All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Patty allows Gal to use some of her natural charm and joyfulness. It would be a shame to suppress that for a darker version of WW when that was probably part of the magic of Gal in the first place that Snyder saw.

There could even be humour coming out of Diana's innocence and lack of familiarity with the western world or even certain phrases that would be lost in translation.

After all, Gal herself did one of these very things when she almost said that she slept with Amy Adams simply because of her English (although I believe she secretly did sleep with Amy and she just spoke without thinking because it was such a wonderful experience and she couldn't contain herself) :oldrazz:

Along with her innocence, characters like Steve Trevor and Etta Candy should definitely be the funny ones of the film.

Like this image, spells humor all over:

EUFXZYV.jpg

Glad it's dark. I like darkness. Death, tears, pain, blood...

DARKGASM.

So help if in like a year or two Ezra Miller has an interview where he says:

"There's definetly going to be moments of humor in the film, but it's still a pretty dark and depressing serious film for the Flash"

:cmad: :o

Flashpoint is regarded as one of the best more recent Flash stories. Flashpoint is also pretty dark. :oldrazz:

Shame! :argh:

Least we got good ol' Billy Batson as a comedian.

Yeah, well... fingers crossed they don't make that brat a member of the League. A wise man once said - f*** Shazam.

Any one remember that Wonder Woman pilot from a couple of years ago. I am so glad that pilot failed.Wonder Woman's big screen debut would not have been as anticipated as it was if there was some weekly tv show airing.

Some comic book charterers just belong to the big screen. Glad that Aquaman pilot failed too. The Flash show surprisingly works though. I hope it does not affect the B.O performance and critical reception of the film.

Any one remember that Wonder Woman pilot from a couple of years ago. I am so glad that pilot failed.Wonder Woman's big screen debut would not have been as anticipated as it was if there was some weekly tv show airing.

Some comic book charterers just belong to the big screen. Glad that Aquaman pilot failed too. The Flash show surprisingly works though. I hope it does not affect the B.O performance and critical reception of the film.

I was chummy with the lead makeup artist on that WW pilot and attended the filming on Hollywood Blvd. I remember being so glad they changed the powder blue pants to dark blue (pants to be darkened, lol). But that TV costume, no matter how dark the blue became, could not hold a candle to Wilkinson's masterpiece that Gal wears!

Who didn't think that it would be dark? That's what DC said that it's mission statement was. My hope is that Jenkins handles it far better than Snyder has. If unlike BvS the movie actually focuses more on character, has a decent story and isn't edited terribly I will be okay with that. In the future though I want them to tone down the darkness stuff, I'm ****ing sick of it. The only reason that I haven't dumped this film is because Snyder isn't the director.

Anyway I do expect humor adding reshoots in the film's future though.

I'm sorry, but your negativity is getting tiresome. We already know the movies will have different tones, Suicide Squad has more humour thanks to the Joker and Harley, even Captain Boomerang is funny in the trailer. The Flash will be lighter too according to producer Deborah Snyder:

Deborah Snyder: David Ayer’s Suicide Squad has such an amazing, brash tone. It’s fun and it’s about the villains, and it’s super-different than Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman, which is an origin story and tells her story. As you can imagine, when we get to the Flash movie, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher — who plays Cyborg — are kind of our youngest characters, and they have a really nice comradery with each other. Ezra is super funny, so the tone of that film will be very different than the rest of them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...man-flash-wonder-woman-and-more/#5eff55f56aa9

Regarding Wonder Woman, World War I was not a joke, bad storytelling is stupid jokes when characters are fighting for their lives, it ruins the tension and credibility of the scenes. The humour should be natural, like Alfred's in BvS, that was perfect, great acting by Jeremy Irons by the way. I think Etta Candy will provide some humour, maybe Trevor too, but it may not be enough for critics that think these movies should have the same tone Marvel movies have, response next year.

Given it's set in WWI, I think having it being more serious is a good thing, I assume it's going to have its funny moments but I don't think being 'dark' (I assume Gal meant serious rather than gloomy) is going to affect the film at all.

The last thing WB needed right now was Gal saying what the tone was like.

What does it change?

This series is being heavily criticised for being too dark. The last thing WB needs on the back of BvS is their next solo film being given the same label, no matter if it's true or not.

The last thing WB needed right now was Gal saying what the tone was like.
I am a little surprised that WB hasn't told to the actors to shut up talking about how dark these films are going to be but WB is in a delusional spiral.

To be fair if the film is actually not crappy then it can to a degree overcome the dark and gritty thing. More Nolan competence than Snyder incompetence.

I hope Patty allows Gal to use some of her natural charm and joyfulness. It would be a shame to suppress that for a darker version of WW when that was probably part of the magic of Gal in the first place that Snyder saw.

I think all Gal meant was that WW is more a character driven drama than a standard action-comedy superhero fare.

now we all know it's the coming of age, innocence lost story of Diana, we're going to see her nature charm and joyfulness, but not in the comic, jokey way.

I got here late. Are people freaking out about the word "dark" yet?

She probably means serious, but a WWI era movie and a movie about various warriors, yeah, it's going to have some darkness to it. And should.

I am a little surprised that WB hasn't told to the actors to shut up talking about how dark these films are going to be but WB is in a delusional spiral.

To be fair if the film is actually not crappy then it can to a degree overcome the dark and gritty thing. More Nolan competence than Snyder incompetence.

It may end up being great but WB have got an issue on their hands in trying to win people back after BvS. Frankly all the pressure is on WW now and Gal coming out saying it's serious and dark is not going to help win people back. If I'm in WB marketing department I'm telling the actors to shut up about the tone of the films.

It may end up being great but WB have got an issue on their hands in trying to win people back after BvS. Frankly all the pressure is on WW now and Gal coming out saying it's serious and dark is not going to help win people back. If I'm in WB marketing department I'm telling the actors to shut up about the tone of the films.
I agree. They have to win people back and yet they still allow the actors to hammer home the dark and gritty mantra during interviews??? They really should start getting their **** together.

I know some people on here don't like to hear this and that's fine but it's the truth. Along with BvS myriad of other problems the tone was sited as a big one. WB cannot ignore that criticism when it comes to other DC films such as Wonder Woman. And despite what some say that does not mean giving their films a constant quippy tone like Marvel's films.

They don't shy away from that. Both Roven and Deborah Snyder have mentioned on many occasions that DCEU films deal with darker themes. That's something they had in mind since MOS and they'll follow it through, no reason to hide that fact or attempt to fool the audience into believing the films are something they're not.

Or, even if there might be a reason, they won't do it.

Last edited:
They don't shy away from that. Both Roven and Deborah Snyder have mentioned on many occasions that DCEU films deal with darker themes. That's something they had in mind since MOS and they'll follow it through, no reason to hide that fact or attempt to fool the audience into believing the films are something they're not.
They won't follow through if all the films underperform like BvS has.

Some procedural shows like CSI or Criminal Minds aren't quip fests like Marvel movies, but they still have a serious tone. But they aren't super dark either. Couldn't WW have a balance like one of these shows? It's not like either really dark or really light are the only two options and there's nothing in between.

Even Winter Soldier was more serious and less quippy. I'd like that kind of tone for WW.

I just hope this film is good and a hit. I would really hate to see another bad comic book movie flop about a female Superhero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"