All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]478155[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]477995[/split]

3. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Having low expectations might help. I put the movie just a shade over my grade for SM3, but that's only because I'm still bitter over what they did to Venom.

4. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Sometimes that's the best way to go into these things. I actually went into MOS with low expectations because of the bashing it was taking from some critics and I ended up absolutely loving it.

I also went into Green Lantern expecting it to suck because of how it got panned by critics and fans and... well, I didn't hate it.

5. Charlatan

Charlatan Well-Known Member

Watched MoS again last night. I still only have one huge complaint about it and that's Pa Kent's death. That was just dumb how they did that. Also I'm more sure than ever that Clark's blood/DNA will be salvaged from the wreckage (somehow not everything got sucked into the singularity) and used by Lex.

6. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

They could have handled that scene better.

7. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Yeah, the one scene in MOS that bugs me is the Pa Kent death scene. Cavill and Costner do a great job there in terms of acting, but Clark letting his dad die like that is troubling to watch.

8. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't have a problem with that scene.

9. Charlatan

Charlatan Well-Known Member

he should have let Clark get the dog. he could have done it way before the tornado hit and not been in any danger at all of risking his secret. I get that they wanted it to be this huge sacrifice and much more emotional than a simple heart attack. but for the dog? Clark could have simply ran there at normal speed, got the dog and ran back. or did it at super speed and no one would have even seen it. everyone was running for their lives anyway.

10. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Infinity

Yup, that's probably the worst scene in MOS.

11. shallbecomeabat

shallbecomeabat Yes, father...

I even REALLY like that scene, to be honest. He was around 16 so he trusted him, until its too late. I get why people have a problem with it though.

And about Amazing Spidey 2... I really liked the movie. Sure, it was hammy in parts, but it had the same strengths like the first one: the relationships between Peter and Gwen/May. Those scenes were really good. I also liked the action.
    Only real problem was that its overstuffed with characters. Why the heck did they feel the need to shoehorn Felicia Hardy in there for 2 scenes???
    Also the villains were kinda dumb, or at least used in a dumb way, but thats a problem I had with almost all Spidey movies (except Raimi Spidey 2).
    Also, Green Goblin gets the full Venom treatment straight out of Spiderman 3. its a shame.
    But again, the positive stuff still made it a fun night at the movies. The love story stuff was the best of the entire movie though and if thats not your cuppa tea than you will be dissappointed. My girlfriend liked it a lot because of the love story. She even says its her favorite Spidey film thus far, but she never was a big fan before.

12. STARMAN

I know the list of reasons why people have a problem with the scene. They're valid. But personally, it didn't bother me. Ironically, I was disappointed in certain scenes that people have no problem with.

13. Fizicks

Fizicks Well-Known Member

Yeah, that scene didn't bother me all that much either. Sure, in hindsight it seemed very stupid for Pa Kent to go get the dog instead of sending Clark. But yea, like I said, in hindsight. Parents are always protective of their children and want them to get to safety first. And people don't always make the smartest/best decisions in urgent and dangerous situations.

14. roach

roach I am the night

I think it's because people assume that Jonathan Kent knew all of Clark's abilities. If he is telling his son to keep his powers a secret there is a possibility that he doesn't know everything Clark can do. It is reasonable to think that he thought Clark could die from the tornado.

15. STARMAN

As for the next movie, I'm surprised we haven't already learned what buildings are being used for Lex Corp and Wayne Tower. Last time we already knew about the Chicago Board of Trade and Willis Tower before they started filming.

16. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

They might be CGI.

17. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Me too.

Are there any major building's/ skyscrapers in Detroit that can stand in for either LexCorp or Wayne Enterprise's?

18. Pickleweasel

Pickleweasel Well-Known Member

There's plenty, the GM one is pretty cool

19. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Oh yeah I forgot about GM.:funny:

[​IMG]

20. LEVITIKUZ

LEVITIKUZ Well-Known Member

I watched Man of Steel again. Now I never liked the idea of Superman killing Zod. When I saw that, I thought of the defense that "Superman killing Zod will give him a no killing rule".

I thought how stupid that sounds. He kills a man and then decides to have a no killing rule. That's like Batman shooting Joker in the face, killing him and that's why he has the "no guns, no killing" rule.

21. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

I've heard Amazing 2 referred to as "Shumacherian".

22. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

From the defenders have said, Superman decides whether to spare or end on a case-by-case basis in the comics. On a disconnected note, I third the dcision to select the GM Building.

23. golfguy22

golfguy22 Well-Known Member

Extreme exagerration

24. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Clark could have easily saved the dog without anyone noticing. Clark was on his way there just like Jonathan. So people would have seen him near the car, he snatches the dog, and then flies away on the other side where nobody can see. Through the field.

I mean, it's so obvious now when i watch it. Goyer and Snyder give me a headache sometimes. But yes, it was well-acted by Cavill and Costner.

25. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

It's total Shumacher. Only thing stopping it is the chemistry of the real-life couple that is Garfield and Stone. And some things that happen between them towards the end of the movie. Everything else is Shumacher. No exaggeration. Not Batman & Robin level, but certainly Batman Forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.