BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers puny threat and too much comedy.. NOT ALL FANS WERE HAPPIER AND not all the GA liked all from the movie and the movie itself.. so your point is not valid
That's not a valid complaint. NO MOVIE is loved by EVERYONE, even the classics. The Avengers was loved by the VAST MAJORITY of fans, critics, and GA members alike.

That's not a valid complaint. NO MOVIE is loved by EVERYONE, even the classics. The Avengers was loved by the VAST MAJORITY of fans, critics, and GA members alike.
Man I simply don't agree many fans complain, no-fans, also critics.. you're validating my point with your answer not all movies are loved by everyone.. but is not the same GA from the avengers than for example MOS and TDKT... Avengers had some of GA that those DC movies doesn't have that broad.. and also Avengers was the first attempt to put them in the first screen but MOS had to fight with a great movie like Supes I and II.. sooo :cwink:

What the bad place are you talking about? Of course it's the same GA, that's why it's called the GENERAL audience.

The GA loved that movie a lot more than MOS. I love it more too.
like I said before the GA audience from Avengers was not the same as MOS.. cause Avengers focused on all kind of GA and MOS not, his traits not all the childs even the little ones won't see as "great" as Avengers..
and also Avengers was the first attempt to put them in the first screen but MOS had to fight with a great movie like Supes I and II
I´m glad that you liked Avengers more.. that's why people's opinion are so different lol... cause I liked MOS way way better than Avengers..

Last edited:
like I said before the GA audience from Avengers was not the same as MOS.. cause Avengers focused on all kind of GA and MOS with his traits not all the childs even the little ones won't see as "great" as Avengers..
and also Avengers was the first attempt to put them in the first screen but MOS had to fight with a great movie like Supes I and II
I´m glad that you liked Avengers more.. that's why people's opinion are so different lol... cause I liked MOS way way better than Avengers..

What? They were targeting the same people. :huh:

Both were alien invasion movies. Avengers did a lot better job at being the better movie.

What the bad place are you talking about? Of course it's the same GA, that's why it's called the GENERAL audience.
so you're saying the same people who watched TDK, watched Avengers? that was my point.... but serious are you kidding?

so you're saying the same people who watched TDK, watched Avengers? that was my point.... but serious are you kidding?

Ummm...yeah. The same people who watched TDK had a very good chance of watching The Avengers.

What? They were targeting the same people. :huh:

Both were alien invasion movies. Avengers did a lot better job at being the better movie.
No.. yeah both were invasion movies but both movies are completely different and the GA from the avengers was bigger than MOS... sorry I miswrote :)
the better movie that you are saying is a subjective point of view cause many people could tell you totally the opposite, and of course from all the movie itself MOS was superior and better than Avengers even if it was a solo movie.. TDKT was superior also from the Avengers many including myself could tell you that :cwink:

Last edited:
Ill take MOS over Avengers. But I understand that Avengers gets to the point quicker and has a lot of fun for fans. With MOS you don't get to see Clark until about 20 minutes into the movie. And it's bearded Clark on a fishing boat. Then of course a chunk of time is spent on the childhood flashbacks where a different child actor plays him then even for the teenage years with Pa Kent are spent with yet ANOTHER actor who isn't Henry.

I love all that stuff but I can see why some people would rather get lost in Avengers where the known actors in their roles are right in front of their faces and the whole movie is straightforward.

Ill take MOS over Avengers. But I understand that Avengers gets to the point quicker and has a lot of fun for fans. With MOS you don't get to see Clark until about 20 minutes into the movie. And it's bearded Clark on a fishing boat. Then of course a chunk of time is spent on the childhood flashbacks where a different child actor plays him then even for the teenage years with Pa Kent are spent with yet ANOTHER actor who isn't Henry.

I love all that stuff but I can see why some people would rather get lost in Avengers where the known actors in their roles are right in front of their faces and the whole movie is straightforward.
That was my point its an origin movie vs an stablished 6 hero movie :huh: I didn't begin with that comparisson just I clarified the point that not all fans, people loved all the movies.. but some people took it like an argument...

