All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Woman!

c7FNQXO.jpg

Found this on the net, worth the read and it'll be interesting to see how Aries fits into this framework:

"It's pretty brilliant that DC decided to change Diana's origin story from World War II to World War I for the up and coming Wonder Woman movie.

For those who don't know, WWI was essentially a war based on colonial expansion, economic self interest, and land acquisition from warring royal families. The spark of it was an assassination, basically an act of revenge.

Previously, Wonder Woman comics wrote her origin during World War II, a war where there were clear good guys and bad guys.

Themiscyra is an island utopia entirely populated by immortal women, who have isolated themselves from modern day society, to escape the corruption of Man, on the belief that men are the ultimate cause for the world's pains.

If Diana were to enter the world during WWII, it would be no problem for her to choose whose side to fight for, as it would be clear as day. With WWI, her choice is much more difficult, as there basically isn't a clean cut "good guys vs bad guys." She would be entering a world where everything that was taught to her about the rest of the world was true: men ruin everything.

This creates a very rich and interesting world for her to find why she would want to fight for such a place."

^Interesting. I guess Diana meeting individuals, good people like Steve Trevor, would affect her way of thinking about the outside world. Also seeing innocent people suffering, and seeing people fighting for their rights and helping each other.

I am intrigued by the two swords. Whether it's just because one is smaller that she uses it instead or that one is a McGuffin and is as rumored [BLACKOUT]the sword Ares wants[/BLACKOUT].

I wonder about that mustard gas scene too. It probably is a war zone, or an attack by an enemy against her and her group. Since we see later that she is fighting them as she is on horseback. Those were all the Bourne wood scenes they filmed not so long ago, as we saw in the set pics.

Last edited:
I'm surprised how much they've actually shot. From the set pics you get the impression that they have barely started. Just some walking in the street shots. But, no. At least two action/fighting scenes are already done.

I'm surprised how much they've actually shot. From the set pics you get the impression that they have barely started. Just some walking in the street shots. But, no. At least two action/fighting scenes are already done.

Especially since something like Bourne Wood, we got a couple of fan pics of the smoke machine and a truck amongst the trees. That horseback scene was going on at that time as well. They also hid the costume very well from the set pics.

How long are they rumored to be filming again? 4 months, five months?

How long are they rumored to be filming again? 4 months, five months?

Alls I remember reading is that they were filming the Italy/Themyscira scenes in the spring (northern hemisphere spring.)

Wonder Woman is good and kind and the best fighter in the DC universe! I'm so happy that they seem to have the CHARACTER of Wonder Woman right and that she won't be a one dimensional warrior woman or "strong female character".

That's not to say that I want her to be perfect as flaws can add interest and allow for character development.

The first look at Wonder Woman was stunning :) I am so happy to see WW kicking ash in the few clips we have seen, looking forward to some of the awesome action scenes and hoping they will be on par with Man of Steel!

Great to see all this gifs. Gal looks beautiful in all the shots, especially the hat and glasses.

As for not making contact with the solider, I got the impression that it was a filming shot which they used where it hasn't been edited properly. It almost felt like the original raw footage.

^Interesting. I guess Diana meeting individuals, good people like Steve Trevor, would affect her way of thinking about the outside world. Also seeing innocent people suffering, and seeing people fighting for their rights and helping each other.

I am intrigued by the two swords. Whether it's just because one is smaller that she uses it instead or that one is a McGuffin and is as rumored [BLACKOUT]the sword Ares wants[/BLACKOUT].

I wonder about that mustard gas scene too. It probably is a war zone, or an attack by an enemy against her and her group. Since we see later that she is fighting them as she is on horseback. Those were all the Bourne wood scenes they filmed not so long ago, as we saw in the set pics.

Bourne 5 title confirmed! The Bourne Wood!

Guess who :
She sounds like she had a little bit of a cold actually, which I thought was interesting. She's like "That's why you didn't hear any of my lines from the movie". Nice try, but we know you filmed that in a different time.

You know what I want to know? Who the official fight choreographer is.

Hope some Game of Thrones fight choreographers join the film. :hmr:

What was so "off" about what we saw of Gal throwing down? That kick? Good enough for Nolan ain't good enough for us anymore? ;)

Footage looks great. And yeah I know she didn't speak but to me Gal looked great as Wonder Woman. Her body language and facial expressions were spot on and stuff like that is just as important as line delivery for me.

can they please get away from all the slow mo action sequences? does zach have his hand in everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"