All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what anyone thinks of BvS (and I liked it), one thing it def did successfully is debuting WW. Everyone loved her. People are hyped for a WW movie. Now it's up to the marketers and creative team to deliver.

Yep 100% agree, BvS felt like a great trailer for the Wonder Woman film.

In the preview from January, they said the Amazons were charged with safeguarding the world of Man and turned their backs because it was not worth it. The movie should end with Diana having a different perspective, one where she hangs up the costume, because she sees the worst in men, but she also sees the good can always overcome it.

Leave the cynical nature in-between films, for setting up the sequel. I don't want a dark ending, i.e. Steve dying and Diana giving up all hope. BvS being bookended with funerals made me only see it once.

It's a good thing Supes is, has and always will be Space Jesus then.

In the preview from January, they said the Amazons were charged with safeguarding the world of Man and turned their backs because it was not worth it. The movie should end with Diana having a different perspective, one where she hangs up the costume, because she sees the worst in men, but she also sees the good can always overcome it.

Leave the cynical nature in-between films, for setting up the sequel. I don't want a dark ending, i.e. Steve dying and Diana giving up all hope. BvS being bookended with funerals made me only see it once.

That's kind of the feeling I am getting as to how it will end, with Steve dying. :csad:

But Diana may not give up all hope, as she remains in the outside world, for some reason (even if periodically.) She may decide to live among the people to keep a watch on them, maybe to make sure Ares does not return...Though his influence from his appearance in WW1 could continue through the "century of war"...Diana may not don the WW persona, but she could be doing something in our world instead, not as a warrior/fighter/superhero, but in different ways.

Did we ever had a blockbuster with a dark and depressing (with a small glimmer of hope) ending, that was both critical and financial success?

Did we ever had a blockbuster with a dark and depressing (with a small glimmer of hope) ending, that was both critical and financial success?

Well in Titanic Leo died and the boat sank but Kate would go on.

Are the Amazons purely a warrior race or do they focus on anything else as well? Weren't some of the Greeks also concerned with hedonism, culture, education and beauty? If Diana is a princess, hopefully she'll follow some other pursuits as well.

Are the Amazons purely a warrior race or do they focus on anything else as well? Weren't some of the Greeks also concerned with hedonism, culture, education and beauty? If Diana is a princess, hopefully she'll follow some other pursuits as well.

Amazons aren't just warriors (depending on which comics version tho) but they focus on education, culture, science, medicine, technology, agriculture etc etc. I wouldn't say they are hedonists but believe in discipline, compassion, advancement, betterment of the mind and body. We've seen Diana go out in the world as a nurse, a diplomat and ambassador, undercover in war-torn countries, seeing what the United Nations is doing, fighting for human rights...

Makes sense. What if WW is a love story too with a similar end... We have a chance.

The director Patty Jenkins has said how she loved movies like Superman: The Movie because they are these big superhero movies with a great love story too. She said she was trying something like that with Thor 2, but it didn't work out.

Amazons aren't just warriors (depending on which comics version tho) but they focus on education, culture, science, medicine, technology, agriculture etc etc. I wouldn't say they are hedonists but believe in discipline, compassion, advancement, betterment of the mind and body. We've seen Diana go out in the world as a nurse, a diplomat and ambassador, undercover in war-torn countries, seeing what the United Nations is doing, fighting for human rights

In her satin tights. .. or long, smooth bare legs in this case. :oldrazz:

The director Patty Jenkins has said how she loved movies like Superman: The Movie because they are these big superhero movies with a great love story too. She said she was trying something like that with Thor 2, but it didn't work out.
Well, this time everything is set for a nice love story. Even Deadpool had a nice love story.

I do hope we see some scenes of Diana educating herself in culture, medicine and other things though, and not just fighting training all the time. It would be great to have some scenes with Amazons playing instruments like the harp or lyre while they're relaxing in classic white Greek dresses.

Also, movies like LOTR aren't exactly comedies with quips galore like some of the Marvel movies. I wouldn't mind a tone like that for WW.

There has never been a purely warrior race. The Greeks were one of the most sophisticated, and cultured civilizations. Washington DC has so many Greek inspired buildings for a reason.

The movie was popular because it was full of jokes and one liners. :o

tumblr_inline_nt64tnr5nM1rjbkfy_500.gif

Well played sir :)

I hope that's not it. She's been living in "man's world". If she thinks they're so horrible, she would go back to Themyscira. If anything, it should be that Wonder Woman was the only one who had an enlightened perspective and hasn't changed.

I would rather she adopt a non-interventionist stand and let mankind develop on its own. It would make sense for her to step in after MOS and Doomsday because those are alien forces endangering humanity.

Maybe I should have said seeN the worst in men, i.e. the war..WW1 was dark. But yeah. I agree, I think she will step aside and let man work out their own problems.

are people seriously *****ing about a dark tone

why does every comic book movie have to have the same tone????

I can understand people complaining about Snyder's execution of the dark tone. I personally don't find BvS to be nowhere near dour and depressing as I've seen some critics and audience say, but I understand wanting a different execution of the darker themed stories. I can't, however, understand people who want DCEU to turn into MCU-like joke fest. If you like that style there's already bunch of MCU films for you to watch. Let us, who don't like that style, have something else.

Anyway, I could really do with some set pics. You don't tease a longtime fan of ancient mythologies and civilizations with Amazonian armor that actually looks good (despite Hemming, at that) and then stay silent for days. :argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"