Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Nov 10, 2013.
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]468167[/split]
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]468031[/split]
no one knows for sure
The talk of the new female role began in early September. Earlier in the summer an executive was asked about Wonder Woman. Which is where this begins: (Trade reporting websites > general movie websites > fanboy websites)
WB on Wonder Woman:
● ..."We have to get her right, we have to. She is such an icon for both genders and all ages and for people who love the original TV show and people who read the comics now. I think one of the biggest challenges at the company is getting that right on any size screen. The reasons why are probably pretty subjective: She doesn't have the single, clear, compelling story that everyone knows and recognizes. There are lots of facets to Wonder Woman, and I think the key is, how do you get the right facet for that right medium? What you do in TV has to be different than what you do in features. She has been, since I started, one of the top three priorities for DC and for Warner Bros. We are still trying right now, but she's tricky."... [The Hollywood Reporter]
● ...DC Comics writer Grant Morrison suggests that there isn't anything wrong with Wonder Woman -- but with executives who have 'just convinced themselves' that she could never work onscreen... / ...it's not the best time to be a Wonder Woman fan, it seems. Not only has the character been continually passed over when it comes to a big-screen debut -- with the news that 2015 will bring a Superman/Batman clash instead of the anticipated Justice League movie that would, presumably, have featured her prominently -- but now it turns out that Amazon, The CW series that would retell her origins, Smallville-style, has been put on pause indefinitely. Is Wonder Woman just cursed when it comes to breaking out from the comic medium?... [The Hollywood Reporter]
● ...Tsujihara said that the lack of superhero movies other than the Superman and Batman franchises had been a missed opportunity, but added that the studio had huge plans for a number of other DC properties on TV. Perhaps one hint in that direction: We need to get Wonder Woman on the big screen or TV.... [The Hollywood Reporter]
New major female role in new Batman and Superman movie:
● ...the "tall woman" Warner Bros. wants for Batman's love interest... [The Wrap's Jeff Sneider]
● ...Batman Gets A Love Interest in Man Of Steel 2...′ / ...late 20s and are open to all ethnicities... / ...both tall and possesses physicality... [Latino Review]
● ...discussion in some agencies who have been submitting actors for this role is that theyre sending up candidates for the role of Wonder Woman. They dont know that its her, its just become their expectation, or at least a rumour thats coloured their conception... / ...cant imagine many other female roles would be such a closely guarded secret. Though I guess its possible that this mystery role is the new villain... / ...pitched to agencies as a lead... [Bleeding Cool]
● ...Alexander went on to say followed that up by saying her confidence in Afflecks casting is bolstered by the fact he is so suited for the particular Batman portrayal in the film and her reason for that certainty is, as she put it, she kind of knows the story line for that movie.... [Forbes contributor]
● ...we had Jaimie Alexander as a special guest. She was our moderator, actually... / ...she revealed that she has been talking to DC, that she knows the story of Batman Vs. Superman so I'll let you guys put two and two together. And, I'm not gonna give anything terribly close away. But, if you guys think what she said onstage was pretty cool, about, you know, the fact that she's talked to DC and that she knows the story of Batman Vs. Superman...it ain't nothin' to what she told me offstage. But I can't tell you what she told me offstage. So I'm just gonna leave it at that... [AMC Mail Bag]
● ...sorry bros, it aint [Wonder Woman]... / ...according to sources who work in talent for a living, they all unanimously agree that the role is a love interest for Bruce Wayne... / ...Now that one of the four finalists has been revealed, I wonder who the other three are? We will soon find out I guess... [Latino Review]
Kurylenko - French, born in the Ukraine / Gadot - Israeli / Yung - French, also of Asian/Cambodian descent
● ...Olga Kurylenko is testing for the Wonder Woman role... / ...Im calling it Wonder Woman WILL be in the next Superman/Batman movie though who knows if its a cameo or a more substantial role... [Schmoes Know]
● ...I have heard from numerous reliable sources that Wonder Woman seems likely to appear in at least a cameo role... [Forbes contributer]
● ...sources tell Variety that Fast and Furious actress Gal Gadot, G.I. Joe: Retaliation thesp Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko have or will test for the female lead, which appears to be the role of Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman. Sources stress theres still a possibility this role could be Bruce Waynes love interest, but the casting description of tall, brunette, athletic and exotic also matches that of the Wonder Woman character in the comics... / ...but Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) ... said to be locks to make an appearance in some fashion, whether thats a significant role or a cameo... [Variety]
● ...Wonder Woman will not be in Supes vs Batman. But a certain Diana may show up. And I'm pretty confident these tests are not for WW, who will have a minor minor role... [The Hollywood Reporter's Borys Kit]
Ben Affleck and Olga Kurylenko in To The Wonder
● ...female lead, who is expected to serve as a love interest for Batman... / ...Olga Kurylenko is the frontrunner... / ...unclear whether the coveted role is that of Wonder Woman or her alter ego Diana Prince, who is expected to make a brief appearance... [The Wrap]
● ...Theres an ever increasing list of name characters being associated with this picture. Theres still a few that havent been mentioned in the trades as yet, and which
folk are sitting on. Im trying to verify a few facts and, if I can, Ill bring word to you here. I dont want to take a punt on what might just be misinformation and tattle, but I will say that a good number of character names are going round, both male and female, clad in black rubber, red cape or green hood. All sorts of folk, as yet unverified... [Bleeding Cool]
● ...FREE TWITTER SCOOP! Word on the street is that Israeli stunner GAL GADOT is the front runner for "female role" in BATMAN VS SUPERMAN... [Latino Review's Umberto González]
Wonder Woman, Talia, other mystery role, or 2 separate actresses/roles
Why is it that people think the female lead is Batman's love interest or Wonder Woman, never both?
