All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's already been stated in the trailer before but
Why change it to be Zeus who gives "life" to the Amazons instead of Aphrodite or Artemis?

I believe it's already been stated in the trailer before but
Why change it to be Zeus who gives "life" to the Amazons instead of Aphrodite or Artemis?

I think it has to do with the backstory. It's not a big deal imo

Also regarding your last post

Etta doesn't die and the Ares fight is more detailed than that. That review going around mixed real and true facts but a lot of the summary is wrong

Last edited:
Some People want to see the surprises the creative team have for them in theaters, or in new released trailers, not pictures or descriptions plastered onto their feeds by random bloggers. IMO

In on a new thread!

NtRWxzj.gif

Info has began to leak already, huh? Though, it's going to be hard to tell apart made up bull from actual plot.

I think it has to do with the backstory. It's not a big deal imo

Also regarding your last post

Etta doesn't die and the Ares fight is more detailed than that. That review going around mixed real and true facts but a lot of the summary is wrong

It wouldn't be something that would make me rage but
making a man be the one to give life to the Amazons instead of the usual Aphrodite/Artemis seems weird. Especially since it seems just to be another useless change a writer makes to WWs origins

Do we know whats right and whats wrong at this point? I would be happy if the one I read was wrong though.

making a man be the one to give life to the Amazons instead of the usual Aphrodite/Artemis seems weird. Especially since it seems just to be another useless change a writer makes to WWs origins

Do we know whats right and whats wrong at this point? I would be happy if the one I read was wrong though.

If
Ares indeed killed Zeus, I think Zeus creating Amazons ties nicely to it (similarly to how Amazons being a nation of warriors ties nicely to Ares being a god of war), more than have some other Olympian who otherwise doesn't play an important role in the film do it. It seems all more personal this way, especially if Zeus is Diana's father. Besides, Zeus is the main god after all.

Agreed, it's not making me rage, but it's an annoyance. Other annoyances to me are:

Steve Trevor sacrificing himself and saving the moment or whatever. I really don't want Steve to be the hero. He needs to be second in this film, and so far the leaks are making it seem he's on the same level as Diana in this film.

I like that Lois had her own arc and strengths in MoS, but she was clearly a supporting character. Same with Selina in TDKR. And the females in all the Marvel films. So now with the first, in this era, female led superhero film, it's seeming that the male is on par with the female lead and it's pissing me off. Hoping I'm wrong.

I also don't like Diana being born out of an affair.

Agreed, it's not making me rage, but it's an annoyance. Other annoyances to me are:

Steve Trevor sacrificing himself and saving the moment or whatever. I really don't want Steve to be the hero. He needs to be second in this film, and so far the leaks are making it seem he's on the same level as Diana in this film.

I like that Lois had her own arc and strengths in MoS, but she was clearly a supporting character. Same with Selina in TDKR. And the females in all the Marvel films. So now with the first, in this era, female led superhero film, it's seeming that the male is on par with the female lead and it's pissing me off. Hoping I'm wrong.

I also don't like Diana being born out of an affair.

None of this bothers me at all.

Gotta see how it plays it out on the screen.

That was one of the strong suits of that animated WW movie the way they were somewhat on equal footing constantly playing off each other.

People already complaining Diana
tells her life story in an e-mail

My God, who cares? :funny:

I know, that's going to take like... eight minutes total of the movie. That's not the point of the movie, the point is the two hours that happen in-between the
beginning and closing of the email

I know, that's going to take like... eight minutes total of the movie. That's not the point of the movie, the point is the two hours that happen in-between the
beginning and closing of the email

If that, it's probably 3 minutes. **** all. But you know people are gonna be all crazy about it.

The email works because it's purposely there to show the passage of time. Diana came to man's world when the telegraph and snail mail were the main means of communicating over long distances. That it opens and closes with an email is pretty cool. And shows, cow excrement and controversial leaders notwithstanding, how far we've come as a species.

So well established narrative tool of protagonist starting to tell a story by either verbally telling it to another party or writing it down, before it slides back to the past is now a problem too?

God bless internet for giving the voice to bunch of whiny nobodies. Who knows where we'd be without it...

This guy saw it. He actually posts lines and goes into detail in the whole thread. I think he's the most believable of them all considering that he hasn't liked any DCEU movie so far or rated them highly (besides this movie)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/5uwket/saw_prescreening_of_wonder_woman_today/ddyiyrl/

Okay, I'm not clicking on the tags, but I see this thread's in spoiler mode already. Were there substantial leaks from the recent screening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"