All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they come across very wooden?

She always seems to have much the same tone and expression. And her line at the end was very dull In terms of how it was read

I completely disagree on all points.

I'm seeing a lot of "Gal's delivery is wooden"
I could not disagree more. I don't know where thats coming from. Her dialogue delivery and her facial expressions and on screen presence are what I love most about these trailers thus far.

I'm with you there. I think she pulls off that mixture of naive (fish out of water), idealistic, yet confident and powerful, well. Wonder Woman is someone who has to be fierce as hell but graceful and kind, and Gal exudes that both in how she handles herself physically and in her line delivery. She's doing a competent job, and I'm excited to see the rest of her performance.

I still stand by my belief that it's a completely inappropriate theme for Wonder Woman as an actual character.

I read somewhere that the theme itself will have an evolution in the movie. like, they'll start off with some common chords, then add to it until it becomes the theme we all know. I think that could go a long way in making me warm up to it because when it springs up out of nowhere I find it really jarring and kind of gawdy.

I still stand by my belief that it's a completely inappropriate theme for Wonder Woman as an actual character.

It's appropriate for this 'gritty', apologetic, macho driven ADD version of the character.

But yes the theme lacks the majesty and 'wonder' you would hope to expect.

This looks outstanding. Smart trailer, too, showing more of her origin story and tying it to the Justice League, and a really good blend of action, story and a dash of humor.

Gadot's performance is fine. These likely aren't her most intense acting moments by a long shot (DC's trailers have rarely revealed these), but she has a wonderful, subtle and almost compassionate delivery in the lines we hear. She's showing a variety of emotions in various clips, and her body language as the character is excellent.

I think that theme is pretty clearly her "charging into battle" theme more than anything else.

Last edited:
On the theme I thought it was fine for BvS but was kind of hoping something else for WW standalone film.

In the set visits Patty talked about how her theme goes on a journey in the movie- It's going to show up, presumably at the end, because the theme is "strong" and you can't put that over a young naive girl - I assume we are going to get hints of it at the beginning and its going to progress as the movie does, and in my mind her BVS theme will make its appearance during that lightning storm battle we are seeing in the trailers.

On the theme I thought it was fine for BvS but was kind of hoping something else for WW standalone film.

I like theme, but it seems out of place the way it's slapped at the end of the trailer. It doesn't match with the trailer's tone.

Anyway, i think this is the best trailer yet.

This looks outstanding. Smart trailer, too, showing more of her origin story and tying it to the Justice League, and a really good blend of action, story and a dash of humor.

Gadot's performance is fine. These likely aren't her most intense acting moments by a long shot (DC's trailers have rarely revealed these), but she has a wonderful, subtle and almost compassionate delivery in the lines we hear.

how did they tie it to JL by showing her origin? :huh:

The theme evokes a Spartan like familiarity so I see the reasoning in relation to WW. I do see where it can be jarring for some though.

I'm with you there. I think she pulls off that mixture of naive (fish out of water), idealistic, yet confident and powerful, well. Wonder Woman is someone who has to be fierce as hell but graceful and kind, and Gal exudes that both in how she handles herself physically and in her line delivery. She's doing a competent job, and I'm excited to see the rest of her performance.

Agreed. Aside from the above, her screen presence is phenomenal. In her scenes in BVS(particularly her Diana scenes) I just can't keep my eyes off of her because I find her so compelling and strong

I think her line delivery is wooden but her face acting is exceptional. really weird dichotomy there

I can't get a read on Gadot for the life of me.

There is nothing wooden about her delivery. Now people are complaining about the theme song? I can't.

I think her line delivery is wooden but her face acting is exceptional. really weird dichotomy there

I know what you mean, but perhaps seeing full scenes and of course full movie can affect how she actually comes off. She was pretty great talking in BvS scenes for example in totality.

She's not wooden. She's playing certain things stoicly, and much of the humor will revolve around that. She's the "straight woman" here.

But overall, her speech has a fluidity to it that does not encompass "wooden".

Hippolyta showing Diana the kingdom like Mufasa did with Simba :hehe:

5DeR9Xr.jpg
EverythingTheLightTouches.jpg

She's not wooden. She's playing certain things stoicly, and much of the humor will revolve around that. She's the "straight woman" here.

But overall, her speech has a fluidity to it that does not encompass "wooden".

The cut and dry world of the guard. lol

How boring for discussion though if all were just saying, "this looks perfect" followed by responses, "Yes. I agree." over and over. :o

I hope for her sake they're saving her best bits for the film because if that's her range she'll come in for a LOT of criticism

And I mean from critics and the GA, not DC fans who desperately want it to be perfect.

The cut and dry world of the guard. lol

How boring for discussion though if all were just saying, "this looks perfect" followed by responses, "Yes. I agree." over and over. :o

You obviously don't know me if you think anything about my world is cut and dry.

There are certainly lines that she is definitely clipping.

But overall? No, she's not particularly wooden. She is conveying a number of vulnerable emotions in the trailers we've seen.

I agree, it would be boring if there was no discussion. Especially if people just stated their opinions as a series of adjectives with no actual analysis or discussion of the concepts involved.

Last edited:
I like that training scene (with grown up Diana) seems to work pretty much like the contest, displaying various challenges and fighting styles. I wonder if the axe-wielding Amazon is Phillipus... she kinda looks like Ann Ogbomo, though it's hard to tell as it's a very quick shot.

Okay trailer. Didn't increase or decrease my anticipation.

Opinions being stated as irrefutable facts would be pretty bad for discussion, but yes analysis and varying viewpoints are good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"