All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little update:

Couple of test screenings rumors. One said that Wonder Woman had a positive reaction and one said it had a negative reaction.

Negative: "I heard last night that this is in REALLY rough shape. There was a screening at Warner Bros., and when the lights came up and a general "What'd you think?" question was asked, a lot of people groaned"

Same poster who said it was negative, said in october 2015 that Batman V Superman is testing lower than Batman and Robin.

October 2015: "Rumor brewing that Batman V Superman is a disaster, with test screening numbers coming in lower than Batman & Robin. Not sure what will come of this, but studios are bulking up their March releases, confident that Warner Bros.'s title will quickly collapse after opening weekend".

I googled that negative quote, and it seems to be originating from here, so basically a poster like us on a fan forum, not even a reporter/journalist/insider, and its dated July,2016. Just after the positively received WW trailer. Quite convenient. I also its nearly impossible to believe that unless its the director/producer/WB higherups they would see any version of the WW film A YEAR before its released.

Debunked.

They have a very big reason to lie make stuff up. Attention. Thats the state of blogging/journalism today. Everyone wants ATTENTION and clicks.

Unless you provide us the links of people who have been giving us these "reports" and unless these are credible people, its as reliable as some guy who sits in his mom's basement writing leaks on reddit.

You know the user Roach from this forum, right? Trust&respect him by now? So the guy I'm quoting is like the 'Roach' of that forum.

I googled that negative quote, and it seems to be originating from here, so basically a poster like us on a fan forum, not even a reporter/journalist/insider, and its dated July,2016. Just after the positively received WW trailer. Quite convenient. I also its nearly impossible to believe that unless its the director/producer/WB higherups they would see any version of the WW film A YEAR before its released.

Debunked.

Nah-ah. He said it again in NOV. He heard about more screenings.

You know the user Roach from this forum, right? Trust&respect him by now? So the guy I'm quoting is like the 'Roach' of that forum.

He may be. But you just cant take the word of these people and consider them the truth.

Nah-ah. He said it again in NOV. He heard about more screenings.

So? He has been saying it from July and possibly before that. That clearly shows he is making it up. No way they are doing screenings of the movie A YEAR before the movie realeases and a month or two after they wrap shooting. Its just not possible. Sorry but this is very hard to believe.

You seem to know a lot about the postings of person that you're apparently and most certainly not.

You seem to know a lot about the postings of person that you're apparently and most certainly not.

You talking to me mate?

Edit: Obviously not, I misread it. Sorry.

Last edited:
idiot09 is the best at kicking up dust. Keeps everyone on their toes.

He may be. But you just cant take the word of these people and consider them the truth.

So? He has been saying it from July and possibly before that. That clearly shows he is making it up. No way they are doing screenings of the movie A YEAR before the movie realeases and a month or two after they wrap shooting. Its just not possible. Sorry but this is very hard to believe.

And when a user is there for 12 years and people are not writing him off and even say "FFS" about rumors you know he's legit.

POTC5 had a screening in May 2016 and it will be out in May 2017. Your point?
"IT" wrapped two months ago and there is a screening three days from now.
And there are countless more if you want.

Say my name three times and I pop up.

I'll put my ear to the ground and find out if this is true. I haven't heard of any test screenings.

I will say this. The WW movie wrapped in May. This screening took place in July. I doubt they had a screening version ready to go that quickly.

And when a user is there for 12 years and people are not writing him off and even say "FFS" about rumors you know he's legit.

POTC5 had a screening in May 2016 and it will be out in May 2017. Your point?
"IT" wrapped two months ago and there is a screening three days from now.
And there are countless more if you want.

Are you seriously comparing a small film "IT" with a multimillion dollar blockbuster franchise movie with tons and tons of vfx work like WW ? Okay.

And POTC 5 wrapped filming a year back, i.e in July 2015 getting more than 11 months for post production for it to apparently screen in May(which Im not sure happened, but lets assume it did, and even if it did, it had 11 months for post production which is more than enough for a screening, i.e much much much more than WW).

Dude, to claim WW, a $100M+ production with tons of vfx work, was apparently already being screened to people other than the director/producers/Wb higherups less than 2months after its wraps shooting, is laughable. So lets treat word from a random forum member, just as that. Rumors.

I'll put my ear to the ground and find out if this is true. I haven't heard of any test screenings.

I will say this. The WW movie wrapped in May. This screening took place in July. I doubt they had a screening version ready to go that quickly.

The guy posting below that guy said he had been saying the negative stuff way before July("a few months ago), implying the screening took place even before. Riiight.

aXO9WJ4.png

Lol. Sure. Hope you'll find something to report. Thx.

Are you seriously comparing a small film "IT" with a multimillion dollar blockbuster franchise movie with tons and tons of vfx work like WW ? Okay.

And POTC 5 wrapped filming a year back, i.e in July 2015 getting more than 11 months for post production for it to apparently screen in May(which Im not sure happened, but lets assume it did, and even if it did, it had 11 months for post production which is more than enough for a screening, i.e much much much more than WW).

Dude, to claim WW, a $100M+ production with tons of vfx work, was apparently already being screened to people other than the director/producers/Wb higherups less than 2months after its wraps shooting, is laughable. So lets treat word from a random forum member, just as that. Rumors.

Here's an informative post I remember reading.

