All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy bad place. This exceeded all expectations. You guys are in for one bad place of a treat. They did it. They freaking did it.

Glad that you loved the movie. :awesome: :awesome:

tumblr_lodl4fWXtS1qluebuo1_500.0.gif

Holy bad place. This exceeded all expectations. You guys are in for one bad place of a treat. They did it. They freaking did it.

Did the rest of the people in your theatre have a similar reaction?

Taking my wife and three of my daughters Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to it!

Against my better judgment, I just saw [BLACKOUT]the DC title intro for Wonder Woman[/BLACKOUT]. It's pretty hype.

Reminds me a lot of Justice League Unlimited.

Glad that you loved the movie. :awesome: :awesome:

tumblr_lodl4fWXtS1qluebuo1_500.0.gif

I'm glad too!

Glad you enjoyed it. :up:

Thanks! I'm sure you will too :cwink:

Did the rest of the people in your theatre have a similar reaction?

The laughs were plentiful. They reacted to the things on-screen with audible gasps and stuff like "Woah!". There was scattered applause at the end, but I wasn't expecting applause since Singaporeans are very shy people haha. I applauded though. The last time I've seen the whole theater erupt in applause was TDKR. Some woman cheered when Bruce showed up at the cafe, and the film ended, and it erupted in applause.

Against my better judgment, I just saw [BLACKOUT]the DC title intro for Wonder Woman[/BLACKOUT]. It's pretty hype.

Reminds me a lot of Justice League Unlimited.

Yes! It's also pretty representative of a (what everyone hopes) new age for the DCEU.

The laughs were plentiful. They reacted to the things on-screen with audible gasps and stuff like "Woah!". There was scattered applause at the end, but I wasn't expecting applause since Singaporeans are very shy people haha. I applauded though. The last time I've seen the whole theater erupt in applause was TDKR.

Nice !!!

Some woman cheered when Bruce showed up at the cafe, and the film ended, and it erupted in applause.

Damn, isn't that a spoiler?? I didn't know something like this was gonna happen in the movie. I'm sort of angry. :cmad: :D

Just wanna share some thoughts with you guys.

I know it's been said multiple times before, but the cast really knocked the performances out of the park. Everyone brings their A-game. It's incredible. Even the supporting cast in minor roles are fleshed out and feel like 3-dimensional characters. Gadot embodies Wonder Woman like Reeve did Superman. Her acting was amazing. She pulls off every emotion flawlessly. Pine's performance was really subtle, but so well-done. Patty truly brought out the best in everyone.

Second, the action sequences. Imagine the BvS warehouse fight, but with WW kicking as much butt and then some. I know a lot of people might dread the third act (with some reviews citing it), but for me, it avoids problems that usually plague such sequences with the emotional heft it delivers. And it delivers big time.

The visuals were beautiful. The slow-mo was kick-ash. The dialogue was snappy. The chemistry between Pine and Gadot is magnetic. The music.....I didn't really catch much of it tbh, but I loved the subtle progression of WW's theme till it reaches that terrific crescendo we all love.

If you've loved the DCEU movies preceding this, you will love WW. If you hated the DCEU movies preceding this, you will still love WW. It's really hard to dislike such a well-made movie, and you can tell how much love and care went into making this movie. It oozes off each frame.

Bravo, DC. Bravo. On to JL.

Nice !!!

Damn, isn't that a spoiler?? I didn't know something like this was gonna happen in the movie. I'm sort of angry. :cmad: :D

Come at me bro! :mnm:

awesome bro!! You were one of my anticipated reactions brother

You will love it man. I get what people say about her being the "true north superhero." Now if Cavill can reach that in JL, we are set with the DCEU.

Just wanna share some thoughts with you guys.

I know it's been said multiple times before, but the cast really knocked the performances out of the park. Everyone brings their A-game. It's incredible. Even the supporting cast in minor roles are fleshed out and feel like 3-dimensional characters. Gadot embodies Wonder Woman like Reeve did Superman. Her acting was amazing. She pulls off every emotion flawlessly. Pine's performance was really subtle, but so well-done. Patty truly brought out the best in everyone.

Second, the action sequences. Imagine the BvS warehouse fight, but with WW kicking as much butt and then some. I know a lot of people might dread the third act (with some reviews citing it), but for me, it avoids problems that usually plague such sequences with the emotional heft it delivers. And it delivers big time.

The visuals were beautiful. The slow-mo was kick-ash. The dialogue was snappy. The chemistry between Pine and Gadot is magnetic. The music.....I didn't really catch much of it tbh, but I loved the subtle progression of WW's theme till it reaches that terrific crescendo we all love.

If you've loved the DCEU movies preceding this, you will love WW. If you hated the DCEU movies preceding this, you will still love WW. It's really hard to dislike such a well-made movie, and you can tell how much love and care went into making this movie. It oozes off each frame.

Bravo, DC. Bravo. On to JL.

Nice summary. I'm really excited. Too bad I'll hafta wait more than a week to see the movie. Still very happy for you guys. It's time to celebrate WW's success.

giphy.gif

Fans are predictably attacking the critics that gave the movie rotten reviews. The Guardian review has over 1400 comments now. Those people don't understand that they are driving lots of traffic to those critics' pages.

Fans are predictably attacking the critics that gave the movie rotten reviews. The Guardian review has over 1400 comments now. Those people don't understand that they are driving lots of traffic to those critics' pages.

WW is on 96% on RT, so why aren't they happy?? Why must they focus on that one negative aspect. Why?? SMH

WW is on 96% on RT, so why aren't they happy?? Why must they focus on that one negative aspect. Why?? SMH

It's annoying. It was dumb when it happened with TDKR. It was dumb when it happened with Civil War. It's dumb now. People need to stop this ****.

It's annoying. It was dumb when it happened with TDKR. It was dumb when it happened with Civil War. It's dumb now. People need to stop this ****.

Yeah. Don't hate critics who disagree with you. Those are the ones you need to pay attention to most, because they're the ones who have an alternate experience with said film-which happens to be just as legitimate as yours does, btw.

The key is to keep the discussions civil.

Real. Jenkins tweeted it!

It's the best one yet! Goddamn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"