All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Johns makes me nervous. His comicbook writer sensibilities might be really not right for movies. I feel like if he was fully in charge we'd have gotten 14 year old Robin and Supes wearing his undies on the outside... Maybe his sensibilities are a nice touch in small doses but I think I'm glad he wasn't there from the start

My, ohmy, where has all the Gal hate gone? Love it!

I don't think it's retconned so much as recontextualized or put in context period. Before, what she said was vague enough that it could lend itself to varied interpretations. I hope so anyway. I don't want unnecessary continuity issues.

I wouldn't have a problem if she is Diana Prince in Man's World between then and BvS. I don't think they would have her don the WW costume in that time, would they? She can be hopeful as she helps the world as Diana Prince but not get involved in man's war as WW. Whatever the case, will have to wait to see how they explain it.

Apparently, a friend of this dude saw it and
hated the Ares reveal.

Not really anything.

I did wonder about

the focus shifting on the three villains. The 3rd act probably has to deal with Doctor Maru/Poison, then Ludendorff, then the Ares reveal, which will ultimately be mainly a big action scene. I wondered if it might take focus away from what the movie built up- the whole Doctor Poison/gas plotline as it moves to more action with Ares.

Last edited:
Literally nothing negative other than that tweet about the third act, which still was favorable. WB is gonna lift the embargo asap.

Literally nothing negative other than that tweet about the third act, which still was favorable. WB is gonna lift the embargo asap.
That wouldn't be smart. Not because of what it says about this movie, but what it says about other ones.

My, ohmy, where has all the Gal hate gone? Love it!
As someone who was still skeptical of her, I'm thrilled at how many of these tweets are specifically praising her performance.

That wouldn't be smart. Not because of what it says about this movie, but what it says about other ones.

That doesn't make much sense. Everyone's been all up in arms because of the alleged embargo lift two days before release. After three DCEU movies with a less than favorable reception it would literally be the smartest thing to do.

other ones? MOS, BVS and SS? why would they matter? Why should they concern themselves with preserving the reputation of those movies when they've already been ripped apart and their reputation is completely tarnished.

Matt Atchity ✔ @Matchity
The @WonderWomanFilm is going to be a monster hit! Give @PattyJenks the reins for all the DCEU movies!

Kofi Outlaw ✔ @KofiOutlaw
.#WonderWoman is the fun, colorful, thrilling movie that both #DCEU Fans & @BatmanvSuperman haters have been waiting for! @GalGadot owns it!

Dave Schilling‏
I loved Wonder Woman. First act's a bit slow, but it's optimistic, emotional, and *gasp* funny. Best DC movie so far.

Dave Schilling
Also, Gal Gadot is a legit movie star. Feel free to @ me.

Dave Schilling
And Chris Pine. Goddamn, he's charming in this.

Alisha Grauso‏
Obviously an in-depth review coming, but I'm overjoyed to see a long-overdue ass-kicking ray of hope in the DCEU & her name is #WonderWoman.

Alisha Grauso
P. S. Do not @ me about Gal Godot. She kills it, that's it, end of story, take a seat.

Anna Klassen ✔ @AnnaJKlassen
#WonderWoman is the 1st film in the DCEU whose fight sequences don't feel entirely CGI/video game-esque, & that alone is huge accomplishment

Kate Erbland ✔ @katerbland
WONDER WOMAN: Easily my favorite DCEU film. Has the humor and heart the franchise so desperately needs. Gadot and Pine are charming as hell.

Jim Vejvoda ✔ @JimVejvoda
I'm now allowed to reveal I enjoyed Wonder Woman! It's really good. Has the heart & humanity DCEU needed. I'm not reviewing it FYI

Kevin Polowy ✔ @djkevlar
#WonderWoman is solid. Definitely a step up from the last few DC movies. Its retro war vibe makes it feel like their Captain America.

Erika @pottertardis
#WonderWoman is the best DCEU film so far. The heart of Gal Gadot's Diana powers it, and the shift from mythic into WWI story really works.

That doesn't make much sense. Everyone's been all up in arms because of the alleged embargo lift two days before release. After three DCEU movies with a less than favorable reception it would literally be the smartest thing to do.
You release it on the usual Tuesday before release they use to have as the standard. If they want to switch their embargo policy to one or two weeks out, I'd love it. But they won't. What it would show is that Wonder Woman got an early release because it is actually good. But then say they hold the JL embargo to the week of, what does that say about JL? What does that say about any other DC movie with a week of embargo?

The problem with embargoes and WB came when they started messing with them. When they use to have the Tuesday the week of release, along with proper screenings for almost all there films, there was nothing to take away from the embargoes.

other ones? MOS, BVS and SS? why would they matter? Why should they concern themselves with preserving the reputation of those movies when they've already been ripped apart and their reputation is completely tarnished.
Not about past movies, about movies going forward.

With the positive buzz from these reactions, they don't need to lift it early. They're getting the buzz on their side already. All an early embargo lift would accomplish is make it even more conspicuous the next time that they don't (like, say, for Justice League).

Mike Ryan‏Verified account
@mikeryan

Follow
More
Easily the best of the DCEU. And I liked MAN OF STEEL. It's part CAPTAIN AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER and part "fish out of water" THOR 1.

Great. Two movies I found very meh that critics happened to like (like a a lot of those early Marvel films).

There is no way First Avenger or Thor 1 are close to as good as Man of Steel. Not better than BvS UE either imo.

Still excited. More importantly glad that its finally looking like a win for DC though.

FC is a hater? :eek: :o
I was a skeptic. I liked her in BvS, but she didn't have much to do, and her performances in other films and her deliveries in these trailer had me worried. Relieved it doesn't sound like I need to be.

I was a skeptic, not a hater. I like her in BvS, but she didn't have much to do, and her performances in other films and her deliveries in these trailer had me worried. Relieved it doesn't sound like I need to be.
Nope, that is pure hatred. I can see in the way you type your words. Don't try to backtrack now. :o

I am in the same boat with you, though I did like her in the Fast series and her death pissed me off way more then it should have. :funny:

The trailers haven't worked for me with her, but I am very happy to hear she is good here. Hoping I agree.

I will say that I do believe there is a bit of Anti-Snyder going on with all these reactions. I'm sure they loved the movie, but no need to throw shots at Snyder just enjoy a great Wonder Woman film.

I truly believe critics wanted to love Suicide Squad as well. Its just the rushed script, editing, etc killed it for a lot of people.

I just hope the positive of Wonder Woman doesn't make the hate double down for Justice League. If they don't like it thats ok. Just hope they don't go in disliking it and not give it a fair chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"