All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
C8ZBmE1UIAA00dq.jpg:large

Hope not.

How would you depict the 'victim's' behaviour under compulsion?
As if entranced? Maybe eyes reflecting the lasso's light?
As if it's a struggle, the truth forced out (not my favourite idea)? Or straight out like the WW animated dvd? Like when Steve accidentally put his foot in the loop while flying with WW?
Maybe a glow surrounding them or just the lasso?

I think I prefer where they speak normally. Just with a tinge of gold light in their eyes...

We already saw lasso being used on Steve Trevor. It's when he talks about "the war to end all wars".

Seriously??? How did I miss that, I thought he was just talking.

I don't see how it is nerfed, the lasso's function is to compel the person who is tied by it to tell the truth when asked a question that he(/she) is able to answer, we know there will be a scene in the movie where we see that happening.

The other property of lasso is that it's indestructible and it glows when used in a fight, that's also present in the movie, so...

Yup, it's there in the movie. I already stated that in my earlier post, I didn't want to give away the scene.

Go back and watch the second trailer...look in the bottom right corner as he talks about the war. There is a lighted golden line which is obviously the lasso :)

I'm only just realising it as well. It's not blatantly obvious, tbh.

No, it's not that obvious. There is a better shot, but this is the best picture I could find at the moment... open the picture in separate tab and you can see gold line around Trevor:

wonder-woman-trailer-10.jpg

Someone to the left of Steve is holding the lasso as you can see a glimpse of it in this shot.

steve.png

There are some sharp eyed mutha-cussas in this place. I totally missed the lasso's glow.

There are some sharp eyed mutha-cussas in this place. I totally missed the lasso's glow.

I never noticed it until someone mentioned it after that second trailer came out. Now I cant not see it :)

Someone to the left of Steve is holding the lasso as you can see a glimpse of it in this shot.

steve.png

I guess since the lasso glows/works with anyone holding it, this means the lasso is magical itself and does not need Diana to activate it. I'm cool with this, I like WW's innate superhuman powers mixed with mystical artifacts and weapons.

the lasso is one of the god's gifts that only the fiercest Amazons could wield.

Must be someone pretty fierce holding it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"