All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
$

I wish there was more of everything, Themyscira, Gods on Mount Olympus etc....

I could've watched a 3 hour cut of this film and still wanted more. WB needs to announce that sequel asap

I would've liked a flashback similar to the 2009 animated movie where Hippolyta and the Amazons were fighting Ares. Also would've liked a scene of Diana training against Artemis like the animated film, and also the contest.

Has Aula Magna stopped by since the movie's release?

Wonder Woman is a triumph. The movie's not perfect, but it's better than average, and Gal Gadot packs a winning performance. My dad said "it may be the best DC movie" of all time. I didn't quite have that sentiment, but I thought it
was soulfully crafted with a compelling moral.

4/5-7.7/10

Wonder Woman is a triumph. The movie's not perfect, but it's better than average, and Gal Gadot packs a winning performance. My dad said "it may be the best DC movie" of all time. I didn't quite have that sentiment, but I thought it
was soulfully crafted with a compelling moral.

4/5-7.7/10

I havent thought about it like that, but yeah it truly is. Its the DC film Ive found the most enjoyment out of

I believe it's the best DC film of all time! It so far is the BEST Representation of the DC Comics that we love and Enjoy! It has all the feels and character evolution of a Comic Book Series! Beautiful

The lack of the only true Wonder Woman fan's opinion since the release and public reaction to the film is all most of us should need to realize posters like that were never here in good faith.

Add my voice to those that like the movie but do wish there was a bit more of the Amazons and their society.

I want to see more about the Amazons, of course, but I realize it is a bit of a tricky issue.

In this movie, Diana has to leave pretty quick or there is no story.

And, moving forward, she has to engage in the world of mankind, where she is called be a hero.

Hopefully they will find ways to keep the Amazons involved and allow us to see more of the culture.

The lack of the only true Wonder Woman fan's opinion since the release and public reaction to the film is all most of us should need to realize posters like that were never here in good faith.

Add my voice to those that like the movie but do wish there was a bit more of the Amazons and their society.

I checked comic book resources forum's Wonder Woman threads and I found that Aula Magna was a poster over there who got banned some years ago. Maybe He is the same person, who posted by same username here, given the same nature of his posts.

BTW, I'm not a member of those forums.

Yes.

Some of the character moments in this film were beautiful, everything between Diana's departure from Themyscira and the Ludendorff showdown was sensational. However, the Amazons' fake themysciran accent was a bit jarring and the film's last 30 minutes were bad, more than bad, dare I say it, cringe-worthy. Gal Gadot and Chris Pine have amazing chemistry and I personally loved Diana's banter with Sameer. Gal's delivery leaves a little bit to be desired but she's so beautiful and so charming, Patty milked that charm for all it's worth which is great, Patty excels at this character stuff I reckon. Lastly, the lasso was by far and away the coolest weapon which only goes to show that Wonder Woman needs a sword & shield like a fish needs a bicycle.

Wonder Woman didn't blow me away but I enjoyed it.

...nudity.

My dad said "it may be the best DC movie" of all time.

An interesting view, and certainly capable of argument. I think comparisons are difficult in some instances. For instance, the degree to which Batman redefined its titular character in the popular conscience, and its persisting influence, will I think prove to be far greater. Equally, The Dark Knight is a much better structured movie, but (partly by virtue of its subject matter) lacks the human interest or exploration of its characters that is Wonder Woman's strength.

I think those are the top three. I also think Wonder Woman muscles out Batman Begins and Superman the Movie as the most satisfactory origin movie.

I saw it on thursday.
It has its flaws (quite evident IMO), but it is an intelligent movie, which is a rare quality respect to other movies of the genre.

I hope everyone who says that "it's good despite having some flaws" doesn't forget that phrase when talking about any other movie. Lawd.

...nudity.

An interesting view, and certainly capable of argument. I think comparisons are difficult in some instances. For instance, the degree to which Batman redefined its titular character in the popular conscience, and its persisting influence, will I think prove to be far greater. Equally, The Dark Knight is a much better structured movie, but (partly by virtue of its subject matter) lacks the human interest or exploration of its characters that is Wonder Woman's strength.

I think those are the top three. I also think Wonder Woman muscles out Batman Begins and Superman the Movie as the most satisfactory origin movie.

I personally think BB is better structured, but I prefer DCEU's Wonder Woman to Nolan's Batman as a character.

Superman the movie is good as an event and even a movie itself, but to expect the first big budget legit superhero movie to not be a bit dated is a little much.

I think I'll have to rewatch Iron Man-just so I'll have a frame of reference in where Wonder Woman lies in origin stories.

Citing CGI as a "flaw" is disingenuous, as the best companies that do CGI work are ILM and Weta, and they have tremendous amount already, with ILM busy with Disney's properties like Star Wars and Marvel movies as the company is owned by Disney.

Weta has many big movie projects lined up and they are not available, so DC has to hire other Vfx companies and they do their best, sometimes it is not at par with ILM and Wta, what can you do about it ?

Again, I fail to see how is that considered as a "flaw".

Citing CGI as a "flaw" is disingenuous, as the best companies that do CGI work are ILM and Weta, and they have tremendous amount already, with ILM busy with Disney's properties like Star Wars and Marvel movies as the company is owned by Disney.

Weta has many big movie projects lined up and they are not available, so DC has to hire other Vfx companies and they do their best, sometimes it is not at par with ILM and Wta, what can you do about it ?

It's a technical limitation. That being said, I think we're literally getting to an age in which we are spoiled by seamless digital doubles.

I would take a few iffy character replacement shots over less than accomplished storytelling, so it's a negligible flaw to me.

Great pic above.

I could've watched a 3 hour cut of this film and still wanted more. WB needs to announce that sequel asap
Same here.

Eh, just because they are forced to use lesser VFX studios, doesn't mean the CGI suddenly isn't inferior. A flaw you can't avoid including is still a flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"