Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Feb 25, 2014.
LOL, thanks. I was wondering why mine didn't post right. t:
Michael Rosenbaum was a brilliant Lex.
Ya know that article really does make some great points on the Eisenberg doubters. Its true that Rosenbaum wasn't known for a Lex type role beforehand. Eisenberg deserves a chance to be seen if he can pull it off.
I'm staying optimistic about Jesse, I like everything about him but his voice. Rosenbaum didn't exactly have "the" Lex voice but it still worked well, he did the quiet type of Lex instead of the, "ALIEN this and ALIEN that".
I just can't see Jesse doing either of them, who knows though, he may introduce something else entirely..
Eh from what I saw Rosenbaum was the only decent part of Smallville. I really liked his Wally West on JLU but it doesn't change my opinion on Eisenberg's casting. I like him as an actor in his nerdy roles and I've accepted that he's been cast and I know that won't change now. It just means I'm a lot less excited to see Snyder's interpretation of Luthor.
I still have Gal as Wonder Woman and the Bat Suit to look forward to though. Plus all that stuff about this actually being a sequel to MoS. Also I guess as a silver lining Eisenberg has made me less hesitant to see Affleck in the role.
And now it's Kevin Spacey's turn to give his opinion on Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
It is time to retire some arguments:
1) The Destruction in Metropolis
2) Superman killing
4) Actresses you'd rather have instead of Gal Gadot as WW
5) Movie is overcrowded
6) Actors you'd rather have as Lex
7) WB's "Plan"
8) Actors who'd make better Batmen
9) Movie title: "Vs" vs World's Finest
10) Marvel vs WB/DC
Yes. Those ten should be like the 10 hype MoS sequel thread commandments.
Can we still talk about why Man Bat and Clayface would make good villains in the movie?
I don't see an image.
Well there is one. Whatever firewall you are behind isn't allowing it to come through.
1) The Destruction in Metropolis - its a god damn comic book film, people need to get over this. Infact go pick up most Superman comics from the past twenty years and you'll see citys destroyed.
2) Superman killing - loved it, great twist to have, leaves stuff open for the next film
3) Trunks - they're gone, get over it peeps
4) Actresses you'd rather have instead of Gal Gadot as WW - not really a WW fan so don't have an opinion. Think she'll do a decent job tbh
5) Movie is overcrowded - we know nothing concrete this argument has no merit
6) Actors you'd rather have as Lex - Denzel Washington, Jaquin Phoenix, Matthew McConaughey etc but will give Jesse a chance
7) WB's "Plan" - MOS was the start of the DC Cinematic universe, Superman Batman is the next step, I think its better to just take each step as it comes. The universe will come together in the end.
8) Actors who'd make better Batmen - well I'm happy with Ben Affleck, but wanted either Ryan Gosling (think he'd be perfect) or Rob Kazinsky
9) Movie title: "Vs" vs World's Finest - I'd be happy with just Superman Batman, I certainly don't want Batman vs Superman. I also think Superman should get the lead in the title.
10) Marvel vs WB/DC - it doesn't exist in the movies, WBs don't just make CBMs whereas Marvel studios do. I just enjoy every CBM that I can no matter the studio.
One thing about the trunks. I like the design for Man of Steel and New 52's Superman's suit but at the same time, it feels like it needs something else. It's just all blue from neck to boot. I feel that maybe they could add some red streaks down the line or just something. The red trunks really added color to the suit. I'm fine with the trunks gone but I just think if the trunks are gone, we need to add red somewhere, somehow in the suit.
The Ten SuperheroHype/MOS Commandments.
Clay Face and Man Bat both have super human strength and could hold their own again superman
No they can't. Next!
Your plan has worked brilliantly, roach.
it actually backfired on me
I was being sarcastic. Damn the Internet for not including sarcasm fonts.
I think you're looking for this:
I don't like that icon, so I don't tend to use it. Looks too much like someone with rosacea screaming, "OH SNAP!" which doesn't convey much sarcasm to me.