All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or be like Legend and sneakily hide a two star review on your poster

QKneRrq.jpg

Best superhero film of the year? Really? I haven't seen GOTG or even Logan, but I have a hard time believing that with what I heard about Logan.

but its just 1 person ... so...

Best superhero film of the year? Really? I haven't seen GOTG or even Logan, but I have a hard time believing that with what I heard about Logan.

It's just semantics, but I think some people associate "superhero" film differently from a "comic book movie", so by that logic, Logan would (and GoTG 2) be comic book movies, not "superhero movies".

:cwink:

Edit: Thor Ragnarök and Spider-Man: Homecoming would be "superhero movies".

Maybe he didnt like Logan. He is just speaking for himself.

Oh and because we know it is coming...no his review is no more valid than anyone else's.

To be fair, he may have not seen Logan or GotG2 (he certainly didn't review them judging by his RT bio). The only one I know for sure he has seen and reviewed is Lego Batman and he says it's better than that then that's pretty cool. :yay:

like i said right on the previous page right he gave Suicide Squad a 3/5 stars, and BVS a 2/5 stars if you want any indication on what he thought of the previous DCEU movies.

Unless that poster is fake (if it is it fooled me)
then it means WW has been shown to critics/reviewers/etc.

We'll start hearing those "I heard from someone", "I have heard ___ things about" about the quality of the film soon

To be fair, he may have not seen Logan or GotG2 (he certainly didn't review them judging by his RT bio). The only one I know for sure he has seen and reviewed is Lego Batman and he says it's better than that then that's pretty cool. :yay:

Good catch, I was checking out his RT bio too and I missed that.

I believe there is also the Chinese premier next Monday.

Looking back some spoilers for BVS dropped, during the first premier, the Mexican premier

from the old r/dccinematic posts

Doomsday evolves, the one in the trailer is the 2nd iteration (there are 3 or 4, depending on your definition)
Superman dies, Doomsday kills him as he (it?) dies.
Batman kills.
Lex does in fact kill Sen. Finch (by tricking Wallace - Scoot Mcnairy)
Lois Lane steps in and stops Batman from killing Superman
Batman saves Martha who's been held hostage by Lex

So there is precedent for some spoilers to leak.

Last edited:
I've seen both, and topping Logan will be a very difficult task imo. GOTG 2, well it's good but not great imo. But TBF, IDK personally think that this needs to surpass Logan.

It just needs to be a good movie.

I believe there is also the Chinese premier next Monday

We don't know if the full movie will be shown in China. China does not normally allow full movies to be shown at premieres for whatever reason. We know at least 30 minutes will be shown.

I believe there is also the Chinese premier next Monday.

Looking back some spoilers for BVS dropped, during the first premier, the Mexican premier

Doomsday evolves, the one in the trailer is the 2nd iteration (there are 3 or 4, depending on your definition)
Superman dies, Doomsday kills him as he (it?) dies.
Batman kills.
Lex does in fact kill Sen. Finch (by tricking Wallace - Scoot Mcnairy)
Lois Lane steps in and stops Batman from killing Superman
Batman saves Martha who's been captured by Lex

From what I've read, they'll show the first 30 minutes on Monday, but the movie will premiere on June 2nd like most countries.

Well GOTG2 has a 67 on Metacritic
Logan has a 77
and getting a 77 for a superhero movie on Metacritic is rare.
only the Dark Knight trilogy and the first Iron Man have scores of 77+

He gave civil war 4/5 too! Called it Marvel at its best! That's good enough for me considering that was fantastic

RT score is more important than metacritic

Metacritic is more reliable and professional. The site knows how to count reviews.

It not hard for a review to count on RT.

The reason why the fanboys aren't a fan of the website is because films like 'The Avengers' only has a 69 on there.

i agree metacritic is more objective but studios use RT score for marketing cause its more attractive to ppl, so its important for marketing purpose.

Because of that review if this movie gets less than 75% RT I will be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"