"By and large, those tests are s raving a dual purpose: find out creative problems and attempt to resolve them prior to release, and discover marketing options and demographics. The production team is actively seeking information that may help them market the film on release.
Additionally, there are endless test screenings before that test screening. These are typically more ad-hoc and informal- screenings with advisors, mentors, friends, and other parties who might have valuable feedback during the editing process. These are the screenings that produce the biggest changes, as the edit itself is in process and can be greatly influenced.
It all depends on the production, the studio or production house, and what their marketing schedule is.
For marketing test screenings, you may have them 1-4 weeks ahead of release. Pretty quick turn around.
If you're looking at a fine cut and giving feedback, as this post suggests, that can be anywhere from 2-6 months ahead of intended release for typical films. Sometimes up to a year. A major film with a huge workload of SFX will go in to test screenings even before the wrap of production, such as happened with World War Z; the goal being to ensure that they aren't going to waste huge amounts of money on SFX that are in scenes they'll want to cut. World War Z, however, had another problem: they learned that audiences hated the entire last third of the film, so they decided to reshoot it entirely."

I remember reading about a WW test screening that had graphic models in the fight scenes, so here you go

The guy posting below that guy said he had been saying the negative stuff way before July("a few months ago), implying the screening took place even before. Riiight.

aXO9WJ4.png

Umm.. The guy posting below the guy? That's from Nov, not july. The date on the forum is below the picture and it says Nov 3.

Here's an informative post I remember reading.

"By and large, those tests are s raving a dual purpose: find out creative problems and attempt to resolve them prior to release, and discover marketing options and demographics. The production team is actively seeking information that may help them market the film on release.
Additionally, there are endless test screenings before that test screening. These are typically more ad-hoc and informal- screenings with advisors, mentors, friends, and other parties who might have valuable feedback during the editing process. These are the screenings that produce the biggest changes, as the edit itself is in process and can be greatly influenced.
It all depends on the production, the studio or production house, and what their marketing schedule is.
For marketing test screenings, you may have them 1-4 weeks ahead of release. Pretty quick turn around.
If you're looking at a fine cut and giving feedback, as this post suggests, that can be anywhere from 2-6 months ahead of intended release for typical films. Sometimes up to a year. A major film with a huge workload of SFX will go in to test screenings even before the wrap of production, such as happened with World War Z; the goal being to ensure that they aren't going to waste huge amounts of money on SFX that are in scenes they'll want to cut. World War Z, however, had another problem: they learned that audiences hated the entire last third of the film, so they decided to reshoot it entirely."

I remember reading about a WW test screening that had graphic models in the fight scenes, so here you go

Right. This maybe possible.

So, we have now established, that one poster in a fan forum who is supposed to be in the know, has heard that some WW screening went badly. Okay.

I will be sceptical unless we hear from more reliable people. But you are free to go ahead and believe this :)

Okay, so the deal is that some poster on some other forum said a few bad/mostly bad stuff about WW 2017. The same guy said BvS is a mess before it came out and I f**kin' love that movie so it seems I have nothing to worry about. I'm cool. :cool: :cool:

Considering we live in the era of fake news I don't take **** at face value until it's 100% verified.

Considering we live in the era of fake news I don't take **** at face value until it's 100% verified.

Same here bro. Same here. Remember that news about Tim Miller leaving Deadpool because he wanted to triple the budget and make it larger in scale and stuff? Completely false. The director had to come out and debunk it. I hate these f-ing rumours that try to portray people/movies in a negative way just to get clicks. Its terrible journalism, and zero integrity.

It's always the same person who comes here to enlighten us on how crappy WW will be. Good to know. Thanks for the "report".

I like how the lurkers come out of the wood work to cosign on this unfounded nonsense too. Almost as if, looking and waiting for any sign for this movie to fail so they can say "I told you so". It kind of pathetic.

Last edited:
It's always the same person who comes here to enlighten us on how crappy WW will be. Good to know. Thanks for the "report".

I like how the lurkers come out of the wood work to cosign on this unfounded nonsense too. Almost as if, looking and waiting for any sign for this movie to fail so they can say "I told you so". It kind of pathetic.

There are only negative things to post, so what do you want from me? Same thing happened with Suicide Squad. Every single member said I was a liar because I said the test screenings were bad and NOW WHAT? AH? Find one post where I rub it in. One. But nah man, be surprised and start a petition to shut down RT. I'm the bad here.

I don't want this movie to fail! Going by the trailers this movie looks good! I hope I'm not being mislead by the trailer but we'll see in June. I'm watching this movie opening weekend, good or bad.

There are only negative things to post, so what do you want from me? Same thing happened with Suicide Squad. Every single member said I was a liar because I said the test screenings were bad and NOW WHAT? AH? Find one post where I rub it in. One. But nah man, be surprised and start a petition to shut down RT. I'm the bad here.

Benal, I'm not doubting you, but where do you get your info from?

There are only negative things to post, so what do you want from me?
I can't roll my eyes hard enough. There is no credible evidence of anything negative just rumors you are so keen on sharing. There is actual news from about the film that is posted and it gets a modest reaction, but unsubstantiated rumors from other fanboards, users come out of no where. That is all you post, that is your "rubbing it in" and you act as if the faulty information you spread is gospel given your back to back tweets defending it. Give me a break.

Benal, I'm not doubting you, but where do you get your info from?

It's not that hard. There are forums for Box Office, Awards and movies. They attract people who love movies and couple of them will grow to be in the industry, Or just will know people from the industry because they go to test screenings and if not - go see 3-4 movies every week. Yes, 3-4 movies every week.

It's really not that dramatic over there. They don't focus on DC stuff. You'll find comments on a lot of movies. I just bring it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"