All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xandrea

Xandrea Well-Known Member

Contacts? Mhmm. Sure he does. And false info is a convenient excuse isn't it? How do we knew these hunches of his aren't" false info" now?

2. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

He is friends with Michael Uslan producer of the batman films and an executive producer on Superman Batman, well known facts.

3. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

you'd be a fool to believe any of them.

4. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I don't get why people doubt Jett tbh.

5. Dk1201

Dk1201 Well-Known Member

Jett is well Jett I am sorry but if any superman fan can explain why Gotham is a huge part of the film yet no batman villains show up are they all on vacation?

6. Xandrea

Xandrea Well-Known Member

Because he's a liar. Most of the claims he makes turn out to be false. The ones that turn out to be true can usually be guessed by anyone.

7. FilmNerdJamie

FilmNerdJamie I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!

Jett's only contact is Uslan, who himself isn't involved in the daily process of the Batman franchise. Has a producer title, gets a check for every new film and that's about it. Who wouldn't want that gig?

8. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

1. I think "friends" is a strong word.

2. Sources or not, and "in the know" or not, doesn't mean he's right.

9. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

10. Axl Van Sixx

Axl Van Sixx Comrade

For whatever reason, critics and fans love to **** on the performances of the female leads in a lot of superhero films. I think that's really unfair, particularly since often the actress is relegated to playing the thankless role of "love interest". The only time I really agreed with those criticisms was with Katie Holmes in BB and Kate Bosworth in SR.

Personally, I thought Ackerman more than held her own with the rest of the Watchmen cast and never understood the criticisms against her.

As for Jett, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. I see him kind of the same way I see Harry Knowles -- the fanboy creator of a popular genre website who deludes himself that he's part of the Hollywood "in-crowd" just because he's met a few bigwigs and gotten some free stuff, when really the studios are using him much as they would any other source of free publicity.

Jett is no better than El Maybe when it comes to the rumours he spreads, and everything he says in that interview smacks of guesswork and speculation. I sure as hell hope that they're not going to water down Wonder Woman's origins by making her a Superman-related character.

11. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

Is that true? Didn't know that.

12. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

The Hugo Strange and Black Mask rumors came from Jett. I think even Hugo Strange was thrown in there.

13. TheNextNolan22

I was rewatching Watchmen the other day and while I do think she was the weakest of the cast, I still thought she did fine.

14. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Whatever, I don't doubt him, he's known plenty in the past. People forget he knew Hardy was playing Bane before he was announced.

15. SingItWithMeNow

SingItWithMeNow Well-Known Member

But then he went on to say he knew hardy was bane the whole time and threw in hugo strange as a form of misdirection... After the official announcment of course ...

16. SingItWithMeNow

SingItWithMeNow Well-Known Member

According to only himself

17. Goshdarn Batman

He probably meant to answer my post about the whole justice league torturing and killing Superman. Which clearly was a joke:hehe:

18. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

I don't even hate Holmes's performance. I thought that she was fine in that role. The problem is that she's in a movie with people like Bale, Oldman, Caine, Neeson, Freeman, Wilkinson, etc. These are some of the greatest actors who have ever lived, and they were all bringing their A-games. She was fine, but everyone around her was so fantastic that she stuck out. I just think that Bosworth was miscast. I've liked her in other movies, but she was way too young, and LOOKED way too young, to play Lois, especially since her Lois was supposed to be Margot Kidder's Lois, only five years older. It was really distracting and the fact that Lois was terribly written in SR and her performance was rather wooden didn't help matters.

19. TheNextNolan22

Oh now I remember that fully.

20. TerryMcGinnis

TerryMcGinnis Batman Beyond

I hope the guy is wrong on quite a few of his points as far as Affleck's Batman goes, because I don't like the sound of it, not in the least.

I cringed and shuddered as soon as I read "Bat-armor". I don't like the idea of Batman using armor, at all. It was used in Batman Beyond in one episode, for a few minutes, in some very dire straits, where Bruce couldn't afford to risk anything, facing off against Inque, and he was running the very real danger of having a heart attack due to overexertion. Those few scenes are memorable primarily because after 10 episodes of the show, we finally saw a glimpse of Bruce in action as Batman again, with the B:TAS theme playing in the background, not because of the armor. Arguably, it would have been even more epic if he wore his regular batsuit.

And I really don't think that Batman Beyond's Bruce (or Kingdom Come, or TDKR) should be an influence on how they're looking to bring the character across in this movie. Not if he's supposed to be concurrent with Superman in his prime.

But that all comes back to their whole "older, wiser and weary" angle, which is not my cup of tea at all, especially in the context that they've established with Man of Steel.

I love me some old, cranky (crankier than usual I should say) Bruce/Batman as much as the next guy, but I'm not too optimistic about how that would work in MOS' world with a 30-something Superman.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  21. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

Really? Didn't know that either. Do you have a link to where he announced it first?

22. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

I can't stand Jett never have been able to but I can at least admit he has been right about a few things here and there, are all sources always right? No and sometimes they get things wrong, I'll take any rumor with a grain of salt no matter who it is but none of us technically know for sure if Jett is wrong or not.

23. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I wouldn't take all rumors with a grain of salt, not if the rumor comes from a very reliable and trusted source. Not saying Jett is, but I'm saying other sources out there. But if a rumor comes from a very reliable trusted source, I'd be more inclined to believe them obviously.

24. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

Bill "Jett" Ramey said this interesting theory that may be represented on this new universe:
    I think this has pretty good potential maybe to be ancient aliens (not necessarily kryptonian) but that pretty much is a good one if you ask me.

25. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Ugh you really started a thread for this? The whole Jett thing was already mentioned in the open discussion thread. And it seems like it's mostly just his own speculation nothing concrete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.