BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's referring to this one -- another fan made costume on eBay:

$_57.JPG

I remember seeing that and posting it weeks ago. Looked legit at first but debunked pretty fast. Nice attempted cosplay for sure.

That's faker than Kim Kardashian.

That is not Batfleck's suit.

Anyone else think that it would be pretty interesting if, for symbolic gestures as well, Batman was the one that destroyed the Statue (like how Gordon destroyed the Bat-Signal)? Or would you guys prefer it to be Lex that did it?

Well, we don't know when the statue would be built, but if it's already there during the events of BvS, I think it would be more fitting for Lex to destroy it than Batman. Lex hates superman and wants to see him suffer. I wouldn't put it above him to destroy it if he could. He would think it's offensive that humanity would build a statue to honor an alien that was born with its genetic gifts. But batman is not that petty or disrespectful. If batman acts against supes, it would be for a more noble reason than hate and hate is the kind of thing that would lead someone to smash a statue in honor of someone.

He's referring to this one -- another fan made costume on eBay:

$_57.JPG

Why didn't he just post the picture instead of teasing everyone as if he knew something that no on else did? Would have saved us a bunch of time... Even I saw that a few days ago.

If its true and the new movie only takes place a year later, it would be odd if they have built a statue to honor Superman. Wouldnt rebuilding the city take more importance before honoring somebody with a statue first?

Why didn't he just post the picture instead of teasing everyone as if he knew something that no on else did? Would have saved us a bunch of time... Even I saw that a few days ago.

I'll give you one guess....make it a good one

If its true and the new movie only takes place a year later, it would be odd if they have built a statue to honor Superman. Wouldnt rebuilding the city take more importance before honoring somebody with a statue first?

Superman could rebuild that city in less than a week....

Well, we don't know when the statue would be built, but if it's already there during the events of BvS, I think it would be more fitting for Lex to destroy it than Batman. Lex hates superman and wants to see him suffer. I wouldn't put it above him to destroy it if he could. He would think it's offensive that humanity would build a statue to honor an alien that was born with its genetic gifts. But batman is not that petty or disrespectful. If batman acts against supes, it would be for a more noble reason than hate and hate is the kind of thing that would lead someone to smash a statue in honor of someone.

True, though what would you think of a scenario that involved Batman being involuntarily responsible for the statue getting destroyed....perhaps in the line of crossfire...as a result of Lex's schemes?

I still can't believe that they're going to be in Detroit for so long. Well, the more on-set locations, the better it'll look on screen imho.

Superman could rebuild that city in less than a week....

If its so easy for a city to be rebuilt (like within a week) then why worry about the city being destroyed in the first place?

True, though what would you think of a scenario that involved Batman being involuntarily responsible for the statue getting destroyed....perhaps in the line of crossfire...as a result of Lex's schemes?

I still can't believe that they're going to be in Detroit for so long. Well, the more on-set locations, the better it'll look on screen imho.

That would be an interesting scenario. I suspect batman may be responsible for more of superman's struggles in BvS than he planned to be. He may get caught up in some scheme that goes in a direction he didn't plan on thanks to Luthor. Feeling remorse for such things could be part of his arc and I would think he'd feel bad about wrecking the statue if was his fault.

I just hope we get some spy photos with all this shooting.

If its so easy for a city to be rebuilt (like within a week) then why worry about the city being destroyed in the first place?

...Not everything can be rebuilt, human beings included.

I'm not. Who said anything about being worried? People are just pissed that it happened at all. With Superman's superior intellect and speed he can rebuild the entire city in no time flat. And if Lex steps up and says he will pay for the materials that could be his in to get close to Superman. Be nice to his face but crooked behind his back

I think it just gets taken out in a battle and no one is actually "responsible" for it. "Crossfire", as you say...

However, if the story calls for someone destroying it, then it would have to be Lex.

I'm not. Who said anything about being worried? People are just pissed that it happened at all. With Superman's superior intellect and speed he can rebuild the entire city in no time flat. And if Lex steps up and says he will pay for the materials that could be his in to get close to Superman. Be nice to his face but crooked behind his back

I was asking in the wider-context - that if the resulting destruction can be repaired so easily, then when cities get destroyed the impact of the city being destroyed in the first place is weakened. It should be a major event, re-building would take a lot of time - sure, it would be good to see Superman helping out in that context (since it was his own race that destroyed the city in the first place) but also to show Superman in action using his various powers (which are still untested to a large extent and which need to be explored - testing his limits was after all, a major theme from the first film.)

That would be an interesting scenario. I suspect batman may be responsible for more of superman's struggles in BvS than he planned to be. He may get caught up in some scheme that goes in a direction he didn't plan on thanks to Luthor. Feeling remorse for such things could be part of his arc and I would think he'd feel bad about wrecking the statue if was his fault.

I just hope we get some spy photos with all this shooting.

I think we can pretty much count on that. Can't we? Now that people know where that place is, I can see it being bombarded with curious onlookers, all snapping away with their phones and cameras.

That's faker than Kim Kardashian.

That is not Batfleck's suit.

Yeah, it was made from an existing sculpture based on the Arkham games. Someone just added the new motif/emblem from the Batfleck costume and put it on eBay.

I was asking in the wider-context - that if the resulting destruction can be repaired so easily, then when cities get destroyed the impact of the city being destroyed in the first place is weakened. It should be a major event, re-building would take a lot of time - sure, it would be good to see Superman helping out in that context (since it was his own race that destroyed the city in the first place) but also to show Superman in action using his various powers (which are still untested to a large extent and which need to be explored - testing his limits was after all, a major theme from the first film.)

Basically what was destroyed was a small city block. The larger the destruction area the more time it would take Superman to assist in the rebuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"