BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
batman vs superman. then there's the sequel batman vs superman vs predator. can't wait.

Would've preferred World's Finest, but whatever. It's a title.

If if really is a MOS-sequel, then calling it BATMAN vs Superman wont make sense. So, it'll be one or the other, and not both. Or NONE of those options. In any case, that title reeks.

Last edited:
Despite the reports of certain people involved with the film using the words "Batman vs. Superman", I really doubt that's what it will end up being titled. What was said was far from any official confirmation of the title.
Don't forget, for then longest time, we were told the title for the first Nolan Bat-film was to be titled "Batman:Intimidation" (or was it "Intimidation game"?, I forget. Regardless ...) They even had domain names registered under that title. As we all know, that was just a working title, and not what the film ended up as.
This is NOT going to be called "B vs. S", I can pretty much guarantee it.

Last edited:
If if really is a MOS-sequel, then calling it BATMAN vs Superman wont make sense. So, it'll be one or the other, and not both. Or NONE of those options. In any case, that title reeks.

Has Zack actually said "this is the sequel to Man of Steel"? As in, not just a narrative sequel, but Superman II. If not, I don't see why anyone would have assumed it was.

The sad thing is people still assume it is.

Has Zack actually said "this is the sequel to Man of Steel"? As in, not just a narrative sequel, but Superman II. If not, I don't see why anyone would have assumed it was.

No one has said it yet, but most assume it is. Nothing new under the sun.

I think all that's been said OFFICIALLY is that this project is the next movie in the universe set up by MOS.

So NOT MOS2!

Hey guys did any concept arts from Wolfgang Petersen's Batman vs Superman leak?

Just as casting Affleck made total sense but most people never suspected he was in the running (probably because they had other actors they would have preferred) calling the film Batman Vs Superman makes a lot of sense - the most popular superhero gets top billing, and its a title which tells you 'holy hell Batman and Superman are in the same film.'

Which makes me think it'll be no great shock if they are going with it, because you can see why WB would want it.

No one has said it yet, but most assume it is. Nothing new under the sun.

I think all that's been said OFFICIALLY is that this project is the next movie in the universe set up by MOS.

So NOT MOS2!

It's been quoted as a "Man of Steel" sequel/follow-up for a lot of the legit news sites whenever they've mentioned it, and I think even Snyder said something similar at Comic Con as well.

He (Snyder) said that it's also "another Superman movie" with a "different element" (the element being Batman of Course). If it wasn't just Superman's movie, then it would have been stated as such.

Yes he has. In particular calling it a "Superman movie".

[YT]MpmeLHPpTkA[/YT]

And its been referred to as an MOS sequel multiple times.

Both Snyder and Goyer have said this.

This is a sequel to Man of Steel.

Hell, the first press release announcing this film said it was an MOS sequel. And that was before the Batman announcement.

Wow, early reviews (and interviews) are going to make this place hilarious.

[YT]MpmeLHPpTkA[/YT]

And its been referred to as an MOS sequel multiple times.

Both Snyder and Goyer have said this.

This is a sequel to Man of Steel.

Hell, the first press release announcing this film said it was an MOS sequel. And that was before the Batman announcement.

Plus, unlike "The Avengers", which a lot of people seem to be using as an example for this film, that film had 5 films preceding before it that were all built with the intention of leading it up into the events of "The Avengers". So you can't really call "The Avengers" an direct sequel to "Iron Man 2" because the events of "The Avengers" were also heavily influenced by what happened in CA and Thor.

The only film that's taken place before this Superman/Batman film is MOS, so this is by all means a direct sequel to MOS in that thought alone.

Wow, early reviews (and interviews) are going to make this place hilarious.

Indeed; I'm willing to predict that these will be some of our reactions whenever we come across new news...

Nr3lsZG.gif

jBg8S4Y.gif

5nL4si0.gif

W4bfl.gif

It's been quoted as a "Man of Steel" sequel/follow-up for a lot of the legit news sites whenever they've mentioned it, and I think even Snyder said something similar at Comic Con as well.

