All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IMDb has quite a few smaller roles listed. I don't know who decided to list those role there (maybe the actors/agents themselves) but besides "Amazonian War Council Member", there's "Turkish slave', "Returning Amputee Soldier", "Rüdiger Gerhard", "Queen's Guard" etc. etc.

These reports coming out are also from sites looking around and finding out things they find interesting, such as an "Amazonian War Council Member" on IMDb.

Yeah, I noticed. It's probably actors and extras themselves who put their own names there. I remember plenty of those early-on when BvS's production was just starting. There were a "funny soccer mom", "crying Nairomian woman" and such.

Yup. Not sure if they saw that on IMDB though, as she is a rather recent addition. I'd bet that she was added after that article mentioned her, but the logic is the same - lets disclose some new member of the cast, no matter how small the part or unknown the actress is.

Yeah, I noticed. It's probably actors and extras themselves who put their own names there. I remember plenty of those early-on when BvS's production was just starting. There were a "funny soccer mom", "crying Nairomian woman" and such.

Yup. Not sure if they saw that on IMDB though, as she is a rather recent addition. I'd bet that she was added after that article mentioned her, but the logic is the same - lets disclose some new member of the cast, no matter how small the part or unknown the actress is.

When I posted above the recent rumors/reports I'd read they weren't all from the same article. There were reports about the WW footage in Italy, and then there was the report that Marie Jackson was added to the WW page on IMDb from the site "Universo DC." Then the Michael Wilkinson stuff was from another site etc.

When I posted above the recent rumors/reports I'd read they weren't all from the same article. There were reports about the WW footage in Italy, and then there was the report that Marie Jackson was added to the WW page on IMDb from the site "Universo DC." Then the Michael Wilkinson stuff was from another site etc.

Ah, I see. Good thing I didn't bet then. :p

Description of Wonder Woman video that WB shown recently:

https://twitter.com/supesbatsy/status/750649307817271296

CmrXMTaWgAA-3DL.jpg

Synder-esque (!) dark (!) epic (!) :lmao:

The description sounded like that the trailer was cut to emphasis actions as in action film. In the above tweet, it said that the movie wouldn't be a romantic or dramatic opera. I call bs on it --Jenkins will deliver WW heavy with drama as this is her modus operandi in most of her works.

I expect certain parts of the movie to be dark, as they are set in World War 1, which was fairly brutal war.

But whether that means it is a Snyderesque movie remains to be seen, if the reporter has only seen some selected scenes, it's difficult to tell either way.

Or they meet to discuss what's been going on in WWI (since it seems that an Allied military officer and a group of German military personal just show up on their island one day). So if the war is "getting too close for comfort" so to speak, then it'd make a lot of sense for them to talk about/plan for things/possibilities.

Especially if Ares and/or Circe end up being involved as well.

Description of Wonder Woman video that WB shown recently:

Synder-esque (!) dark (!) epic (!) :lmao:

The description sounded like that the trailer was cut to emphasis actions as in action film. In the above tweet, it said that the movie wouldn't be a romantic or dramatic opera. I call bs on it --Jenkins will deliver WW heavy with drama as this is her modus operandi in most of her works.

Agreed, the relationship between Steve and Diana will be shown and I expect some romantic scenes as well.

yeah I have a hard time believing that they won't be ANY romance, or at least romantic tension, between Diana and Steve. It's kind of a big part of their characters, especially in the early days.

I'm not saying that they'll be bumping uglies in this film, but I do expect there to be at least one kiss between them, probably in the third act.

"The story of the movie will be about Trevor"

"...and will teach her what mankind is"

The first feature film about the first superheroine will be about a man teaching her stuff...

Can't wait to see that Steve Trevor movie featuring some amazon chicks
:whatever:

"The story of the movie will be about Trevor"

"...and will teach her what mankind is"

The first feature film about the first superheroine will be about a man teaching her stuff...

Can't wait to see that Steve Trevor movie featuring some amazon chicks
:whatever:

You completely took that out of context. Hate to tell you, but the story of Wonder Woman is about Steve Trevor bring her to "man's world". How you made the leap to this movie is STEVE TREVOR: the Amazon whisperer" I don't know. Like come on.

Btw, I believe this translation is shoddy at best. Whoever wrote it jumped to conclusions based what the original Italian writer said wrote from what they saw on the 3 min feature.

Wonder Woman is going to need someone to guide her in the "new" world, that is, Man's world. Why it is an issue if Steve Trevor is her guide ?

I think some people are expecting this movie to be WWINO, and Steve Trevor is the real hero, as Chris Pine has more Star-power (pun intended.)

picard-triple-facepalm-3.jpg

Last edited:
We'll see about that

From everything i've been reading it seems to me that Trevor will be POV and the real main character.

I hope i'm wrong

Trevor is the Lois Lane of Wonder Woman. You guys and gals are reading to much into it.

Trevor is the Lois Lane of Wonder Woman. You guys and gals are reading to much into it.

He was always there and always will be there. That doesn't mean the story is about him. @valmont: There has been very little written about this movie, so where is these articles saying he will be the "real main character". The movie is called Wonder Woman. Point it out to me. I want to read them. There sure aren't any interviews that suggest this. I swear this comment was brought up before with no basis then too.

Exactly.

And I don't know why I read your last sentence as "You Anals are reading too much into it".

Oooooh. Diana is going to steal a plane! And then transform it with Amazonian magic / technology into an invisible jet - I hope.

I know the likelihood of this happening is slim to none but I would LOVE it if they adapted the sacrifice arc where WW kills Maxwell Lord.
hqdefault.jpg

Though I don't see the films being as tight to do that and with BvS already happening, I don't know if the audience would see it as a retread of that.

I kind of doubt that they'll do it because it has more than a few similarities (especially visually) to Superman killing Zod in MOS.

I kind of doubt that they'll do it because it has more than a few similarities (especially visually) to Superman killing Zod in MOS.

Except the public didn't really care that Supes killed a fellow kryptonian. WW killing a human and one who is a bit high profile would be a bit different. But I do think that people would go back to that as well so they probably wouldn't want to do it and again with BvS already doing the whole "not trusting Supes" and trying to reign him in dashes my hopes.

We'll see about that

From everything i've been reading it seems to me that Trevor will be POV and the real main character.

I hope i'm wrong
I don't know what made up articles that you have been reading but you need to stop.

I have plenty of worries about Wonder Woman but none of them is completely made up crap.

Snyder-esque is interesting indeed, I think it will be more like MOS, and Gal has already said that it's a coming of age story of Diana. I just hope Patty Jenkins was allowed full freedom to bring her vision to the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"