BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right about that.

Superman still needs to be fleshed out quite a bit imho because he only became Superman at the end of the film, and I'd hate it if Batman's introduction in this film ruined things for him.

I think people are overlooking Jor-El's message to Kal before his first flight. He mentions "In time" alot. "In time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them, accomplish wonders.."

I think Goyer and Snyder were forshadowing a bit there. Good point, he didnt become Superman until the end so I think those lines above were telling the fans "maybe not now, but next time...."

I just hope that the script is up to the task.

I'm still worried that they may have seriously rushed into production without fully thinking out the problems that people had with MOS and how they should make a better film from it.

I was afraid of this as well... Until Affleck came on board. He wouldn't ruin his ressurected career for a sub par script

People make much about Ben's "career resurrection" but I don't get it. He was already an Oscar winner, plus he had THE TOWN, GONE BABY..., COMPANY MEN ect. under his belt before ARGO. His career was doing just fine before the Best Picture win.

Ben definitely hit a rough patch in his career during the early 00s. Even he will admit that, and it's a touchy subject for him. Hence his "you get knocked down but you get up again" acceptance speech at the Oscars.

But when people refer to his career resurgence it's not specifically referring to the Oscar win, more just like Ben Affleck-post directing career. It caused people to see him in a new light.

I don't think Affleck assures us that the script is great. They all usually say the same thing. They hear a pitch for a story and it sounds great. It's going to be incredible.

I don't think they're rushing things. They had plenty of time for the MOS script and fans have been very critical of it. Goyer wrote Batman Begins in 7 weeks. I think it was his best script. Maybe being under the gun is a good thing.

I was afraid of this as well... Until Affleck came on board. He wouldn't ruin his ressurected career for a sub par script

I think Affleck is a great choice.

But that doesn't mean it won't have a sub par script. Look at Runner Runner; he agreed to that film.

Unless I see Affleck's name on the credits as one of this film's screenwriters, all I will expect from him is to do the best with what he has to work with.

Can't blame the man for a ****** script unless he himself had a hand in it.

I would like to think that Ben would be really discerning about the projects he chooses given that he's such a talented writer and director but sadly that has never been his strong suit as an actor, as he's always had a knack for picking some rotten ones. I'm sure a nice dose of bad luck has factored into that too of course.

As a writer, Affleck's biggest influence may be during filming when he could offer some input as they work out some issues involving a particular scene. Otherwise, his biggest impact will be as an actor, not a screenwriter.

Having Affleck means nothing in terms of this movies writing. He is still prone to do a bad flick, from what the critics say about his recent movies.

I wonder if the script is even close to finished. I'm sure there's plenty of ideas, storyboards and concept art already, that's all the kind of stuff Goyer/Snyder are good at. And I'm absolutely sure that's the kind of stuff that would have swayed Affleck.

I wonder if the script is even close to finished. I'm sure there's plenty of ideas, storyboards and concept art already, that's all the kind of stuff Goyer/Snyder are good at. And I'm absolutely sure that's the kind of stuff that would have swayed Affleck.

Considering they supposedly approached Affleck earlier in the year and Goyer is quoted as saying they are further along than people think, I would think they at least have one completed draft.

if the rumors are to be believed Cavill received his copy of the script this past weekend.

Given the amount of post-production time MOS had I always figured that Snyder and Goyer had a lot of things mapped out for the follow up movie(s).

I'd imagine that Affleck would primarily help out with the characterizations and dialogue, not necessarily the overall plot.

With a good director an actor can have a lot to say about their character.

Anyone thinking ben won't have an effect on the dialog or script is nuts.

See Star Wars 1,2,3 vs 4,5,6

Difference in dialog, people that would tell Lucas that sucks such as Harrison Ford. Ben will have a huge effect on the script even if his name is never one it.

Given the amount of post-production time MOS had I always figured that Snyder and Goyer had a lot of things mapped out for the follow up movie(s).

Considering that Ben was offered BVS at the start of this year, and offered JLA (in the director seat too) as far back as last year, I'd guarantee that Snyder and Goyer have had things mapped out for a while.

Anyone thinking ben won't have an effect on the dialog or script is nuts.

See Star Wars 1,2,3 vs 4,5,6

Difference in dialog, people that would tell Lucas that sucks such as Harrison Ford. Ben will have a huge effect on the script even if his name is never one it.

Well Lucas only wrote Episode IV on his own. He didn't write Empire and co-wrote Jedi with Kasdan.

And it's no coincidence that Empire is widely considered to be the best and that Jedi had the Ewoks.

Jedi had the ewoks (whichs kids loved) because they could not afford to do the wookie homeworld.

Ben Affleck comes with absolutely no guarantees on the script. None. He will not have any input, and if he was going to you can bet the WB would use that as a marketing tool and make a very big deal about it.

This was the same assumption made when Nolan was announced as "godfather" of the new Superman movie. And we all know what happened. Nolan did have say in the script. We know that he at least spent 2 - 3 months outlining the story with Goyer, by Goyer's own admission. I have no delusions that he did any writing on the screenplay, but as a producer Nolan at least saw the many iterations of the script and had input. And still, we got what we got.

Who's saying they're making adjustments to Superman's suit? If it's CBM then forget that crap. I don't really see what they can do to change it. Maybe enhance the blue a little more, but I love the suit the way it is.

As for Batman's, im still geek-praying for the grey & black colors. Nothing else.
Seconded.. only a little more bright that's all

I just hope that the script is up to the task.

I'm still worried that they may have seriously rushed into production without fully thinking out the problems that people had with MOS and how they should make a better film from it.
IMO they were working on this long time and will have a good hand in writting aspect that could make the plot even more greater than MOS was.. not all people thought that way and to those they thought that was with no base IMO cause there were too much characters and were great developed for what was the movie an origin.. and the main character SUPERMAN was fully developed in terms of origin, his background and preparing the character to be the one we all know (knowing his mistakes, his feelings before showing to the world) the other ones were developed the necessary, ready to evolve, I mean the first step was there and then we need more character development cause the origin is there now and we have to wait and see how this new dcuniverse is constructed :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"