He (Snyder) said that it's also "another Superman movie" with a "different element" (the element being Batman of Course). If it wasn't just Superman's movie, then it would have been stated as such.

Pretty sure he never called it a sequel as such. And I dont care how legit those sites are, it still doesnt make it offcial. My ******** self wants it in an official written statement before it takes it to the bank.

Pretty sure he never called it a sequel as such. And I dont care how legit those sites are, it still doesnt make it offcial. My ******** self wants it in an official written statement before it takes it to the bank.

I was only responding to the part where you said that this wasn't MOS 2 so by the logic that you just posted above, then it's not confirmed yet as well that this ISN'T MOS 2 either.

Still doesnt make it a direct sequel to the standalone movie MOS imo. But rather the first movie in the shared DC cinematic-universe. Had it been a sequel Batman would've been a cameo.

I was only responding to the part where you said that this wasn't MOS 2 so by the logic that you just posted above, then it's not confirmed yet as well that this ISN'T MOS 2 either.

I just wanted some proof as to why people are calling this a sequel, when they dont know jack.

I guess we've got a new type of "sequel" here.

I just wanted some proof as to why people are calling this a sequel, when they dont know jack.

I guess we've got a new type of "sequel" here.

Well with the way I see it, "Man of Steel" is the ONLY film that Warner Bros has been able to release within their newly developed DC Cinematic Universe, thus the only canon events that have/will influence the events going into this film will be from MOS.

"The Avengers" on the other hand, as I had mentioned earlier at the top, was a film comprised of several films, where the events in the ensemble film were affected by the events of all of the Marvel films that came before it, thus it wasn't a direct sequel for any one of those films.

Well with the way I see it, "Man of Steel" is the ONLY film that Warner Bros has been able to release within their newly developed DC Cinematic Universe, thus the only canon events that have/will influence the events going into this film will be from MOS.

"The Avengers" on the other hand, as I had mentioned earlier at the top, was a film comprised of several films, where the events in the ensemble film were affected by the events of all of the Marvel films that came before it, thus it wasn't a direct sequel for any one of those films.

"Batman VS Superman" :dry: will be the first team-up movie within that universe. That's why I'm calling it something else regardless of what it'll reference from MOS. Isnt this just WF in the end?

I think we agree here when all is said...

"Batman VS Superman" :dry: will be the first team-up movie within that universe. That's why I'm calling it something else regardless of what it'll reference from MOS.

I think we agree here when all is said...

But there really isn't any proof that the film would be called that, and despite how flawed Snyder and Goyer can be, I'd like to give them some credit into knowing on how generic and stupid a title like that would be for the film.

But there really isn't any proof that the film would be called that, and despite how flawed Snyder and Goyer can be, I'd like to give them some credit into knowing on how generic and stupid a title like that would be for the film.

Well, it's not about that title, which I loathe, but the content and that Batman will be just as big a part of it as Superman.

Well, it's not about that title, which I loathe, but the content and that Batman will be just as big a part of it as Superman.

IF there's anything that I feel the fans can all agree on, it's that "Batman vs Superman" is not a title that should be used at all.lol

In regards to Batman's presence/importance in the film...Honestly, I think if they play their cards right, what would be best for everyone at the moment would be for this film to be something like "The Dark Knight" was where this is still first and foremost Superman's story, but that Batman has a significance presence to the film and story like how Harvey Dent had within "TDK".

That way, Superman fans get a compromise in having a superman story take priority first in this film and you won't risk exhausting the GA with a new Batman so soon after Bale had concluded his, where you leave enough room for people to take an interest in this new Batman so that they'd want to see his character further explored in his own new solo franchise.

