All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that how Diana stays young? Themiscyra makes her not grow old?

I think her parentage could also be a reasonable explanation if they chose to use that to justify it.

I have a feeling we'll get another trailer with Ares reveal. With GOTG2 or King Arthur.

I have gone through the trailer a lot, but still no sign of my gurl, Doutzen. Anybody spot her? Aside from my hnnngh avie that is.
PzgvyXf.gif

i like trailer it showed some new footage but not too much it gets the job done for a final trailer

Yeah there has been a lot of discussion about such theories around here, to keep Steve Trevor around.

Unless this pic from London during JL shooting was a red herring/trolling:

tumblr_o6ytm4j9JN1rs2uhvo1_1280.jpg

Justice League commenced shooting on April 11th and Wonder Woman wrapped on May 9th so they must've bumped into each other

Momoa likes to pay visits to other DC sets. :o

Last edited:
I doubt we'll get 4 full length trailers. seems a bit much

If WB doesn't put the "final trailer" in the title - it's not the final trailer. Hell, they had the 'final trailer' for Kong in NOV, and decided to release another one last month

In the comics, Wonder Woman found the elixir of life which she administered to Steve, he was very much alive and kicking in the year 3000 but it looks like we don't even have the purple healing ray here, let alone the vitamin L3

I will be avoiding TV spots and trailers (if they release more) from now.

I will be avoiding TV spots and trailers (if they release more) from now.

This one actually didn't have as much "new" stuff as I originally thought it would. So for me too, yeah, gonna have to be careful of later trailers and TV spots. I actually followed ZERO when it came to LOGAN and it made the film so much more enjoyable not knowing anything.

Yes I wonder what happens to the Amazons' immortality once they leave the island. In the original comics they lost it if they left the island. The island had the fountain of eternal youth.

tumblr_n1e58jVZ3d1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

In the comics, Wonder Woman found the elixir of life which she administered to Steve, he was very much alive and kicking in the year 3000 but it looks like we don't even have the purple healing ray here, let alone the vitamin L3

There's a thing called as 'Cinematic license' and 'Creative freedom' which movie directors have, so they don't have to include every thing connected to Themyscira (That exists in WW comics) in the movie.

Edit: Patty Jenkins has the freedom to pick and choose (from Comics, TV shows, animated series, animated movie) whatever she thinks is right for her vision in the movie.

There's a thing called as 'Cinematic license' and 'Creative freedom' which movie directors have, so they don't have to include every thing connected to Themyscira (That exists in WW comics) in the movie.

Of course. But it's interesting to see what they decide to go with.

I'll I can really say is it looks like it has potential and is more or less the type of depiction of the characters I'd always wanted, even down to the contrast of colour with Themyscira and the outside world. But given the history of this franchise all it is right now is potential. Her acting is still hit and miss.

You have a lot of conflicting rationales from across decades of WW comics to use to justify the "immortality" of Diana and the Amazons. Personally I think they should just go with the blessings of the gods giving them an immortal nature tied to the power of the gods in some way. Make the island this outpost of ancient mythological magic in a world of aliens, metas and the like.

I've always liked the idea of the DCU being a place where there are a bunch of "Hidden" societies on Earth. Paradise Isle, Nanda Parbot, Gorilla City, Atlantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"