IMO, its quite clear that Princess Diana a.k.a. Wonder Woman, as her 'Diana Prince' alter ego, will appear in this film as the love interest to Bruce.
I really hope that isn't the case. That relationship makes Batman look like a damsel in distress way too often.
I thing that get me is that latino review was the first to say that they were/are looking for a female lead and that was a love interest, has anyone actually asked him if he got that from a source or just presumed that was the case. I can see Diana looking like a love interest to the public when Bruce is Bruce and not Batman, but it being a friendship. If they are the same character, Diana will not be a love interest, thats for sure.
I always got the feeling that Diana would be more attracted to Thor/Cap or even Logan than Clark/Bruce if the universes had merged.
Wonder Woman has no place in this film. Not hating but she doesnt.
Nightwing makes sense.
Maybe Talia. Ra's could be involved with Lex.
Interesting considering you don't know the first thing about the story outside of the title and continuity
Logic has no place in this thread
is it wrong to say you have no place here, and you should go back to cbm? (im joking of course)
nothing can really make sense, since we know nothing other than batman and superman are going to be in a movie together.
Just like Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye had no place in the Avengers films and just like Han and Leia's kids have no place in the next Star Wars films right?
well Hulk was a founding member of the Avengers
That's kind of rage-inducing. Your comment, not the actual thought of Batman needing to be rescued. The comic gods forbid the idea of Batman needing to be rescued, let alone rescued by a woman. Am I right?
I wish people would let these characters be characters instead of coming up with a laundry list of "Batman can't be this" or "Superman has to be like this"
Some of us are more interested in seeing a focused movie that nails clark, lois, lex than in seeing an avengers-style fanfiction orgy with a ton of characters.
Even though ever rumor has said these characters are cameos?
These threads are just mind numbing sometimes.
Going around and around and around in circles.....and around again it seems like....
i don't know. if this nightwing rumor pans out i think it's a waste to bring him in to this movie. save him for the affleck starring/directed batman movies. bring in the bat family then. or maybe nightwing is just a quick cameo.
just a cameo
I think this film has disaster written all over it. I'm sorry but the I don't think the time was right to have Batman and Superman together. I think adding more characters to the mix will only weight the film down even more then it all ready has. This film is starting to feel like a Batman film more then a Superman film.
They are rushing to get to a Justice League movie. They need to establish other characters origins first. There is plenty of time to team Batman and Superman. Give Superman time to spread his wings and develop other DC characters first then team the two up and lead in to a Justice League. They need to stop trying to compete with Marvel and do there own thing and take there time. Marvel is all ready head of them in the game and there is nothing they can do about that. They need to focus on individual characters for the time being and then move in to Justice League movie. I would say do a Batman Superman film right before Justice League.
So you want them to do their own thing and not copy Marvel
but you want them to establish everyone in solo films before JL
just like Marvel???
The fannish entitlements continue to amaze me.
It gets silly, especially all the caterwauling about the vague and sometimes contradictory rumors floating around.
That is what they are doing.
You think they should do one thing, and the people in the movie business are going to do something that probably isnt that (even though so far we have no idea what it is going to be so I dont know how you know they are rushing or not planning on developing other characters or whatever). Let the movie people do their jobs.