BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are a lot of things we haven't talked about yet:

This sunday's Oscars is a tribute to heroes and the traveling Oscar museum has the MOS costumes....

ZUlpGh7.jpg

there are a lot of things we haven't talked about yet:

This sunday's Oscars is a tribute to heroes and the traveling Oscar museum has the MOS costumes....

Even more reason to have Ben Affleck come out and present in the new Batsuit! How's that for a big reveal?!

That would be so bad hahah, but what would be cool is at the end of the video montage, they show Affleck in the suit. Or the one that Kevin Smith saw, that may be the one they reveal...which had Batman in the grey/black with Cavill's Superman in the backround.

IMHO, the one with Superman in the background will be the reveal and he'll have the S-curl that will drive fans into a frenzy lol.

No it means I'm close to dying...when you see this movie in the future...make sure to pour out some coke and popcorn in memory of old roach

Why, lord, why do you choose to strike down your loyal servant so close to seeing the realization of his dreams

th

Awww, how sad. I'll even set some milk duds aside in your memory. :storm

[YT]9InUf2IMBFs[/YT]

it's almost a guarantee that we will see Cyborg in Justice League or BvS. The LR report and this video of Cavill all but confirm it.

Dwayne Johnson might be playing Cyborg, and we may be getting Hal Jordan.

Wait Cyborg is in the film played by Dwayne Johnson?

and this is confirmed where?

Agreed. Please confirm this if indeed factual truth. Last i heard it was speculation that Dewayne Johnson has been cast and speculation of a green lantern and cyborg.

There's speculation he's been cast. The speculation as it to being John Stewart is that he is a fan of the character, tweets about him and is black.

The Cyborg rumours come from a casting call that supposedly calls for a young athletic black man, in a recurring role.

Young athletic black man could be Jimmy Olsen.

There's speculation he's been cast. The speculation as it to being John Stewart is that he is a fan of the character, tweets about him and is black.

The Cyborg rumours come from a casting call that supposedly calls for a young athletic black man, in a recurring role.

He's more than just a fan I'd say. Last year a fan tweeted that he'd be perfect for the role of John Stewart, to which Rock tweeted back something along the lines of "funny you should say that."

And the supposed casting call is the perfect reason that Rock isn't Cyborg. The dude is 42, not young at all.

My three concerns coming in as a Batman only fan are simple

1. Affleck's voice if he does the daredevil growl (like when he tells a kid I am not the bad guy) I am ok with that if its like bale's I won't be the happiest

2. Look of the suit

3. Superman fans have driven home the fact that superman is essentialy god he can do anything and can destroy batman with a breath. I want a film that is respectfull to both franchises I want BOTH Batman and Superman fans to walk out on this film thinking "Yes they respected my characters mythology and did a good job of incorporating another characters mythology" And if they do that I might get a ton more interested in Superman.

I mean let me ask Superman fans if this was your film why would Superman need Batman or want to work with Batman?

My three concerns coming in as a Batman only fan are simple

1. Affleck's voice if he does the daredevil growl (like when he tells a kid I am not the bad guy) I am ok with that if its like bale's I won't be the happiest

2. Look of the suit

3. Superman fans have driven home the fact that superman is essentialy god he can do anything and can destroy batman with a breath. I want a film that is respectfull to both franchises I want BOTH Batman and Superman fans to walk out on this film thinking "Yes they respected my characters mythology and did a good job of incorporating another characters mythology" And if they do that I might get a ton more interested in Superman.

I mean let me ask Superman fans if this was your film why would Superman need Batman or want to work with Batman?

Superman can "destroy" Batman with his breath. He doesn't do it because well.....he would't be Superman if he did. Superman's character is all about self control. We saw it in Man of Steel (the bar scene, teenager clark being bullied).
But I get the impression that the only reason why you're interested in this movie is because Batman appears in it.

Superman doesn't really need Batman, Their appearance together in comic books was developped in order to allow us to see DC's two most popular superheroes work together and interract. As much as I like Batman he is a mere mortal but sometimes writers tend to elevate his abilities to the point we can't consider him human anymore.

All in all if they do have a confrontation it SHOULD end in a couple of seconds (or even less) but that would upset a lot of Batman fans. So I think they'll try to appease both fan-bases.

Last edited:
Stan Lee said that when two superheroes fight it's best to end it in a draw to keep the magic alive so to speak. So yes it's true Superman could destroy Batman physically, that's why it's extra important they play up how smart Batman is, so they aren't undermining the significance of either of them.

Or at some point have them stop and reason things like adults :p

It should end like Rocky III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"