now looky what we may get:

Henry Cavill as Superman
Ben Affleck as Batman
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
Dwayne Johnson as Green Lantern
Grant Gustin as The Flash

I know, I know Arrow isn't part of the DCCU canon.

^ Makes more sense than Denzel, that's for sure.

@Libido
The latter list I prefer.

Never the biggest fan of Dwayne as a lantern but the Executives would have to be pretty stupid to pass that up.

Just thinking in terms of getting GL out of the gutter alone. Time to cue up my dcOnline trailer.

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see Johnson as Stewart. It would be beyond sick actually.

Are there any villains in this movie?
We've heard zero when it comes to who or what these heroes will be facing.

I would worry about The Rocks charisma stealing scenes from pretty much anyone in the movie now lol.

I can't get onboard with the Rock as GL... That just don't work for me.

One of my favorite actor/wrestler playing one of my favorite heroes? I'm okay with this. :D I was really down with him playing Lobo, but he'd make a great Stewart as well.

I'm actually hoping he does play Stewart. He really could revive the GL franchise like he has done with his prior movies.

Some of the reasons people have as to why he shouldn't play GL are kinda baffling. (He's too big, he's not black enough, he will ruin the movie, etc.)

Re-posting from the previous thread because whenever I post something more than a couple paragraphs long near the end of a long thread it's like it just disappears into the aether:

-----------------------------------------------------------

After re-watching MOS again yesterday, I think I've finally come full circle on the direction of the sequel. When I first heard that Batman would be appearing, I had mixed feelings about it, since I was looking forward to a solo Superman sequel first. Slowly I started to warm to the idea, but after this latest viewing, I think I'm really starting to look forward to the future of the DC Cinematic Universe.

Though the Easter eggs were of a blink-and-you'll miss them quality, the fact that they had both a Wayne Enterprises satellite and a tiny "Keep Calm and Call Batman" sign in the background of the final battle with Zod is enough to indicate that Bruce Wayne and Batman exist in this universe, and that the latter has been around for a long time.

The destruction of Metropolis in MOS was controversial, to say the least, but I think that if the writers play their cards right they could really turn this into a positive plot point in the sequel. Not only is it a great way for Lex Luthor to look like the hero and depict Superman as an alien threat to humanity, but it also provides a good reason for Batman to be suspicious of Superman and for him to come out of retirement (if that's the case for this "tired, weary" version of the Dark Knight).

Finally, the fact that MOS was at its core a science fiction film with many fantastical elements -- yet one which still managed to cling to a sense of gritty "realism" -- means that we have a suitable platform to establish some of the more out-there elements of the DC Universe such as Themiscyra in Batman vs. Superman, while still maintaining the darker, more serious tone that distinguishes the DC Cinematic Universe from the Marvel one.

Theres to much man meat up in this movies x,D

Batman vs Superman > Expendables

One of my favorite actor/wrestler playing one of my favorite heroes? I'm okay with this. :D I was really down with him playing Lobo, but he'd make a great Stewart as well.

I'm actually hoping he does play Stewart. He really could revive the GL franchise like he has done with his prior movies.

Some of the reasons people have as to why he shouldn't play GL are kinda baffling. (He's too big, he's not black enough, he will ruin the movie, etc.)

I find the colour complaint to be a joke. Sometimes people get too wrapped up on precise aesthetics, and they tend to not even know why.

I've seen arguments about the vast difference between 6'2 and 6'3 and it's importance to character. Jet black hair vs brown etc. I get why a green lanterns powers need be green(I guess) but some fights are better left not fighting. Dwayne is half black(and his mom ain't white), in a world where Perry White is Morpheus of all people.

Thinking about it for 2 seconds but his personality when playing an officer of the law in his movies, is pretty much pin point Jon characterization imo. Still taking this rumor with salt. But the prospect of an DC avengers camera role call with Dwayne in there is nothing but money.

Last edited:
I don't entirely mind The Rock as GL. It could be fun.

But I do have to say...as a huge fan of The Rock's wrestling career, his natural charisma and charm has NEVER come across on the big screen as much as it did when he was cutting a promo. I actually think he's a pretty stiff actor.

That said, that works fine for a mindless action movie. Not entirely sure how I feel about him entering the DCU but I shall keep an open mind.

Re-posting from the previous thread because whenever I post something more than a couple paragraphs long near the end of a long thread it's like it just disappears into the aether:

After re-watching MOS again yesterday, I think I've finally come full circle on the direction of the sequel. When I first heard that Batman would be appearing, I had mixed feelings about it, since I was looking forward to a solo Superman sequel first. Slowly I started to warm to the idea, but after this latest viewing, I think I'm really starting to look forward to the future of the DC Cinematic Universe.

Though the Easter eggs were of a blink-and-you'll miss them quality, the fact that they had both a Wayne Enterprises satellite and a tiny "Keep Calm and Call Batman" sign in the background of the final battle with Zod is enough to indicate that Bruce Wayne and Batman exist in this universe, and that the latter has been around for a long time.

The destruction of Metropolis in MOS was controversial, to say the least, but I think that if the writers play their cards right they could really turn this into a positive plot point in the sequel. Not only is it a great way for Lex Luthor to look like the hero and depict Superman as an alien threat to humanity, but it also provides a good reason for Batman to be suspicious of Superman and for him to come out of retirement (if that's the case for this "tired, weary" version of the Dark Knight).

Finally, the fact that MOS was at its core a science fiction film with many fantastical elements -- yet one which still managed to cling to a sense of gritty "realism" -- means that we have a suitable platform to establish some of the more out-there elements of the DC Universe such as Themiscyra in Batman vs. Superman, while still maintaining the darker, more serious tone that distinguishes the DC Cinematic Universe from the Marvel one.

QFT. :up:

All I ask for the Rock if he really is John Stewart, is NO CGI COSTUME PLS!

perfectly said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"