All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
only 6 months left

pmgoupA.gif

how did I miss this?

Saw this yesterday it was pretty sweet.

^ I thought I was the only one.

For some reason i couldn't post the full article on here but here's Patty talking about WW

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...emale-heroine-vulnerable-but-not-lesser-any-w

I met with Warner Bros. right after I made Monster [her only previous feature, the indie hit] more than 10 years ago, and I said, “I want to make Wonder Woman.” I’ve always been moved by the idea of movies that are personal but still have a huge reach. Superman had that effect on me when I was a kid — it rocked my world. That kind of movie was always the brass ring of what I wanted to do with my career.

Because of my love of Wonder Woman and the genre, I felt this project was absolutely the right thing for me to do, though I definitely knew what I was taking on — that there’s a huge amount of responsibility that comes with it. I knew just making a movie about Wonder Woman for the first time was going to matter to people and what I was stepping into with that.

Our film really draws from the original [1940s] Wonder Woman comic book by William Moulton Marston. The goal was to tap into what always spoke to me about her — to honor who she was, her legacy, and to make her as universal as she was to all of us little girls who ran around pretending to be Lynda Carter when we were kids. Wonder Woman is the grand universal female hero who didn’t have to be lesser in any way. She wasn’t less powerful, she wasn’t less of a woman. She’s as beautiful as any woman and as strong as any man. That, to me, is so enduring. There have been so few female characters like that — who weren’t small, niche characters or sidekicks. She’s a full-blown superhero who lives up to all of your dreams in every way.

It also was important to me to make sure she was as vulnerable, loving and warm as she should be. It’s important for her to be multidimensional.

It’s been incredible to make something about a superhero that stands for a message of fighting for a loving, thoughtful government, especially in this current climate. It’s been a special process to make something with the beautiful message that it’s difficult to be a hero and stay kind and thoughtful in everything that you do. There’s going to be a lot of conversation about her being a woman in these times, but I think the greatest part about the character is that she’s so much bigger than all of that

I'm goin on vacay!

Happy holidays you bald bastahs and hoping this film is good.

NtRWxzj.gif

Helps break the same routine posts

I met with Warner Bros. right after I made Monster [her only previous feature, the indie hit] more than 10 years ago, and I said, “I want to make Wonder Woman.” I’ve always been moved by the idea of movies that are personal but still have a huge reach. Superman had that effect on me when I was a kid — it rocked my world. That kind of movie was always the brass ring of what I wanted to do with my career.

Everything there sounds and feels promising and Jenkins at least seems to get the essence of what makes Diana so appealing to people, particularly to girls...I just hope that it's not just fluff and that this is a solid film with a solid script. Trailers can't do it justice because if anything, Warner Bros knows how to make a great trailer.

This feels like a passion project and love letter to Wonder Woman of old...but then Superman Returns was Bryan Singer's love letter to the Superman of old as well. I'm cautiously optimistic, to get to my point, but Warner Bros has proven us wrong before. Jenkins isn't Snyder, but neither was David Ayer.

Little update:

Couple of test screenings rumors. One said that Wonder Woman had a positive reaction and one said it had a negative reaction.

Negative: "I heard last night that this is in REALLY rough shape. There was a screening at Warner Bros., and when the lights came up and a general "What'd you think?" question was asked, a lot of people groaned"

Same poster who said it was negative, said in october 2015 that Batman V Superman is testing lower than Batman and Robin.

October 2015: "Rumor brewing that Batman V Superman is a disaster, with test screening numbers coming in lower than Batman & Robin. Not sure what will come of this, but studios are bulking up their March releases, confident that Warner Bros.'s title will quickly collapse after opening weekend".

Last edited:
What did the positive say? Wonder Woman needs to be s hit and be a good movie so hearing that it's in rough shape is disheartening.

What did the positive say? Wonder Woman needs to be s hit and be a good movie so hearing that it's in rough shape is disheartening.

Positive is less detailed and from a different guy who I'm not familiar with. Just that people loved it.

And...any attribution to these so-called 'screenings' rumors? Otherwise, this is about as credible as those Reddit DCEU posts.

And...any attribution to these so-called 'screenings' rumors? Otherwise, this is about as credible as those Reddit DCEU posts.

He's respected there and gave a lot of inside info over the years.. pretty much it.

And by now I'm pretty sure the rumors are true. That letter few months ago, justine larbalestier and MrSyndayMovies all said they're hearing bad-bad things about the movie.

I was questioning every rumor about BvS and SS, but no more.

BvS was never tested with audiences, i know that for a fact. It was on the WB lot though

That being said, every DC movie going to be labeled as "Bad" months before it comes out from now on because of the BvS and SS. We're just gonna have to wait until it comes out to see if it's true or not

He's respected there and gave a lot of inside info over the years.. pretty much it.

And by now I'm pretty sure the rumors are true. That letter few months ago, justine larbalestier and MrSyndayMovies all said they're hearing bad-bad things about the movie.

I was questioning every rumor about BvS and SS, but no more.

Do you have links for this?

Last edited:
BvS was never tested with audiences, i know that for a fact. It was on the WB lot though

That being said, every DC movie going to be labeled as "Bad" months before it comes out because of the BvS and SS. We're just gonna have to wait until it comes out to see if it's true or not

Do you have links for this?

Justine deleted her tweet after fans cursed her, but she said that her friend worked on the movie and.. It's ****e and the trailer is misleading.

And MrSundayMovies said it in one of The Weekly Planet podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"