All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goshdarn Batman

Batman first!:woot:

2. Krumm

Krumm Beer Snob

That's an interesting way of looking at it.:up:

3. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

No, it needs to have been Batman. I completely understand why, considering his cynical nature vs. what we've seen of Cavill's Kal-El.

My goodness, I hope WB releases that photo soon!

4. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

I think that this might have been the plan since they decided to put Batman in this picture and started courting Affleck.

With the rumors of the characters that might show up, the possibility of JL being shot back to back with this film and the fact that Snyder and Goyer have both said that the events at the climax of Man of Steel are the spine of the story for this, this seems like how they'll go with this film.

It's the reaction story to this alien's public arrival in our world. Makes sense that Lex Luthor and the Batman are seriously suspicious of this Kal-El person.

5. Seamo7

Seamo7 New Member

6. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Well, it would definitely be a new way of building up a shared universe filled with heroes...so people won't be able to claim that Warner Bros ripped off on what Marvel studios did.

Plus, if the execution is done right...this could really do wonders for Superman's character, let alone his villains as well. I mean for years, people have said on how useless Lex is due to the misconception of his character as a result of how badly characterized and portrayed his character has been in previous films.

If you can make a version of Lex that's so threatening that requires Superman to have some back up, then that's really saying a lot about Lex as a villain, especially when he doesn't have any super powers of his own.

Plus, this is one hell of a great way to establish a great arc involving Superman rising through the ranks from alien outcast, to silent hero, to the ultimate heroic leader.

7. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

If the spine of the story is this, it's damn near perfect, considering the arc he had in Man of Steel.

It makes complete sense.

8. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

I really want to see the new Batsuit...

9. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

I would like that a lot. Although, I'd still want solo supes movies because I'm greedy and can never get enough Superman.

10. herolee10

Huh, I just realized that given on how Cavil has been sporting a shorter haircut for the past few months, if Affleck took that picture with Cavil in their respective costumes not too long ago, then Cavil would probably have his shorter hairstyle in that shot as Superman.

And assuming if that's how they'll go with his look, then i guess the rumors about Superman getting a new hairstyle wasn't far off.

11. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Wait! What's this about Affleck taking a picture of them in their costumes?!

12. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

News to me as well. Where's this coming from?

13. herolee10

Kevin Smith revealed in one of his podcasts that he had seen a real photo of Ben in his costume, in which featured him (Ben) and Cavil in costume for a professional shoot that Snyder and Warner bros did.

14. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

I'd be all for this, especially considering the rumor that BVS and JL will film back-to-back and the fact that on numerous occasions Goyer and Snyder have said the climax of MOS will be the driving point behind this story.

15. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

How soon can we get this promo shot of Supes and Batman?

16. Goshdarn Batman

I'm dying here!:csad:

(not really, but I'm very curious)

17. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

That's the thing. No one knows. Even the professional rumor mongers have been uncharacteristically quiet of late.

18. TheNextNolan22

I have no clue...

19. Dk1201

Dk1201 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it will be on a Friday sometime between now and the release of the film...

20. TheNextNolan22

Not sure if I want anymore news in fear of another delay. :o

21. Goshdarn Batman

Maybe we'll have to wait until Affleck is 55 years old. Snyder wants to make The Dark Knight Returns instead:woot:

22. TheNextNolan22

Snyder directing TDKR? DO WANT. Waiting until Affleck is 55? DO NOT WANT. :BA:o

:woot:

23. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Two things:

1) Is there a new episode of Fatman on Batman?

2) Wow! Cannot wait to see that.

24. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

If Affleck is as good and as committed as we all hope he is (paraphrasing ID4 here), then I'd love him to end his run with a TDKReturns adaptation.

Hmm. Come to think of it, in SUPER-HYPOTHETICAL mode, I suppose it would be Affleck himself directing that, and not Snyder (if we're operating under the assumption/hope that Affleck directs the new solo Batman movies).

25. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

Dark Knight Returns should only be adapted with different actors as it's own project.

It's a one off elseworlds tale (What is this Dark Knight Strikes Again? I've never hear of this, shutting my eyes and ears, it doesn't exist, aaaaarrrgggh!!!) and it shoudl be treated as such.

IMO it doesn't need a live action adaptation as nothing can ever come close to the amazing animated version.

BUT if they did adapt it. It would need to have Reagan, the cold war, the nazi boobs, the classic Batman + Robin costumes on Bruce and Carrie, The Joker violently breaking his own neck, the 80's punks, everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.