All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare yourself guys and girls!! The rumors are going to start!! Fingers crossed for the best! I'm still going to see it no matter what though!

Even if some of the reviews are made up, at least we know there was a real screening and not some hearsay.

Batman-News.com:

Splash Report ‏@thesplashreport:

Twitter:
Read one tweeter describe it as dark and gloomy with the WWI backdrop like BvS and Suicide Squad. Very serious in tone.
tumblr_mzmws7JZLQ1sp5acao4_500.gif

^^ IO9, did we just post at the same time with almost the same kind of reaction to the exact same excerpt from Gabe99's earlier post.

We are DA BEST. :D :D

Epic_77a337_2976721.jpg

Reading that spoiler about the tone makes me incredibly happy!! Lol

The tone was never the real problem with earlier DCEU films, there are other much darker much better received cbm's. I really hope the writing and editing is nailed this time, that's absolutely crucial.

The tone was never the real problem with earlier DCEU films, there are other much darker much better received cbm's. I really hope the writing and editing is nailed this time, that's absolutely crucial.

Someone did tweet that WW didn't seem rushed like BvS and Skwad. He/She said that this one takes it's time to tell the story of Diana's world and the world outside Themyscira. He/she also said that the movie is closer to Cap's 1st movie and the story is more than only about stopping the bad guy. Take all of this with huge grains of salt tho.

This make me happy...the tone statement.
Same.
I'm sure the interactions between the League will give the film lightness - eg. Bruce meeting Barry in the trailer. And same goes for the fish out of water stuff with Diana coming to man's world. But I think it's important DC retain a certain darkness to their products. So I'm happy to hear this WW reaction, if it's true.

The runtime according to a viewer

Around 2hrs and 7mins give or take

Don't completely trust the leaks. There are two contradicting reviews up on dceuleaks. And one is way too detailed to be true.

That went well with BVS I guess Pirates will be #1 its second weekend in a row when this comes out

And you know this how? Yeah i'm sure people are going to be triggered since it's a war movie :whatever:

When did I say people are going to be mad because its a war movie ? But if the tone is bad / dark & much like BVS this movie has actual competition unlike Suicide Squad people will avoid Wonder Woman if this goes bad & the current DCEU problems & rumors (that mostly end up true in the long run) will not help this movie either there is A LOT against this movie already so having a movie because of its tone is also not gonna help either especially if its bad this has competition that will likely be better

So the movie will be bad because of the tone? Ah ok, let's go tell that to the critics who saw Logan and rated it highly. Because a movie with a Warrior who carries around a sword that's meant for killing people during WWI is suppose to be sunshine and rainbows :whatever:. Didn't know that the competition is already assumed to be better as well. Just say you don't like this movie and move on

The runtime according to a viewer

Around 2hrs and 7mins give or take

The screening was held to gauge audience reactions, this won't be the final cut, they will edit this taking into account the audience feedback (I believe that this is the usual practice with most studios), we cannot be sure of the run-time yet.

The screening was held to gauge audience reactions, this won't be the final cut, they will edit this taking into account the audience feedback (I believe that this is the usual practice with most studios), we cannot be sure of the run-time yet.

Oh yeah i know, i was just putting it out there.

Hope all those leaks are true. This looks like a winner

Hope all those leaks are true. This looks like a winner

I don't want WB to pressurize Patty to edit this movie heavily, but considering the prevailing competition, WB may want to capitalize most in first two weeks only, which means WB will go for 90 minutes runtime, that would be a Huge mistake.

Goal of WW movie should not be financial success, it should be critical success, even with 2 hours run-time, I really think it can easily earn 400 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"