IF there's anything that I feel the fans can all agree on, it's that "Batman vs Superman" is not a title that should be used at all.lol

In regards to Batman's presence/importance in the film...Honestly, I think if they play their cards right, what would be best for everyone at the moment would be for this film to be something like "The Dark Knight" was where this is still first and foremost Superman's story, but that Batman has a significance presence to the film and story like how Harvey Dent had within "TDK".

That way, Superman fans get a compromise in having a superman story take priority first in this film and you won't risk exhausting the GA with a new Batman so soon after Bale had concluded his, where you leave enough room for people to take an interest in this new Batman so that they'd want to see his character further explored in his own new solo franchise.

Sure, but the way they're beefing up and hyping this whole Batman/Affleck thing and furthermore referring to it as Batman VS Superman, I'm pretty sure they'll share equal screentime. Or at least have equal presence. At least we wont have a Batman-origin to waste runtime on.

I guess we'll know soon enough. And again, I only wanted to address whether it was a MOS-sequel or not.

Sure, but the way they're beefing up and hyping this whole Batman/Affleck thing and furthermore referring to it as Batman VS Superman, I'm pretty sure they'll share equal screentime. Or at least have equal presence.

I guess we'll know soon enough. And again, I only wanted to address whether it was a MOS-sequel or not.

Yeah, the sooner we get some more official news regarding this film, the better; though I still cringe at the thought of what any reaction for this film will be since if we go by past experiences, no matter what is released from this film, it'll still cause a riot from some.lol

Personally, I think the reason why so much hype is on Ben is just because of the fact that he's playing Batman of all people and the fact that we're going to see Batman back on the Big screen again so soon after we just had a successful trilogy from Nolan. Truth be told, if we started with a Batman film for this new DCU and had Superman appearing in his sequel, then the actor playing Superman would be getting just as much hype as Ben is getting almost.

I think the next obvious step will be either announcing who the main villain is, let alone who will be portraying that said villain OR getting an official statement that'll clarify the title of the film.

But the more I see things, I feel like this is a Man of Steel sequel, regardless of how much time Batman will get, even if he's portrayed as the second/equal protagonist, simply because there are no other films from the DCU that lead into this film. I'd be saying differently if Ben had starred in a Batman film before this one.

Also, in regards to that potential spoiler on how the filmmakers may be looking for another female role to be filled in, one that people assumed would be Batman's new love interest in the film; assuming if the source was right, what if that character is Mercy? I mean if we have Lex in this film, it wouldn't be hard to imagine him having someone like Mercy attached to him and if they wanted to give Batman a LI type of character, she could fit the bill..since they didn't something similar with a similar female character (Tess Mercer) from Smallville with Oliver Queen.

Yeah, the sooner we get some more official news regarding this film, the better; though I still cringe at the thought of what any reaction for this film will be since if we go by past experiences, no matter what is released from this film, it'll still cause a riot from some.lol

Personally, I think the reason why so much hype is on Ben is just because of the fact that he's playing Batman of all people and the fact that we're going to see Batman back on the Big screen again so soon after we just had a successful trilogy from Nolan. Truth be told, if we started with a Batman film for this new DCU and had Superman appearing in his sequel, then the actor playing Superman would be getting just as much hype as Ben is getting almost.

I think the next obvious step will be either announcing who the main villain is, let alone who will be portraying that said villain OR getting an official statement that'll clarify the title of the film.

But the more I see things, I feel like this is a Man of Steel sequel, regardless of how much time Batman will get, even if he's portrayed as the second/equal protagonist, simply because there are no other films from the DCU that lead into this film. I'd be saying differently if Ben had starred in a Batman film before this one.

We'll see about the sequel-business. :oldrazz:

But yeah, a World's Finest team-up thing is the only way to reintroduce a new Batman. An experienced Batman at that, minus the origin is the way to go.

And I think Luthor will be at least one villain here, since both he and Batman/Wayne were hinted at in MOS. And if Luthor's in you may be right about this being more of a Superman-movie than Batman. Hmmm...

Yesh, a title-reveal now PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"