BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about no Goyer writing period?

Thank God Affleck will likely write and direct a Batman spin off.

Get other writers besides Goyer. He's writing ruined Man of Steel IMO

Until he comes out and says "The Flash will be in the Batman/Superman movie" all movie news websites should ignore it.

He said that a MAJOR superhero would make an appearance in a MAJOR 2015 superhero movie and then posted a screenshot from a 2011 Flash script. If you write an article saying "Batman/Superman movie to include Flash cameo?" and it turns out to be wrong, he'll say "I never said that, you assumed!". And if it turns out to be true, he'll say "you heard it here first cool kids!"

@elmayimbe2m
The picture I posed TODAY has nothing to do with what I tweeted last NIGHT which I'm still investigating. Sorry for the confusion

I'm done with Eh Maybe.

Wasn't Black Panther suppose to be in Phase 2? Look how that went.

Eh Maybe is about as reliable as Cosmic Book News.

I'm done with Eh Maybe.

Wasn't Black Panther suppose to be in Phase 2? Look how that went.

Eh Maybe is about as reliable as Cosmic Book News.
That's just not true. Almost every scoop of his has come true. I can only think of a few that didn't pan out. Cosmic is complete b.s.

Until he comes out and says "The Flash will be in the Batman/Superman movie" all movie news websites should ignore it.

He said that a MAJOR superhero would make an appearance in a MAJOR 2015 superhero movie and then posted a screenshot from a 2011 Flash script. If you write an article saying "Batman/Superman movie to include Flash cameo?" and it turns out to be wrong, he'll say "I never said that, you assumed!". And if it turns out to be true, he'll say "you heard it here first cool kids!"

this...people stop worshiping people who give out false information. I've just recently paid attention to this guy and nothing he has said has been true. Believe it when the actual movie news sites post it.

That's just not true. Almost every scoop of his has come true. I can only think of a few that didn't pan out. Cosmic is complete b.s.

Wasn't Bale suppose to be in Justice League and Nolan Godfathering the DCCU?

Eh Maybe said so.

Wasn't Josh Brolin or Gerald Butler gonna be Batman?

Eh Maybe said so.

There are more examples like Black Panther & let's not forget Planet Hulk and World War Hulk for Avengers 3.

Eh Maybe said so.

Eh Maybe said so.

There are more examples like Black Panther & let's not forget Planet Hulk and World War Hulk for Avengers 3.
Josh Brolin scoop was NOT his, that was Jett's from BOF. He only said they were courting Bale not that he was playing batman, Nolan as godfather was however his scoop yes. Planet Hulk was most likely a real thing which may or may not happen now because they were years away. Marvel acted very suspicious after that news was out.

Eh Maybe said so.

Eh Maybe said so.

You can't win them all dude. Being an internet gossip reporter is going to lead you down a few false trails once in awhile. However, El's not in the business of purposely putting out fake stories. Sure, he's not always batting a thousand, but at least he's attempting to report legit information. He's been right far more times than he's been wrong. Cosmic Book News on the other hand is the National Enquirer of superhero movie news. That site should be shut down!

Josh Brolin scoop was NOT his, that was Jett's from BOF. He only said they were courting Bale not that he was playing batman, Nolan as godfather was however his scoop yes. Planet Hulk was most likely a real thing which may or may not happen now because they were years away. Marvel acted very suspicious after that news was out.

Eh Maybe said Brolin was the front runner in his article:

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/contenders-emerge-for-the-goddamn-batman/

And guess what? they DID talk to Brolin about the role. He actually was one of the candidates for the role. So it really wasn't that far off, he might have been their front runner for a little while.

All I'm saying is, talk to me when he has a DC related scoop that's true and will likely happen.

well, darned good thing we aren't talking to you alone then. If you'd rather avoid speculation and only have hard facts then a site like this isn't the place for you.

All I'm saying is, talk to me when he has a DC related scoop that's true and will likely happen.
That link you provided, like I said, was not his scoop, it was Jett's from Batman on Film. He was giving out his opinions on the names that Jett mentioned. Brolin included. Who was a top contender.

Most of his DC scoops have been on point.

@elmayimbe2m
The picture I posed TODAY has nothing to do with what I tweeted last NIGHT which I'm still investigating. Sorry for the confusion

I'll take it as the TV pilot then.

EDIT: Despite its similarities to Goyer's...

Especially if it's coming from Goyer it doesn't make sense that it would be for the tv pilot. Elmayimbe doesn't seem to care for the Flash series so it doesn't make sense for him to go nuts over this stuff and call it huge.

It's for a film. Will it pan out? Maybe not if he's been shown something from 2011. But it could be for a 2016 flash movie. He pretty much just confirmed that it's not from any 2015 movie.

Especially if it's coming from Goyer it doesn't make sense that it would be for the tv pilot. Elmayimbe doesn't seem to care for the Flash series so it doesn't make sense for him to go nuts over this stuff and call it huge.

It's for a film. Will it pan out? Maybe not if he's been shown something from 2011. But it could be for a 2016 flash movie. He pretty much just confirmed that it's not from any 2015 movie.

Then how is that huge news? It's all cryptic and frankly a waste of time at this point.

And I'm not sure how Goyer negates it being for TV... he does have Constantine coming.

The way I remember it, Goyer wrote his Flash script around 2006 and then was off the project by 2007.

I don't want anymore superheroes in Superman/Batman anyway.

Then how is that huge news? It's all cryptic and frankly a waste of time at this point.

And I'm not sure how Goyer negates it being for TV... he does have Constantine coming.
at least it isn't a fan film....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My respect for El May went down when he posted that story about Bale being offered 50 million to reprise the role when the source was that stupid E-book. That just screamed desperation move.

I think he still will have some good scoops from time to time but his batting average is starting to take a noticeable dip IMO. It's just harder for a scoop guy, even one with solid sources, in this age of movie secrecy and disinformation we live in. And when it's such a rat race to break a story, sometimes you end up prematurely reporting something to when talks may be happening but things are in a state of flux.

My respect for El May went down when he posted that story about Bale being offered 50 million to reprise the role when the source was that stupid E-book. That just screamed desperation move.
That was embarrassing. Batman News is just a hobby of mine, I'm supposed to be able to look up to the "big guys". When I saw that article on LR, I immediately posted it too. Then I got a few comments saying "you should read the book". So I paid the $3, read the exact quote and updated my story within minutes. To this day LR hasn't updated their article with any correct information.

Listen we already have Batman & Superman in the film plus rumors with Wonder Woman. Now we have Flash. We are a Green Lantern (well we do have Carol Ferris) and a Martian away from a Justice League in a suppose Superman/Batman team up.

Just write Superman & Batman in the Superman/Batman movie. That makes sense.

That is not how Goyer operates. He likes his movies to have as many characters and as many plot threads as possible. He likes convoluted scripts with millions of characters.

Expect superman, lois lane, and batman to be minimised. See Blade 3 and MoS for examples of Goyer minimising the protagonist, to benefit hannibal king and jor el.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"