Man I simply don't agree many fans complain, no-fans, also critics.. you're validating my point with your answer not all movies are loved by everyone.. but is not the same GA from the avengers than for example MOS and TDKT... Avengers had some of GA that those DC movies doesn't have that broad.. and also Avengers was the first attempt to put them in the first screen but MOS had to fight with a great movie like Supes I and II.. sooo :cwink:

Nr3lsZG.gif

That was my point its an origin movie vs an stablished 6 hero movie :huh: I didn't begin with that comparisson just I clarified the point that not all fans, people loved all the movies.. but some people took it like an argument...
Right, you can't compare an origin film or solo movie to an established franchise that's putting together a dream team of superheroes. It's like those people who were comparing the box-office success of TDK or TDKR to Avengers.

Ummm...yeah. The same people who watched TDK had a very good chance of watching The Avengers.
Not really. There's certainly an audience for TDK and that trilogy as a whole, that watched those films because they had their feet planted firmly into a more serious crime drama type of genre. Rather than the bulk of comic book movies, sci-fi, "superhero dream teams" or anything that involved alien invasions, superpowers, etc. There's a great amount of people who don't watch ANY comic book movies yet they caught onto TDK-Trilogy because it was like watching some action-drama or a gangster film. Something like that. There's even a lot of filmmaker fans (whether that be of Nolan's or of directing in general) who would throw their nose up at Avengers yet they were interested in what Christopher Nolan, the guy who made Memento, had to say with a 200 million dollar budget.

So no, only a section of the people who saw TDK went on to see Avengers in the cinema automatically. A huge amount but I wouldn't say the majority.

I'm fine, lol.
smth for you.. to cheer you a little bit
images
images
Scarlett_Johansson.jpg
scarlett-johansson-105a.jpg

MAbviXR.jpg

35460_596087310436475_1346826147_n.jpg
Man-of-Steels-Antje-Traue-in-Mode-Magazine3.jpg
36cb.jpg

no need to fight IMO both girls are the sexiest and prettiest worldwide today...

tumblr_mtog486sLU1rvlovyo1_500.gif

love and peace :woot:

Last edited:

Did you just say the pacing of MOS was too SLOW? :woot:

^ As for the ScarJo/Antje pics, make mine Antje :word:

Let's everyone stop projecting our own fan biases on the GA. Yes, as someone who saw Nolan's TDKT (BB 2 times/TDK 2 times/ TDKR 2 times) in theatres along with all the phase one films and Whedon's Avengers (4 times) and paid to see MOS (6 TIMES) I can tell you there actually is a lot of crossover in the audience of these films. It may come as a shock but it is possible to like things that are different from one another.

censorship.gif

BLASPHEMY! All Superhero movies must be the same, and either should have little or no humor, or be showered in it :D

Absolutely. But it's not some automatic thing that every single dark knight viewer went to see Avengers. Believe it or not there's a huge audience for the trilogy that got into them for the reason that they weren't typical to the genre. Meaning the no-superpower element.

Right, you can't compare an origin film or solo movie to an established franchise that's putting together a dream team of superheroes. It's like those people who were comparing the box-office success of TDK or TDKR to Avengers.

Not really. There's certainly an audience for TDK and that trilogy as a whole, that watched those films because they had their feet planted firmly into a more serious crime drama type of genre. Rather than the bulk of comic book movies, sci-fi, "superhero dream teams" or anything that involved alien invasions, superpowers, etc. There's a great amount of people who don't watch ANY comic book movies yet they caught onto TDK-Trilogy because it was like watching some action-drama or a gangster film. Something like that. There's even a lot of filmmaker fans (whether that be of Nolan's or of directing in general) who would throw their nose up at Avengers yet they were interested in what Christopher Nolan, the guy who made Memento, had to say with a 200 million dollar budget.

So no, only a section of the people who saw TDK went on to see Avengers in the cinema automatically. A huge amount but I wouldn't say the majority.

exactly... great post thought:cwink:

Honestly, I'm not sure if superman fans should be happy or confused in knowing that "Man of Steel" is at times compared against to the likes of "TDK" or "The Avengers" at times by fans given that it's only an origin film of a character who's trying to find his place back within the mainstream media after having had such little success on the big screen for 30 years.

I mean you don't see people trying to compare and find faults with the first X-Men film against "The Avengers" or "The Dark Knight", let alone X-Men first class in general, and while people say that they loved the invasion in "The Avengers", others say that they hated the mass destruction in MOS, or enjoyed it, etc.

One way or another, for good or for worse, MOS struck a chord with people imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"